Author Topic: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"  (Read 2617 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:43:21 PM »
Dr. Dre has been taking his sweet time with his long-awaited and oft-delayed final solo album Detox, which has been in the works for over a decade. Game, who has worked with the West Coast veteran on the LP since the onset of his career, recently chopped it up with VIBE, discussing how fans may never end up hearing the project.

"Detox, it's like Jesus," he said. "Will you ever get to see Jesus? It's like a hip-hop Jesus."

Even after Dre released a few singles over the past couple of years, Game doesn't think that the rapper will ever release the album until he's truly satisfied with the final product.

"Dre's a hard guy to please," adds Game, also stating how his Beats by Dre company interferes with the album. "He's so critical... If he doesn't become 100 percent happy, then we'll probably never end up hearing Detox. I'll say never."
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

HighEyeCue

Re: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 04:29:40 AM »
Game really going out on a limb...

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:27:04 AM »
Are people seriously still waiting on this? Im a fan of Dre but i could honestly care less. Last time i cared was 2005-2006. He doesnt have
to prove anything really. Just listen to other artist and stop waiting for some "westcoast glory" that you think Dre is gonna provide. Not like
Detox would please people either, whatever he releases is gonna be analyzed and teared to shreds critically before it even drops.

Okka

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:35:33 AM »
Game is probably right, but i still hope we would get "Detox" one day. If Dre needs a co-producer for the album, he does have DJ Khalil.

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
Game is probably right, but i still hope we would get "Detox" one day. If Dre needs a co-producer for the album, he does have DJ Khalil.

Dre needs to co-produce an album with the same team that did GKMC.

He could have an album together in 2-3 weeks if he wanted to.

On the real, he should drop nearly all his in house dudes. Shit got wayy stale years back.

Okka

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
I know this is gettin off topic, but wasn't "Good Kid Maaad City" already almost finished before Kendrick even decided to sign with Aftermath and Interscope? If i remember that correct then the whole "10 years ago this would have been sayin' "Produced by Dr. Dre" argument is out the window.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »

holy shit, this might be the worst idea i've ever heard on this forum

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
Game is so wise for telling us what nobody realized  :'(

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
Game is so wise for telling us what nobody realized  :'(
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »
I know this is gettin off topic, but wasn't "Good Kid Maaad City" already almost finished before Kendrick even decided to sign with Aftermath and Interscope? If i remember that correct then the whole "10 years ago this would have been sayin' "Produced by Dr. Dre" argument is out the window.

not possible when dre mixed most of the album

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

You need to get over Napalm not doing the numbers homie

Okka

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »

Nah, he mixed 5 songs. One on his own and the rest with Ali from TDE.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »

this has nothin to do with napalm, son...try stickin to the topic, if ya can. "detox" would be HORRIBLE if it carried the same sound as "GKMC"

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »

Nah, he mixed 5 songs. One on his own and the rest with Ali from TDE.

naah, his name was on 8 of the 13 tracks, my dude

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:35 PM »

this has nothin to do with napalm, son...try stickin to the topic, if ya can. "detox" would be HORRIBLE if it carried the same sound as "GKMC"

I didn't say 'same sound'. The creative talent behind GKMC, is up there with the best right now.