Author Topic: Why is this shooting not getting more attention?  (Read 6324 times)

Will_B

Re: Why is this shooting not getting more attention?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 10:35:11 AM »
Hammers must go. Why are you yanks so obsessed with hardware tools? Just let the government ban them.

No way. I need to be armed with a hammer to prevent the government from taking my freedom

What Euro country do you rep? Does it suck knowing that you guys gave your king or whatever all your guns?

Gotta LOL @ Jrome the net banging pseudo-intellectual troll :D

Net banging? Just cuz you're a eurowigger doesn't mean I am. I'm not trolling either, just continuing exposing your fallacious world view and laughing at how hard you dodge it. Go pray to your queen.

It's funny how you're flipping your argument to non Americans having a lack of masculinity, or having a monarch (being the same thing)

Between the lines you're saying guns make u hard as hell Jrome, ain't cha....the welfare of victims is most certainly secondary to that. I see u

Fuck what everyone says, u wanna feel pumped ;)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
Hammers must go. Why are you yanks so obsessed with hardware tools? Just let the government ban them.

No way. I need to be armed with a hammer to prevent the government from taking my freedom

What Euro country do you rep? Does it suck knowing that you guys gave your king or whatever all your guns?

Net banging? Just cuz you're a eurowigger doesn't mean I am. I'm not trolling either, just continuing exposing your fallacious world view and laughing at how hard you dodge it. Go pray to your queen.

It's funny how you're flipping your argument to non Americans having a lack of masculinity, or having a monarch (being the same thing)

Between the lines you're saying guns make u hard as hell Jrome, ain't cha....the welfare of victims is most certainly secondary to that. I see u

Willy, my argument is the same. If you read what I actually posted maybe that wouldn't escape you. All I'm saying is you're not in a position to tell Ameros to give up their guns. You've already been beaten into submission by your rulers aka king and queen. You aren't even a citizen, you're a subject to them. Whether your leader is male or female is moot, the point is you live somewhere that has a king and queen which is grossly outdated, and dare I say uncivilized.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »
No guns, no violence, Jrome. You know this. Stop avoiding the facts. Look at the UK for example.......nevermind, per capita, their gun violence isn't that much lower than the US.

But banning guns is the solution.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »

No, we're saying you have a lack of masculinity because you fear guns even though the facts support that you should fear oppressive gun laws.  Which, by the way, is an emotional response, not logical.  Emotion driven responses = typically equated with the female species.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 05:48:55 AM »

Considering my ava/username it isn't that hard to guess. But nice to see that you still can make these claims despite not even knowing which country I'm from.

Truth is, there are millions of gun owners here (no automatics tho). The difference is that we a) don't have a crazy cult that glorifies guns beyond all sanity and b) we don't live in an anarchistic country.
Actually, it doesn't suck in any way. And frankly we have no king and a more democratic constitution than you. I know that doesn't mean shit in those times were democracy is a chimera but your precious guns didn't stop your government from controlling you either. We don't have crazy uber powerful secret services and we didn't fall for that war on terrorism patriot act bs so I guess it isn't all that bad over here. Yet. Despite the fucking EU regime. But thank you for your interest.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:55:21 AM by Furor Teutonicus »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »
Since white people seem to be the majority of people in mass murders, is it time we start screening white people?

For reals though, we have a culture problem, and these mass shootings are just an illusion, a distraction from the real problem. People in America don't know how to treat guns. We treat guns as a weekend hobby we do well we get drunk. We don't need gun control, we need people to become educated as to the dangers of guns, and how to properly treat them. We should educate people on guns the same way we educated them on civics, because guns are a civics issue in the US. Don't ban gun, teach people how to use them, clean them, respect them and store them to prevent home accidents. The most recent statistic is that 500 children died in home accidents in 2008. Here are some examples from 2008, I am trying to find more recent examples.

-On July 19, 4-year-old Dylan Jackson shot himself to death after finding a loaded gun at a friend's home during a birthday party.

