Author Topic: Prodigy Says He's Sure There Will Be Another Mobb Deep Album  (Read 774 times)

Okka

Prodigy Says He's Sure There Will Be Another Mobb Deep Album
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:14:31 AM »
While at "The Usual Suspects" on PNC Radio, Prodigy says he "loves Mobb Deep," despite the group's current hiatus.

In 2012, news of Mobb Deep’s hiatus broke in a most unceremonious fashion—via Twitter. After initially denying a series of derogatory and homophobic posts were aimed at Prodigy, Havoc later stated that he was indeed the source and that the group was on hiatus. And while their respective solo careers roll on, Prodigy took to PNC Radio’s “The Usual Suspects” to reveal all hope is not lost for fans of Mobb Deep.

“Yeah, I’m sure about that,” Prodigy replied, when asked if he’ll ever record with Havoc again. “I love Mobb Deep…Mobb Deep made my life what it is. Havoc feels the same way, so we’ll be right back to work. For right now, he’s doing his thing and I’m doing my thing. I’ve got goals I’m trying to accomplish, and I really can’t let nothing sidestep me or get in the way of that. If that means I gotta put Mobb Deep on standby for the time being, then so be it.”

Tracks such as Havoc’s “Separated (Real From The Fake)” left little to the imagination, as far as confirming at least a temporary split. But P confirmed that he and Havoc have spoken, and he pointed to his multiple Mobb Deep tattoos as proof of his loyalty. Prodigy’s next scheduled project is the Albert Einstein album with Alchemist, which is slated for release in the first quarter of 2013.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22499/title.prodigy-says-hes-sure-there-will-be-another-mobb-deep-album

doggfather

Re: Prodigy Says He's Sure There Will Be Another Mobb Deep Album
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:18:57 AM »
I really hope so.

i want anotha Mobb Album.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
I think they both agreed that they can make money from a new Mobb Deep album. I don't think they that tight anymore though. A lot of shit has happened.

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 12:07:52 AM »
I think they both agreed that they can make money from a new Mobb Deep album. I don't think they that tight anymore though. A lot of shit has happened.
:-\ :-\

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »

kinda like DPG actually

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:28 AM »
or wu, cnn, onyx or a lot of group from the 90s.  :-\

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:05:13 AM »

kinda like DPG actually

Yeah, but they are FRIENDS. I'm not sure if that's the case with Mobb Deep anymore. Hasn't been in years.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 10:58:31 AM »
it wont be good if they dont develop a natural chemistry and are only doin it for the money..

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:38 AM »
it wont be good if they dont develop a natural chemistry and are only doin it for the money..

exactly, and if there is no Alchemist or Havoc (when he's on point) on the boards I don't have much of an interest these days

Black Cocaine was cool from what I remember but kinda forgettable too, I'll have to give that a spin this week I guess

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »

I know Prodigy isn't very tight after being locked up, that's what I heard. Shame too, dude was a legend but I dont think I can listen to him the same knowing he's a fanucc.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 09:28:47 PM »
Wait. Didn't they have a major falling out like a year ago?

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 07:52:32 AM »
Wait. Didn't they have a major falling out like a year ago?

a few months ago.  havoc made a dis song or two

Okka

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »
or wu, cnn, onyx or a lot of group from the 90s.  :-\

Sticky and Fredro are still tight, they family though. Not sure why Sonsee isn't in Onyx right now.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
They had pretty much been on rocky terms for awhile but I don't think that specifically means they won't have good chemistry if they are on records together. I'm sure that there are plenty of cats who make songs together who don't like each other. Just like I'm sure there are plenty of on-screen romances in movies where the two can't stand each other. I think there is a vast difference between only doing something for the money and having a strictly business relationship with somebody. In the latter, both paries understand that while you may not be specifically fond of each other on a personal level that you both respect the integrity of the brand you've created. I think the idea that everybody who works together has to be like family is more a romanticized notion that the people who buy records and go to movies like to get behind.