Author Topic: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?  (Read 3432 times)

Sccit

Re: Reasonable Doubt is easily Jay-Z's best album. Anyone disagree?
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2013, 11:52:21 AM »
Idiot or not, if your average hip hop fan doesn't know who you are, you're not qualified to be in the legend category.

Legend: 2Pac, Biggie, Eminem, Snoop, Dre, Nas, Jay-Z, Scarface, Gangstarr, E40, Nate Dogg, Too Short, Wu Tang, Mos Def, even 50 Cent. I'd like to call myself a hip hop enthusiast, and I can't name you more than 3 Mac Dre songs. He reached one demographic, didnt leave a huge imprint on the game, and hyphy was a fad. So much of a fad that it never really crossed over until Lil Jon got involved, and that was only for about a 8 month period.

lol...based on what ur saying, mac miller and machine gun kelly are bigger hip-hop legends than mac dre. it's complete bullshit...most basketball fans don't know who gail goodrich is, doesn't mean son wasn't a legend. popularity does not dictate how much of a dent you've put in the game. the fact that you can't name more than 3 mac dre songs and previously claimed "only people who love hyphy can feel mac dre" just goes to show ur ignorance on the topic, and means to me u definitely have to brush up on your hip-hop history if u wanna call urself a hip-hop enthusiast, cuz ur missing out on a pioneer of an entire region...no hard feelings, brobro. just tellin it like it is. mac dre is a lot more important than u were led to believe. and contrary to what u claimed, he also reached out to MANY different demographics, probably more so than any other rapper. mac dre was beloved by gangstas, nerds, skakters, backpackers, real emcees, ravers, rockers, commercial fans, club-goers, underground heads, hyphy fans, white girls, asian girls, blasian girls........this is a guy who made music for everyone. but then again, u said it urself, u can only name 3 mac dre songs, which goes to show that u actually really dont have a place speakin on the topic, my dude.