- A 3-year-old Southeast Washington boy shot himself in the foot and grazed his hand while playing with his father's gun -- which he found lying on the floor.

- A 2-year-old Tampa boy shot himself in the chest with a loaded 9 mm he found in his parent's couch while playing.

- Last February, a 13-year-old boy shot himself with a semiautomatic handgun in the home of his guardian, a Maryland police officer.

- The 10-year-old son of a New York City police officer died after shooting himself in the face with his father's loaded revolver. The boy found the weapon on a shelf in the basement while looking for a ball his mom had hidden.

We want to protect kids, teach parents at home how to properly handle guns. Parents think guns are something you have fun with well drinking with friends. There lies the real problem in this country.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 12:41:52 PM »
Some more recent gun and shooting accidents involving children include:

a 2-year-old in Cooper County, Missouri, died after shooting himself in the head with a handgun that "he got a hold of" in his house.
a 3-year-old in Loris, South Carolina, near Myrtle Beach, died after shooting himself in the head with a pistol that he found in the car.
a 5-year-old in Belleville, Illinois, near St. Louis, was accidentally shot in the head with a shotgun by his 10-year-old brother.
a 3-year-old in Maryland Heights, Missouri, near St. Louis, who shot himself once in the chest, died. He found the gun in his parents bedroom, one of whom is a police officer.
a 2-year-old was shot in the head by his 5-year-old brother in Connersville, Indiana who was playing with a gun he found in a bedroom. The boy, a twin, died of the gun shot.
a 3-year-old in St. Louis, Missouri who died after she shot herself in the head with a gun she found tucked between two mattresses.
a 6-year-old who was shot and killed by his 11-year-old stepbrother, in what was initially thought to be an accident, but the boy is now facing possible murder charges. The two boys were left home alone at the time of the shooting in Martinsville, Indiana.
a 10-year-old in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi died after he shot himself with his grandfather's gun that he found in his nightstand. He would have been going into the fifth grade next fall.
a 15-year-old from Cherry Hill, Baltimore was shot in the head and killed by a 12-year-old friend who was playing with the gun during a sleepover.
a 5-year-old from Bossier City, Louisiana found a loaded handgun a cabinet in his home, and accidentally shot and killed himself.
a 2-year-old near Fresno, California found a loaded, semi-automatic handgun in his home, walked into a bedroom with the gun, and it fired, striking and killing his 6-year-old sister.
a 3-year-old in South Carolina was shot in his upper boy by his uncle who was cleaning his gun when it accidentally fire. The toddler died in emergency surgery.
a 2-year-old in Georgia was shot in the back by a 9 or 10-year-old who found a gun in a van they were all playing in while the toddler's family was preparing to move to a new apartment.
a 2-year-old in Phoenix was shot in the face with a handgun by her 8-year-old brother, who thought he was playing with a toy gun he found on the floor of his grandfather's apartment.
a 3-year-old in Summerville, South Carolina who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to her head after finding a loaded, unsecured handgun on the window sill of her parent's bedroom
a 5-year-old in Telferner, Texas who shot his 4-year-old brother in the abdomen with a rifle they were playing with in their home. His brother died from the gun shot wound.
a 2-year-old in Missouri who died after he accidentally shot himself in the head after finding a loaded handgun on a shelf in the closet of his parent's bedroom
an 11-year-old in Indianapolis who was accidentally shot by his brother
three children in Houston who were hurt when a 6-year-old accidentally fired a gun he had brought to school
an 8-year-old in Alabama who died from an accidental shotgun blast
a 2-year-old in Vermont who died after he was accidentally shot with a rifle by a sibling
a 10-year-old who lost use of his right eye after being shot by an older teen cousin while they were playing with a gun that they thought was unloaded
a 3-year-old in North Carolina who shot and killed himself
a 4-year-old who accidentally shot a 12-year-old in Louisiana while playing with a rifle they found in a closet

We look at the mass murderer, and we should. Be we should also look at the parent.

