Author Topic: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?  (Read 3431 times)

Sccit

Re: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »
whoa buddy, somebody ban this fagg talkin about Mac Dre was some fuckin overrated under achiever, off with his fuckin head!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dvEsWaCXHxQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dvEsWaCXHxQ</a>

watch your fuckin mouth faggot.  stop suckin on a hater's dick

"Fuckin faggot" - yeah, your level of intelligence and ignorance is just screaming through this post. Obviously you are sold that Mac Dre is on the level of Jay-Z - so be it. This is a forum that is for West Coast fans, so that's you're forte.

lemme know when jay-z becomes iconic enough to get some of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-Dre-FURLS-shoes-SIZE-8-Thizz-Nation-THIZZLE-WASHINGTON-HYPHY-BAY-AREA-in-box-/321048774653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abfff87fd

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
Um, Jay-Z had S. Carter kicks. Remember? And Mac Dre is dead, so his icon status is going to go higher.

Sccit

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »
Um, Jay-Z had S. Carter kicks. Remember? And Mac Dre is dead, so his icon status is going to go higher.

those kicks are another example of him being a business-man before a rapper...those kicks weren't designed in his image due to his iconic stature ala the mac dre kicks. huge difference.

can u just admit u were wrong about mac dre not being a legend, cuz it's glaringly obvious to everyone else, bro.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2013, 03:04:03 AM »
Ask on another forum, ala Sohh or rapradar, one not limited to Cali fans, and ask if his legend status transcends California. Or if he's even comparable to Jay.

Sccit

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
Ask on another forum, ala Sohh or rapradar, one not limited to Cali fans, and ask if his legend status transcends California. Or if he's even comparable to Jay.

lol, yea, lets go ask on sohh, the biggest east coast dickriding forum of all time....where they consider lil wayne amongst the goats. cmon, son.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2013, 04:50:38 PM »
lol mac dre ain't close to jay z

Sccit

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »

in terms of popularity, no....but if u dont think mac dre is an icon/legend, then u simply dont know ur shit.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

in terms of popularity, no....but if u dont think mac dre is an icon/legend, then u simply dont know ur shit.

he's a local legend out Cali

Sccit

« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

he's a hip-hop legend...period. bay area would not be the same without him.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »

remember when Nima was interviewing 50 cent about DJ Quik and 50 cent said "DJ Who?"

that's how most rap fans would react to hearing Mac Dre's name sadly

Sccit

« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »

remember when Nima was interviewing 50 cent about DJ Quik and 50 cent said "DJ Who?"

that's how most rap fans would react to hearing Mac Dre's name sadly

50 Cent is an idiot, and so is your average rap fan.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »
I'm gonna name 8 songs off RD. I challenge anyone saying that he has a better album to put up the best songs from that album and we'll see what's what.

Coming of Age
Regrets
Politics as Usual
Can't knock the hustle
22 2's
Feelin It
Dead Prez 2
Brooklyn's finest

All classic songs. No other album in his catalog is touching it.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:29 AM »
Idiot or not, if your average hip hop fan doesn't know who you are, you're not qualified to be in the legend category.

Legend: 2Pac, Biggie, Eminem, Snoop, Dre, Nas, Jay-Z, Scarface, Gangstarr, E40, Nate Dogg, Too Short, Wu Tang, Mos Def, even 50 Cent. I'd like to call myself a hip hop enthusiast, and I can't name you more than 3 Mac Dre songs. He reached one demographic, didnt leave a huge imprint on the game, and hyphy was a fad. So much of a fad that it never really crossed over until Lil Jon got involved, and that was only for about a 8 month period.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2013, 02:33:42 AM »
Idiot or not, if your average hip hop fan doesn't know who you are, you're not qualified to be in the legend category.

