Author Topic: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"  (Read 2589 times)

Will_B

Re: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
Wow Game blew my fucking Mind, Dr. Dre not releasing Detox?

On the real Dr. Dre releasing another album would be good, I'm not expecting Detox to contain some revolutionary sound like The Chronic. I mean seriously another album filled with Grade A Material would do just fine, I mean I know I hate artist who just keep releasing album after album but the benefit is we at the very least get a chance at new music to like and bump, Not releasing an album because it's not gonna be some ground breaking thing is fucking stupid.Long as it's a quality product it will get rotation.

On point. Dre didn't top the first album anyway when 2001 dropped. Keeping it consistent is all we can reasonably expect

Okka

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
Only a few beats on "GKMC" has that "current radio sound".

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
Only a few beats on "GKMC" has that "current radio sound".

once again, there was nothing groundbreaking bout the production on the album.

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 04:35:23 PM »
GKMC is really overrated imo.

I think some of yall are so used to being spoon fed shit music for so long, that the minute a decent album comes along, y'all are ready to put it in GOAT status.

The production on GKMD is cool, but no different than Section.80, and I didn't hear anyone clamoring about how great Section.80's production was.

And yes, the album has a lot of radio friendly cuts on it. That's why Kendrick's name recognition blew the fuck up in the last couple months. You got his shit on the radio out here in LA every damn 15 minutes.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Okka

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 04:39:23 PM »

I think some of yall are so used to being spoon fed shit music for so long, that the minute a decent album comes along, y'all are ready to put it in GOAT status.

The production on GKMD is cool, but no different than Section.80, and I didn't hear anyone clamoring about how great Section.80's production was.

And yes, the album has a lot of radio friendly cuts on it. That's why Kendrick's name recognition blew the fuck up in the last couple months. You got his shit on the radio out here in LA every damn 15 minutes.

I still like "Section.80" better. Both albums are great though.

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »
I like Section.80 better too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bouli77

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »

the production on Section .80 is better IMO, I liked GKMC, but the production was pretty generic to my ears, it wasn't the strong point of the album except for a few cuts. GKMC is dope for its story telling and dope lyrics, but the production ? i don't think so. I do prefer Section .80 as well, and I think GKMC is overrated too, although an excellent album too.

Will_B

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 11:30:39 PM »

Lol another person on the Internet using the 'you think it's better than shit, so you're calling it goat' argument

It's an 8/10 for me (no extremist)

And last time I checked btw, the majority of rap comin out is no better than today's radio hits. Sorry to burst that bubble!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:32:29 PM by Do Buy Albums »

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »
All I know is when The Chronic dropped he told The D.O.C. to never release an LP again, so hopefully now we will get an updated D.O.C. & The Doctor.

If he's been working with people like Rick Ross, T.I.& Lil' Wayne on Detox, who the fuck would want it released anygoddamnway?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Will_B

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 12:41:57 AM »
All I know is when The Chronic dropped he told The D.O.C. to never release an LP again, so hopefully now we will get an updated D.O.C. & The Doctor.

If he's been working with people like Rick Ross, T.I.& Lil' Wayne on Detox, who the fuck would want it released anygoddamnway?

Of Rick Ross on Detox he gonna have to bring his triple A game.

U think Dre would be under pressure to feature every current rapper tho?

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 02:52:57 AM »
Looking at the two chronics, i'd of thought we'd get an lp written, rapped and produced by Andre Young.

Bit of a crazy thought though.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Will_B

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 02:59:27 AM »
Looking at the two chronics, i'd of thought we'd get an lp written, rapped and produced by Andre Young.

Bit of a crazy thought though.

I heard he got some amazing ABC 123 verses in the vault, and a couple where he spells his name and recites his zodiac sign

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »
another Detox thread!!  :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_llama: :banana_llama: :banana_llama: :banana_llama:

Mietek23

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 05:51:03 AM »
Dr. Dre will never release "Detox" ???

Okka

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 06:00:53 AM »
Was it April Fool's Day when Game said this because i don't believe this bullshit!