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »
Some more recent gun and shooting accidents involving children include:

a 2-year-old in Cooper County, Missouri, died after shooting himself in the head with a handgun that "he got a hold of" in his house.
a 3-year-old in Loris, South Carolina, near Myrtle Beach, died after shooting himself in the head with a pistol that he found in the car.
a 5-year-old in Belleville, Illinois, near St. Louis, was accidentally shot in the head with a shotgun by his 10-year-old brother.
a 3-year-old in Maryland Heights, Missouri, near St. Louis, who shot himself once in the chest, died. He found the gun in his parents bedroom, one of whom is a police officer.
a 2-year-old was shot in the head by his 5-year-old brother in Connersville, Indiana who was playing with a gun he found in a bedroom. The boy, a twin, died of the gun shot.
a 3-year-old in St. Louis, Missouri who died after she shot herself in the head with a gun she found tucked between two mattresses.
a 6-year-old who was shot and killed by his 11-year-old stepbrother, in what was initially thought to be an accident, but the boy is now facing possible murder charges. The two boys were left home alone at the time of the shooting in Martinsville, Indiana.
a 10-year-old in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi died after he shot himself with his grandfather's gun that he found in his nightstand. He would have been going into the fifth grade next fall.
a 15-year-old from Cherry Hill, Baltimore was shot in the head and killed by a 12-year-old friend who was playing with the gun during a sleepover.
a 5-year-old from Bossier City, Louisiana found a loaded handgun a cabinet in his home, and accidentally shot and killed himself.
a 2-year-old near Fresno, California found a loaded, semi-automatic handgun in his home, walked into a bedroom with the gun, and it fired, striking and killing his 6-year-old sister.
a 3-year-old in South Carolina was shot in his upper boy by his uncle who was cleaning his gun when it accidentally fire. The toddler died in emergency surgery.
a 2-year-old in Georgia was shot in the back by a 9 or 10-year-old who found a gun in a van they were all playing in while the toddler's family was preparing to move to a new apartment.
a 2-year-old in Phoenix was shot in the face with a handgun by her 8-year-old brother, who thought he was playing with a toy gun he found on the floor of his grandfather's apartment.
a 3-year-old in Summerville, South Carolina who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to her head after finding a loaded, unsecured handgun on the window sill of her parent's bedroom
a 5-year-old in Telferner, Texas who shot his 4-year-old brother in the abdomen with a rifle they were playing with in their home. His brother died from the gun shot wound.
a 2-year-old in Missouri who died after he accidentally shot himself in the head after finding a loaded handgun on a shelf in the closet of his parent's bedroom
an 11-year-old in Indianapolis who was accidentally shot by his brother
three children in Houston who were hurt when a 6-year-old accidentally fired a gun he had brought to school
an 8-year-old in Alabama who died from an accidental shotgun blast
a 2-year-old in Vermont who died after he was accidentally shot with a rifle by a sibling
a 10-year-old who lost use of his right eye after being shot by an older teen cousin while they were playing with a gun that they thought was unloaded
a 3-year-old in North Carolina who shot and killed himself
a 4-year-old who accidentally shot a 12-year-old in Louisiana while playing with a rifle they found in a closet

We look at the mass murderer, and we should. Be we should also look at the parent.

Thanks for sharing.

The pro gun 'thinking' American will still say there is no problem in the culture. Welfare of others comes second to the rights of the gun owner.

Those kids will just end up on the 21k long list of 'accidental' deaths from last year.

At least the parents still have their rights intact.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »
No problem, though I will say I don't consider myself anti-gun. My dad is a card carrying member of the NRA and former Marine. BUT he did have me go to every gun safety course before he let me touch a gun, and I technically own a couple of hunting rifles. (though they are still at my dad's house as I don't plan on having guns around my children until they are at least 13 years old.) I just think it's a culture issue. I posted this on my Facebook, a list of the known murders on New Years Day. One day into 2013, and we have this list to chew on.