Legend: 2Pac, Biggie, Eminem, Snoop, Dre, Nas, Jay-Z, Scarface, Gangstarr, E40, Nate Dogg, Too Short, Wu Tang, Mos Def, even 50 Cent. I'd like to call myself a hip hop enthusiast, and I can't name you more than 3 Mac Dre songs. He reached one demographic, didnt leave a huge imprint on the game, and hyphy was a fad. So much of a fad that it never really crossed over until Lil Jon got involved, and that was only for about a 8 month period.

What trend has Jay Z started?

I think i asked this earlier but didnt see you giving a response
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2013, 02:35:01 AM »
NIK, I'm far from a mainstream hip hop head. Quik had some amazing albums. Safe + Sound and Rhythmalism are pure classics. But to say his first 5 SHIT on Jay's first 5, really?

It's a matter of sound. I've never seen you give props to NY rap and your favorites have always been Cali based, which is fine. But I'm very well rounded.

My current faves? I was digging Kendrick way before Aftermath, I love Fashawn, Evidence, I loved J Cole before he blew up, I loved Strong Arm Steady's shit with Madlib, I love Freddie Gibbs, Action Bronson, Dom Kennedy, Big KRIT (who could be on legend status one day), ScHoolBoy Q, ASAP Rocky, loved Big Sean prior to his blow up - I breathe hip hop man. Cormega's "The Realness" was one of my favorite albums of the 2000's. Joe Budden is one of the best emcees in the game period. Jadakiss is and always has been one of the most underrated. I breathe hip hop man, you can't put me in a mainstream box.

But Jay Z transcends "mainstream vs underground." Say what you want about Jay's flow, he has been a trendsetter in several other ways. He takes any producer and spits venom on their tracks - he got DJ Quik to step way outside his box on Black Album and ripped it. You wouldn't know who Kanye and Just Blaze are if it wasn't for him handpicking them to produce his shit. Cam'ron would have still been riding Mase's coattail if it wasn't for him. NY would have fallen off the map with Puffy if Jay didn't step in.

Those rappers you named are just poor comparisons. Not one of them, except maybe Quik, are truly on legend status.

this makes no sense. i had nas in there. pretty sure nas is from NY. as for "you wouldn't know who kanye was if it wasnt for jay-z"...well, thats fine and all, but we wouldnt know who jay-z was if it wasn't for jaz-o...does that make jaz-o an all time great too? naah. jay-z has a nice discography, don't get me wrong, but to claim theres no one out there touching his catalogue is simply off. and lol@nas, scarface, mac dre, e40 not being hip-hop legends. smh.. even tech n9ne is more of a trendsetter than jay-z in terms of flat out emceeing. you gotta rethink ur stance on hip-hop, my dude. is jay-z a global icon? yes. did he branch out to other businesses using hip-hop as an outlet? yes. does that mean his quality in terms of music tops other legends (most of whom he was influenced by)? hell naah. and thats what it comes down to.

I honestly didn't notice Scarface in your list, but yes he definitely is a legend. His discography still doesn't compare to Jay-Z's. And would you really put Nas in there if I hadn't mentioned him earlier when saying that him, Em, Snoop, and Cube aren't on his level?

Read interviews man, most rappers cite Jay-Z as their favorite or one of their favorites.

lol...rappers respect jay-z cuz of his hustle, more so than his rapping skills. and smh@"would you really put nas in there?"...i'm a hip-hop head first, bud. i named you some legendary icons and u claim they're not legends, while putting jay-z on a pedestal. shame on u.

I'm sorry but Mac Dre, Tech N9ne and C-Bo are not legendary icons and whatever the circle of hop hop anyone is talking about, their names do not get mentioned in the same breath as Jay-Z, sorry. And I know you'll come back and say Dre is an icon, but he's not. Rest in Peace to him, but if he didn't die, half of hip hop heads wouldn't know who he is. His music was not impactful other than the Bay Area while he was alive.

do u realize what kinda status mac dre is up north? he's literally what 2pac is to euros on this board up in the bay area.

LOL, excellent analogy.

lol i missed that 1, pretty spot on
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup