Author Topic: 20 Things You Didn’t Know About Death Row Records 1 0f 4  (Read 1755 times)

Blasphemy (A)

Re: 20 Things You Didn’t Know About Death Row Records 1 0f 4
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »
Also another example: Cash Money signed Tyga who got exposed via an old clip were the stuff he admitted to contradicts the shit he's said in interviews countless times.

bouli77

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 07:30:19 AM »
Your ignorance about the South is appalling bro. You generalize the tendencies of a few fronts artists to come to a foregone conclusion about a region that is probably the most diverse in terms of sounds.

Their music is designed for Radio Play to the fullest. No aggressive Lyrics, Songs are utilized for radio play like hell, no complex lyrics, avoidance of serious topics, simplistic lyrics and topics it's radio friendly for the fullest.

Whose music is designed for radio play ? Everybody's music is, a rapper has to sell records, a lot of people, including westcoast artists have sucked dick to be able to get radio play.

Avoidance of serious topics ? The Geto Boys are among the most political Gangsta Rap groups there are. Listen to Willie D in particular

No complex lyrics ? I suggest you study Bun B's rhyme scheme and listen to his verse on Murder, and come tell it's not complex.

Avoidance of serious topics ? A few songs : UGK - How Long Will It Last, Willie D. - Niggaz Is Dyin' / One Gud Cide - Time to be a man / L the Black Robin Hood - Survivin The Game

However not all G-Funk Records were Let Me Ride or Nuthin but a G Thang some were hard hitting, and majority of these artist were blunt, critical, and up front about The Establishment, Hood Life, and other ills of Society. Almost every westcoast artist talks about the hood, while all I hear in the South (that's not the underground) is I got this I got that,  Big Money, Swag, Blah blah blah blah. None of their Production bumps hard in any soundsystem, because it's all geared towards Clubs, it's estrogen filled faggotry. The West remains underground because they don't stop talking about hood shit, Unlike Eastcoast rappers staying on Mafiaso dick and Southern rappers talking about how rich they are, Westcoast rappers at the very least keep the subject matter some what realistic (For the most part)

A whole lot of westcoast artists do ignorant music about gangbanging, killing and flossing, not everybody has a sharp pen like Cube. Most of them are not conscious. Lyrically, the westcoast is not renowned for very brilliant lyricists either, there are numerous good lyricists, but lyrics have never been the main interest in westcoast music, and that's why so many euros (including myself) are drawn towards that genre in the first place, because the vibe comes from the beat and the flow before coming from the lyrics. The West remains underground because unfortunately Suge Knight has garnered a lot of bad publicity and A&R's won't sign artists because they think they're not reliable. You make it sound like Southern rappers are the only rappers that talk about flossing their riches and jewelry. Westcoast artists have done the same for ages, 2pac, Cube, Snoop.

Southern Rappers avoid controversy like the plague. The Industry doesn't like Street shit in the business anymore since Death Row, Southern rappers the biggest names are fake as hell.  Southern rappers aren't getting into brawls, shootings, major feuds, smaller feuds, studio gangsters to the fullest in every respect. The worse you hear is they trashed a motel that's some Lindsey Lohan level type of shit, but in their interviews they are Gangster, Affiliated, fake ass OGS, but their music reflects jackshit. Westcoast Artist are the oppisite, their lyrics tell the tell of Gangsterism and street problems but in the interviews they always made the clear distinction between the music and who they actually were.

Since when getting into drama is something to be proud of ? Either way you're wrong because Southern artists are involved in brawls and feuds all the time. Ever heard of Master P kidnapping and pistol whipping Pimp C ? Or Baby supposedly wacking his former Cash Money artists Kilo G and Mr Ivan ? or Lil Boosie ? I can go on...

The westcoast is full of fakes either, as Willie D said "there's some trash in the South but I promise you, from the East to the West, some of y'all garbage too, as long as the beat knocks and the lyrics hot son, I can give a rat's ass where a rapper is from".