7 people shot, 1 killed in a party in Columbus, GA
3 people shot and killed in Philly, one was just 17
2 victims were found shot to death in Elizabeth City, NC
A 31 year old man was killed at a social gathering in Suffolk, VA
11 people shot, 1 killed so far this new year in Chicago
A man shot and killed in a Georgia night club
4 people shot, 1 killed, the other three in critical condition in a shooting in Lansing, MI
4 shot, 1 killed in a gas station in Lorain, OH
A man killed his girlfriend in Port Arthur, TX
3 shot, 1 killed as a 19 year old boy died at a party in Clayton, NC
A man was shot to death in Corpus Christi, Texas early this morning
A 15 year old boy was killed visiting a friend for New Years when bullets hit their home in Flint, MI
A man was shot and killed in Indianapolis
And a woman died in Columbus, NC, her boyfriend is being held.
A college student was killed while at his parents house in New Orleans, LA
A man was found shot to death in a front porch in Cleveland, OH
2 men shot and killed in seperate tragidies Milwaukee, WI
A man was shot and killed outside a sports bar in Houston, TX

One day into the new year, it's amazing! Very few of these people were killed by assault rifle. We have a culture problem, and it's time to address it. To hammer it home, I am not in favor of gun restriction, but lately I have been open to owner restriction.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
For reals though, we have a culture problem, and these mass shootings are just an illusion, a distraction from the real problem. People in America don't know how to treat guns. We treat guns as a weekend hobby we do well we get drunk. We don't need gun control, we need people to become educated as to the dangers of guns, and how to properly treat them. We should educate people on guns the same way we educated them on civics, because guns are a civics issue in the US. Don't ban gun, teach people how to use them, clean them, respect them and store them to prevent home accidents. The most recent statistic is that 500 children died in home accidents in 2008. Here are some examples from 2008, I am trying to find more recent examples.

This is largely inaccurate, no offense. I don't know how many gun owners you know, but I was raised around people who hunt, and people who have guns in their home for protection. Out of let's say 10 households I remember with gun enthusiasts present, 9 of them practiced safe gun ownership. Alcohol was never involved in any firearm activity, not even a beer when hunting. What you're doing with that statement is letting the odd redneck/nigger/cholo's poor gun discipline speak for all gun owners in America and that's not fair. I agree we need more gun education, and support teaching it to the youth and adults regularly, but if you put out statements like that in an environment that matters, someone might believe you and start writing us all off as lazy idiots.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 09:23:52 PM »

This is largely inaccurate, no offense. I don't know how many gun owners you know, but I was raised around people who hunt, and people who have guns in their home for protection. Out of let's say 10 households I remember with gun enthusiasts present, 9 of them practiced safe gun ownership. Alcohol was never involved in any firearm activity, not even a beer when hunting. What you're doing with that statement is letting the odd redneck/nigger/cholo's poor gun discipline speak for all gun owners in America and that's not fair. I agree we need more gun education, and support teaching it to the youth and adults regularly, but if you put out statements like that in an environment that matters, someone might believe you and start writing us all off as lazy idiots.

As a fellow registered gun owner, I would just like to say that if you think 9 out of 10 gun owners are responsible, that means 1 out of 10 is not, and that 1 person does extreme damage to the reputation of every gun owner. I am talking in a very narrow sounding board on dubcc, I have been here 12 years now and I know what I can get away with and who is watching. With that said, I am talking to people on this board, watch out and be responsible. I have met idiots who think a gun is a toy. I have family that leave guns laying around the house. And by the looks of the list of dead children I posted earlier, my family is not the only ones.

