Author Topic: Tracy Robinson Speaks On Tupac Leaving Death Row [www.tupacnation.net] Courtesy  (Read 1406 times)

aerroc

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/56593871" width="640" height="385" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>   

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/56593871" width="640" height="385" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>   

T-o-m

I dont know whats here to brag about, she doesnt sound credible at all.

DatThrowBaccMuzic

I dont know whats here to brag about, she doesnt sound credible at all.

She is somewhat credible. Death Row's President at the time was Roy, that's why she kept dealing with him. Since, Reggie, Suge, and Kenner were 2Pac's problem. 2Pac was contractually fulfilled, and I think he wanted to renegotiate the contract on his own terms. However, I don't think 2Pac honestly wanted to leave Death Row as an artist, but take Makaveli Records else where. Hence, why it nearly came out under EMI. He probably would've brought Suge up there as well, since they were having issues with Interscope then finally departed. The problem is with Frank Alexander, Tracy, and all those old ass grumpy bodyguards is that they're all looking for fame off this 2Pac shit ten years too late. LOL.

DIGGLAH

• Lil Geezy
Contacts were all up in the air and Death row had a lot of inside feuds when Pac died. But he was not leaving. Pac was on bail and was going back to jail. He was trying to start labels under Death row such as Makaveli, Death row east and so on.

DIGGLAH

• Lil Geezy
My Biz partner has proof / the Answer on whether 2Pac was leaving Death row. When they release the 7 Dayz movie I will release my biz guru's proof. He had a conversation with Pac 3 days before his unfortunate death.

sms130

• 'G'
No, the Makaveli album was gonna originally be distributed by Priority. Suge was helping 2Pac with closing the deal with them for the album and (I think) for Makaveli Records also. 2Pac didn't want the album thru Interscope and knew that it would create an issue because of the content of the album as well as the album artwork (the album cover & original back cover). It's been a question if the Makaveli album was gonna be included as part of the 3 album deal that 2Pac had with Death Row or if All Eyez On Me was considered 2 albums or one in that the deal.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
No, the Makaveli album was gonna originally be distributed by Priority. Suge was helping 2Pac with closing the deal with them for the album and (I think) for Makaveli Records also. 2Pac didn't want the album thru Interscope and knew that it would create an issue because of the content of the album as well as the album artwork (the album cover & original back cover). It's been a question if the Makaveli album was gonna be included as part of the 3 album deal that 2Pac had with Death Row or if All Eyez On Me was considered 2 albums or one in that the deal.
pac did not want to go to death row they were tryin' to sign him since '93-'94 he would not go. he only signed over there because they were the only ones that wanted to help him when he wanted to get out of jail. all eyez counted as two albums of that 3 album deal makaveli completed his contract wit death row. btw suge wasn't lettin' any of his artists make deals elsewhere outside of death row. snoop had doggystyle records pac had makaveli records then.  how far did both of those labels get ? suge wasn't havin' that.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

sms130

• 'G'
pac did not want to go to death row they were tryin' to sign him since '93-'94 he would not go. he only signed over there because they were the only ones that wanted to help him when he wanted to get out of jail. all eyez counted as two albums of that 3 album deal makaveli completed his contract wit death row. btw suge wasn't lettin' any of his artists make deals elsewhere outside of death row. snoop had doggystyle records pac had makaveli records then.  how far did both of those labels get ? suge wasn't havin' that.

Yeah, Suge allowed 2Pac to go to another distributor for the Makaveil album because it was still gonna be released thru Death Row Records anyway. Death Row Records/Makaveli Records/Priority

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yeah, Suge allowed 2Pac to go to another distributor for the Makaveil album because it was still gonna be released thru Death Row Records anyway. Death Row Records/Makaveli Records/Priority
what albums dropped from makaveli records while pac was alive ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MarshColin

None.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

DIGGLAH

• Lil Geezy
You guys are all wrong. Smh at you thinking you know what was going on.

sms130

• 'G'
Q
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »

I never once stated that a album dropped from Makaveli Records while 2Pac was alive. Suge was helping 2Pac secure a distribution deal for the Makaveli album and possibly for future release for Makaveli Records, that was going on prior to 2Pac's death also along with 2Pac trying to leave the label and all of that. SMH! It was said that 2Pac also consider doing distribution deal for Makaveli Records with Quest Records (Quincy Jones's label, at the time) too.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Q
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »

I never once stated that a album dropped from Makaveli Records while 2Pac was alive. Suge was helping 2Pac secure a distribution deal for the Makaveli album and possibly for future release for Makaveli Records, that was going on prior to 2Pac's death also along with 2Pac trying to leave the label and all of that. SMH! It was said that 2Pac also consider doing distribution deal for Makaveli Records with Quest Records (Quincy Jones's label, at the time) too.
pac was goin' back to jail though.

sms130

• 'G'
Re: Q
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »

pac was goin' back to jail though.
Yep, I think that would have went down too.