Author Topic: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"  (Read 2590 times)

Sccit

Re: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
Game is probably right, but i still hope we would get "Detox" one day. If Dre needs a co-producer for the album, he does have DJ Khalil.

Dre needs to co-produce an album with the same team that did GKMC.

holy shit, this might be the worst idea i've ever heard on this forum

You need to get over Napalm not doing the numbers homie

this has nothin to do with napalm, son...try stickin to the topic, if ya can. "detox" would be HORRIBLE if it carried the same sound as "GKMC"

I didn't say 'same sound'. The creative talent behind GKMC, is up there with the best right now.

doesnt matter, if the same producers who produced "GKMC" produced "Detox", then it would carry a similar sound...that should go witout sayin.

"GKMC" was good n all, but not good enough for Dre to use those producers for whats supposed to be the rap album of the century.

bouli77

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
I know this is gettin off topic, but wasn't "Good Kid Maaad City" already almost finished before Kendrick even decided to sign with Aftermath and Interscope? If i remember that correct then the whole "10 years ago this would have been sayin' "Produced by Dr. Dre" argument is out the window.

not possible when dre mixed most of the album

Nah, he mixed 5 songs. One on his own and the rest with Ali from TDE.

naah, his name was on 8 of the 13 tracks, my dude

7 actually. he only mixed one song on his own (Compton). maybe the album was pretty much finished when he signed with the Math and Dre added some finishing touches as always. either way you can tell that Dre wasn't that involved in the creation of this album, nothing really sounds Dre-esque.

Okka

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »
I know this is gettin off topic, but wasn't "Good Kid Maaad City" already almost finished before Kendrick even decided to sign with Aftermath and Interscope? If i remember that correct then the whole "10 years ago this would have been sayin' "Produced by Dr. Dre" argument is out the window.

Dre actually mixed 7 songs with, but only one on his own. The album has 12 tracks, i'm not talkin' about the bonus songs.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »

Dre actually mixed 7 songs with, but only one on his own. The album has 12 tracks, i'm not talkin' about the bonus songs.

7 of 12, still most of the album, meaning the album was far from finished before dre got his hands on it.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »

7 actually. he only mixed one song on his own (Compton). maybe the album was pretty much finished when he signed with the Math and Dre added some finishing touches as always. either way you can tell that Dre wasn't that involved in the creation of this album, nothing really sounds Dre-esque.

yea, his involvement was definitely less than the typical aftermath release, the overall sound is not his...but u can still hear his signature touch throughout the album, and the arrangement on a lot of the tracks straight up holler dre.

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 01:51:10 PM »
Game is probably right, but i still hope we would get "Detox" one day. If Dre needs a co-producer for the album, he does have DJ Khalil.

this has nothin to do with napalm, son...try stickin to the topic, if ya can. "detox" would be HORRIBLE if it carried the same sound as "GKMC"

I didn't say 'same sound'. The creative talent behind GKMC, is up there with the best right now.

doesnt matter, if the same producers who produced "GKMC" produced "Detox", then it would carry a similar sound...that should go witout sayin.

"GKMC" was good n all, but not good enough for Dre to use those producers for whats supposed to be the rap album of the century.

I disagree, on the grounds that GKMC sounds like nothing else before it. That team got raw creativity Dre can only dream about.

But if anyone can, he could take the talent and bring it up a notch - that's what he does best after all.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »

I disagree, on the grounds that GKMC sounds like nothing else before it.

LOL, u serious?

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 02:20:49 PM »
Sweet tap dancin' Jesus, y'all are still talking about Detox?

Dre makes a fuckin 100 mil a year off headphones and pimpin his artists. Why the fuck would he make another album that couldn't possibly satisfy fans after a decade of hype?

It ain't happenin, fellas. Time to let it go.

P.S.: That Good Kid, Maad City idea would be fuckin turrible. If everybody wasn't copying another person's formula, hip hop wouldn't be in the shitty state its in today.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »
Sweet tap dancin' Jesus, y'all are still talking about Detox?

Dre makes a fuckin 100 mil a year off headphones and pimpin his artists. Why the fuck would he make another album that couldn't possibly satisfy fans after a decade of hype?

It ain't happenin, fellas. Time to let it go.

P.S.: That Good Kid, Maad City idea would be fuckin turrible. If everybody wasn't copying another person's formula, hip hop wouldn't be in the shitty state its in today.
+1
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 02:29:15 PM »

LOL, u serious?

Yep, and that's how a relatively unknown artist like Kendrick sold 640K and counting.

Shit sounds like literally nothing else out there. It's a remarkable album, in an era where only The Roots are putting out anything of comparable quality.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »

LOL, u serious?

Yep, and that's how a relatively unknown artist like Kendrick sold 640K and counting.

Shit sounds like literally nothing else out there. It's a remarkable album, in an era where only The Roots are putting out anything of comparable quality.

lmfao...the only sound this album was truly able to capture was the modern "2012" sound. it's underlying musical theme was "lets get the current radio sound and get kendrick to spit some lyrical social commentary over it"...if u really think the production is ground-breaking or only comparable to The Roots in terms of quality, then you really need to check ya ears, my boy.

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »

LOL, u serious?

lmfao...the only sound this album was truly able to capture was the modern "2012" sound. it's underlying musical theme was "lets get the current radio sound and get kendrick to spit some lyrical social commentary over it"...if u really think the production is ground-breaking or only comparable to The Roots in terms of quality, then you really need to check ya ears, my boy.

LOL @ current radio sound.

My top 3 rap albums of the last 5 years:

Nas 'Nigger'
Roots 'Undun'
Kendrick 'GKMC'

They're all on the same page, for different reasons.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »

LOL, u serious?

LOL @ current radio sound.

My top 3 rap albums of the last 5 years:

Nas 'Nigger'
Roots 'Undun'
Kendrick 'GKMC'

They're all on the same page, for different reasons.

lol, okay

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »
Wow Game blew my fucking Mind, Dr. Dre not releasing Detox?

On the real Dr. Dre releasing another album would be good, I'm not expecting Detox to contain some revolutionary sound like The Chronic. I mean seriously another album filled with Grade A Material would do just fine, I mean I know I hate artist who just keep releasing album after album but the benefit is we at the very least get a chance at new music to like and bump, Not releasing an album because it's not gonna be some ground breaking thing is fucking stupid.Long as it's a quality product it will get rotation.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
Wow Game blew my fucking Mind, Dr. Dre not releasing Detox?

LMAO.