It's not fair to have the idiots speak for all gun owners, but it is also not addressing the problem to just ignore the idiots just because the majority of gun owners are responsible. My dad, who is a member of the NRA, Marine and who loads his own rounds as a past time is NOT the problem. But the idiot who leaves a loaded gun under his pillow for his 3 year old to find IS THE PROBLEM. The two guys who get dunk on weekends and go shooting, then wonder how there can be an accident IS THE PROBLEM. We need gun education, my father said when he went to Eisenhower High School in Rialto, CA, there was a gun class. You could even bring a gun to school and they had a place where they teach you how to work on the gun, and clean the gun. Of course he graduated in 1972. When I was in high school, my dad had me transferred out of Rialto because of the crime around the high school is the center of a 4 mile gang war zone. Times have changed.

We have lots of problems to address, but to start on assault rifles and large clips is the WRONG place to start. The place to start is the low hanging fruit. The idiots, the people who give gun owners a bad name. We need to get mental health on there, but we also need to get more education and screening.

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »
No problem, though I will say I don't consider myself anti-gun. My dad is a card carrying member of the NRA and former Marine. BUT he did have me go to every gun safety course before he let me touch a gun, and I technically own a couple of hunting rifles. (though they are still at my dad's house as I don't plan on having guns around my children until they are at least 13 years old.) I just think it's a culture issue. I posted this on my Facebook, a list of the known murders on New Years Day. One day into 2013, and we have this list to chew on.

7 people shot, 1 killed in a party in Columbus, GA
3 people shot and killed in Philly, one was just 17
2 victims were found shot to death in Elizabeth City, NC
A 31 year old man was killed at a social gathering in Suffolk, VA
11 people shot, 1 killed so far this new year in Chicago
A man shot and killed in a Georgia night club
4 people shot, 1 killed, the other three in critical condition in a shooting in Lansing, MI
4 shot, 1 killed in a gas station in Lorain, OH
A man killed his girlfriend in Port Arthur, TX
3 shot, 1 killed as a 19 year old boy died at a party in Clayton, NC
A man was shot to death in Corpus Christi, Texas early this morning
A 15 year old boy was killed visiting a friend for New Years when bullets hit their home in Flint, MI
A man was shot and killed in Indianapolis
And a woman died in Columbus, NC, her boyfriend is being held.
A college student was killed while at his parents house in New Orleans, LA
A man was found shot to death in a front porch in Cleveland, OH
2 men shot and killed in seperate tragidies Milwaukee, WI
A man was shot and killed outside a sports bar in Houston, TX

One day into the new year, it's amazing! Very few of these people were killed by assault rifle. We have a culture problem, and it's time to address it. To hammer it home, I am not in favor of gun restriction, but lately I have been open to owner restriction.

Damn. That's about 6 months worth in the UK (population around 60million)

It's astonishing

Fraxxx

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 02:12:14 AM »

Considering my ava/username it isn't that hard to guess. But nice to see that you still can make these claims despite not even knowing which country I'm from.

Truth is, there are millions of gun owners here (no automatics tho). The difference is that we a) don't have a crazy cult that glorifies guns beyond all sanity and b) we don't live in an anarchistic country.
Actually, it doesn't suck in any way. And frankly we have no king and a more democratic constitution than you. I know that doesn't mean shit in those times were democracy is a chimera but your precious guns didn't stop your government from controlling you either. We don't have crazy uber powerful secret services and we didn't fall for that war on terrorism patriot act bs so I guess it isn't all that bad over here. Yet. Despite the fucking EU regime. But thank you for your interest.

Pretty much this.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 06:53:58 AM »

Well, nice to see that there are some reasonable people left. I consider myself a pacifist, but I can respect private gun ownership if the people who carry them are able to treat them more rational.
Many people love guns so much that they would give them names and keep them in their bed.  There are so many idiots around the world who lack any responsibility and mind, let alone mental problems, who you better don't encourage to have guns.

I ain't gonna lie, a gun might be useful in the future when this system collapses.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »
theres murders all the time in LA, and basically they get little to no media coverage.

only when it happens in predominant white communities, or the victims happen to be whites that arnt crimnials or drug addicts, .

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.