Author Topic: I am here to take the GUNS out of Train of Thought... That's power you can't buy  (Read 827 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Okay, now that I have your attention... I just want to say this.

Remember, I am someone who owns guns, someone who believes in the 2nd Amendment. But just reading about all these children's deaths, many by accidental shootings, I question my own opinions, and I question who can own a gun. I am not use to arguing with Europeans in terms of their view of gun ownership. But I am starting to agree with them in some aspects. We have a cultural problem. We have a society in which parents don't know SHIT about gun ownership, and therefore their kids don't know shit about gun ownership.

I will pin point it to this. I feel that in 1968, when RFK and MLK were both shot, the WORST thing the US could do was go for stricture gun laws. At the time, our culture was that of guns as sport, and fathers and sons spent time hunting and sons knew how to handle guns. My father remembers this time, as he was in high school and his buddies and him went hunting after school, they even had guns in their trucks AT SCHOOL and no teacher said a thing.

Since this era, when gun laws started, people saw guns in a different light after the 60's. Dads didn't teach their sons about guns. In fact, at the end of the 60's, beginning of the 70's, the NRA, California governor Ronald Reagan and other conservative groups WERE for gun control. You know who wasn't

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/

The Black Panthers! And it was this era in which people stop teaching their kids about guns. Since then people have NOT taught their kids about guns, and the end results have been people don't know how to handle guns. So the WORST thing the United States did was restrict guns, now the best thing the United States can do is require gun licenses. Before you pick up a gun legally, I feel you need to learn how to handle a gun. It's like driving, you are holding a dangerous weapon and that weapon you'll have around kids. You need to know how to handle it responsibly.

You know the one thing that seems to reduce violence, not more or less guns, but lead in gasoline. WTF? Mother Jones had found a study that links the rise and fall of crime to lead in gasoline. Also remember that lead was in our paint as well. So well we are looking for answers to figure out why we have such high murder rates, we should maybe look at our environment. We are the generation that has to know, WE ARE CLEANING UP A MESS. We need to know we have people holding guns that don't know how to use them, and we are recovering from a toxic environment that might have contribute to increase in crime over the last century. We need to stop becoming defensive of our rights, and figure out solutions. Keeping things the same is not a solution. I have a feeling in 30-50 years they'll say the same thing about the food and all the GMOs. But for right now, lets deal with this.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/01/lead-crime-link-gasoline

jeromechickenbone

Well you worship Obama so of course you're now changing your views. Get rid of all your guns if you want MDogg. That takes the count in the US from 400,000,000 to 399,999,995.

And see my other thread if you want to see what the non retarded Euros say about banning guns.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Well you worship Obama so of course you're now changing your views. Get rid of all your guns if you want MDogg. That takes the count in the US from 400,000,000 to 399,999,995.

And see my other thread if you want to see what the non retarded Euros say about banning guns.

Worship Obama. I thought we came to the concussion I worship God?

jeromechickenbone

I thought we came to the conclusion Obama was your God.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

I thought we came to the conclusion Obama was your God.

I'm taking this advice on Jrome from now on.

jeromechickenbone

Seriously though, if you have some time I'd like to hear your reaction to this vid about how many Brits feel on this subject.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTyCD2n6HAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTyCD2n6HAQ</a>

MistaNova

So you're saying that because of an era were people weren't taught anything about guns, people have come to fear and use them for the wrong reasons and that learning about guns should be a requirement, especially in a country where people are allowed to use guns legally.

I honestly don't find anything wrong with that.
Little exposure/education on something leads to ignorance which usually leads to ugly scenarios later on, I see it all the time in Japan and used to see it frequently back in the US.

My only quarrel would be if guns were taken away altogether. Not because I'd be afraid of a hostile NWO takeover shortly afterwards or because they'd be taking away one of my rights (although, I won't lie, that might be a factor) but because of the consequences afterward.
Whenever you tell a human that they can't do something, they do it anyway.
Because of that there'd still be people who'd want guns regardless of what some law says (in some cases, possibly because the law says they can't) and will do anything to get one. That gives the gangs, amongst other shady organizations, another huge market to profit off of, and put guns in a situation that marijuana's sort of in right now. And as long as people stay ignorant to guns, it'll only get worse.
And then there's the self-defense aspect. I'm not going to say that crimes will rapidly increase if guns get banned, but I do think that without a gun many people will find themselves in quite a pickle when they have to face an armed stranger, who's already decided to break the law, with practically nothing. As there isn't really an alternative to the type of protection a gun can give you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:47:20 AM by Iveus »

J. B A N A N A S

M Dogg and other Obama sycophants will bend over backwards to manipulative their way of thinking if it means staying in line with the party. It's this willingness to conform to a homogenized political ideology that is leading us down the road to becoming cattle even quicker.

jeromechickenbone

JBananas for TOT mod '13

J. B A N A N A S

JBananas for TOT mod '13

Thank you kind sir!

I'll be the mod TOT deserves, some day.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the stories we always hear are the mass shootings, where guns are the villians.

how come we never, or hardly in comparison, hear of when someone defends their family with a gun.

coincidence?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
JBananas for TOT mod '13

Thank you kind sir!

I'll be the mod TOT deserves, some day.

Funny, because if you want lower regulation, I have only locked one thread in the last year, and deleted tons and tons of spam. Basically running ToT like a laissez faire paradise. But if you want a change in mods for ToT that you feel best represent the views of the majority here in ToT, I think we should have a ToT election. That's right, an election and the winner will be sole mod of ToT. How about it?

jeromechickenbone

Seriously though, if you have some time I'd like to hear your reaction to this vid about how many Brits feel on this subject.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTyCD2n6HAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTyCD2n6HAQ</a>

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Seriously, I agree with what those people are protesting for. They have a government that went WAY too far. You know, I'm from California, I grew up in Joe Baca's district. He is a Democrat, and he is pro-guns. He has an A rating from the NRA, and has been an ally for gun owners everywhere. I had personally supported him and phone banks for him on many occasions when I lived in California.

http://www.ontheissues.org/CA/Joe_Baca_Gun_Control.htm

Let me repeat, HE IS A DEMOCRAT. He is a Democrat that represented my district, who went to my church and he knows my father by first name. You know what happened to him, Mayor Bloomberg spent $3million to get him out of office.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/02/michael-bloomberg-joe-baca_n_2228555.html

My response, what right does a mayor 2,000 miles away have to influence an election in California.

So with that said, I have no problems with the people in that video. As I've said a hundred times, I am not anti-guns, I'm anti-idiots having guns. I am for gun education before you pick up a gun and have one in your house. Don't put me in a Democrat label when it comes to guns, I have voted pro-gun many, many times.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
the stories we always hear are the mass shootings, where guns are the villians.

how come we never, or hardly in comparison, hear of when someone defends their family with a gun.

coincidence?

shit dont sell

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.