Author Topic: BBC: The Brits are proposing a ban on kitchen knives!  (Read 1723 times)

Sikotic™

Re: BBC: The Brits are proposing a ban on kitchen knives!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »
Or the Brits could legalize the ownership of guns, watch massacres occur and tehn wonder why it happened?
Yes, because gun violence in the UK has been completely eradicated lol

Oh, sorry it was 51 last year :'(
and per capita, its not that far off from ours. Statistics are your friend.

Well u got roughly 5x the population, but something like 180x the deaths (600x if you include 'accidental' by firearms)
Not true. Last time I read a few weeks ago, per capita the US had roughly 20% more gun deaths statistically.

Of course, if you base your views on media coverage, it looks like we're slaughtering each other on this side of the Atlantic.

but outlawing guns isnt going to solve anything, people love guns, people we get guns, legally or illegally. point said, discussion finished.
Yup.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Will_B

Re: BBC: The Brits are proposing a ban on kitchen knives!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 12:56:32 AM »
Or the Brits could legalize the ownership of guns, watch massacres occur and tehn wonder why it happened?
Yes, because gun violence in the UK has been completely eradicated lol

Oh, sorry it was 51 last year :'(
and per capita, its not that far off from ours. Statistics are your friend.

Well u got roughly 5x the population, but something like 180x the deaths (600x if you include 'accidental' by firearms)
Not true. Last time I read a few weeks ago, per capita the US had roughly 20% more gun deaths statistically.

Of course, if you base your views on media coverage, it looks like we're slaughtering each other on this side of the Atlantic

Post the figures homie. My numbered are based on the FBI published stats not some media whitewash.