You're not very credible, you have this very manichean vision of coastal rap, you generalize way too much and based on what you say, it seems like you're not knowledgeable at all on South music, and I wonder if we listen to the same westcoast artists at all....

Westcoast Artist are the oppisite, their lyrics tell the tell of Gangsterism and street problems but in the interviews they always made the clear distinction between the music and who they actually were.

LOOOL yeah right
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:32:13 AM by bouli77 »

123imagee

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 02:31:35 PM »
Old School South Was The Shit Mainly The Underground Stuff With G-Funk Influence, Old NL, Old CM, Scarface,Even Outkast,etc. Real Rap
The South Nowdays Are F-A-G-G-O-T-S With Skinny Jeans And Gucci On.

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »
Definitely a good read. Never took the time to read up on some of that info from the full article.
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

123imagee

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »
Old School South Was The Shit Mainly The Underground Stuff With G-Funk Influence, Old NL, Old CM, Scarface,Even Outkast,etc. Real Rap

midwestryder

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »
that is not totally true about south nowdays .not all of south today is F-A-G-G-O-T-S With Skinny Jeans And Gucci On.. the south has artists like Big K.R.I.T,Tito lopez, big saint, & yelawolf.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 10:50:12 AM »
The scene at the Automotive Peterson Museum on March 9th 1997 was quite interesting due to the guest list. In attendance were Biggie and Puff Daddy, Tupac’s former finance’ Kidada Jones, Biggie’s ex-wife Faith Evans, Suge Knight’s ex-wife Sharitha, DJ Quik and a group of ‘Tree Top Pirus’, and the man suspected of killing Tupac Shakur, Orlando Anderson was also present.

^^^^ Damn.. that shit is deep.  There was definitely something in the air that night.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

123imagee

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
that is not totally true about south nowdays .not all of south today is F-A-G-G-O-T-S With Skinny Jeans And Gucci On.. the south has artists like Big K.R.I.T,Tito lopez, big saint, & yelawolf.

What you think the west coast is now a days . We got Trae,Z-ro,Slim Thug,Dough Beezy and ect down here . Tyga and YG are skinny jean fags from the west even ya'll
highest selling new artist Kendrick be wearing gay ass leather pants and musically he sound like Outkast . He be wearing skinny's and leather pants weirdo shit just like all the new west so stop generalizing . 

Z-Ro & Trae R Cool.Fuck The New West.I´m Not Generalizing, I´m Just Saying: New Hip-Hop=99% Battyman-Ting

123imagee

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
Say bro fuck the new South and main stream .

8)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »

What you think the west coast is now a days . We got Trae,Z-ro,Slim Thug,Dough Beezy and ect down here . Tyga and YG are skinny jean fags from the west even ya'll
highest selling new artist Kendrick be wearing gay ass leather pants and musically he sound like Outkast . He be wearing skinny's and leather pants weirdo shit just like all the new west so stop generalizing . 

Z-Ro & Trae R Cool.Fuck The New West.I´m Not Generalizing, I´m Just Saying: New Hip-Hop=99% Battyman-Ting

z-ro's dope.

and you type like ali g. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Al Bundy

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 07:13:40 PM »
magic mental is a closet nazi eurofag stuck in the 90's

123imagee

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 12:21:47 AM »
magic mental is a closet nazi eurofag stuck in the 90's

:-*

midwestryder

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 11:46:30 PM »
say you are saying fuck artists like Big K.R.I.T,Tito lopez, big saint, & yelawolf. that is ignorant & closeminded. these artist i named are better then 99% new artist today & probably better then you favorite artist,hater

123imagee

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 03:02:43 AM »
say you are saying fuck artists like Big K.R.I.T,Tito lopez, big saint, & yelawolf. that is ignorant & closeminded. these artist i named are better then 99% new artist today & probably better then you favorite artist,hater

aint u the one who listens to nelly? :-X

midwestryder

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »

aint u the one who listens to nelly? :-X
yes , i do listen to Nelly because i am from St louis & i am real life friends with Nelly & st lunaticz. so that doesn't matter . have you ever listen to any of artist's i named ever . if you had you know i am 100% right about those artist.