Author Topic: Don't you find it ironic that many gun control supporters  (Read 2210 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Don't you find it ironic that many gun control supporters
« on: January 27, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »
Want to take away (because that is ultimately what they want to do) someones right to defend themselves against the threats that they may face particularly from people who themselves are breaking into their home armed under the pretext that guns are the problem and that if people were disarmed there would be a big drop in deaths and serious injuries and yet most f these people are staunchly pro war and or sit on the fence and claim that "we don't want to, but we have to"

In other words they are not against metal machines blowing a family to bits, not against 10lb bombs being dropped out of the sky blowing up apartment buildings, not against missiles destroying the water suppliers and electricity supplies, don't have anything to say about heavy guns tearing holes through the flesh of women and children when the soldiers go into berserk mode or go trigger happy, don't bat an eyelid that parents in Fallujah have been told NOT to have any children because their children run a very high risk of cancer or deformity because of the chemical weapons which have been employed, or the many deaths in which white phosphorous has caramelised the skin of young children, nope, they just shrug their shoulders and say I support the troops and they are there fighting for me.

They will take a figure like a million Iraqis have been killed and say "that's the price for freedom, or that is what happens during a war" Yet they don't respect that the price for rights is that there will be incidents involving shootings and killings of the innocent

Now I don't believe it's because these people are completely devoid of morality, worse, I think they are entirely empty shells who have been so brain damaged by the culture which they have allowed themselves to be submerged in, so brain damaged by the refusal to educate themselves and to question things, that they simply parrot whatever it is they hear being conveyed as the established line of thinking. They are the real life zombies who would repeat how important it was to for a person to be able to fight for their life with a weapon, how repugnant it was to be launching these unprovoked wars, if that is what the politicians and thus by extension the media was conveying.

I have more respect for a principled war monger, a racist, then I do with so many of these mindless cretinous individuals.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:47:01 PM by virtuoso »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Don't you find it ironic that many gun control supporters
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »
Funny, most gun control people actually don't want to take away guns. Why are gun owners so worried about people taking away guns? There are 300 million guns in private ownership, the idea that anyone can disarm American citizens is absurd. Seriously, the mere fact that you think this way is frustrating beyond belief. The vast majority of people don't want to take away your guns, they just want to make sure you will not shoot them with it.

I have learned this about Americans, they are okay with me being a Latino, as long as I'm not around them to make them feel uncomfortable. Americans are okay with war until it reaches that point were it affects them (which is why I'm for bringing back the draft because we'd never have another war again). And Americans don't want to take anyone's gun away unless they think that person will shoot them. Also, those that choose not to own a gun, they don't want someone forcing them to buy a gun either.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Okay, I will take the points you raised in no particular order, I think that your suggestion concerning bringing back the draft is a very good one. The shit would really hit the fan when the very reaches of power are being trashed literally, by people of all persuasions and political beiiefs. Concerning your next point, what frustrates me is how you can't see the obvious, that America is on a downward path towards fascism. Look, they already have the laws in place Mdogg, this is no longer a "conspiracy theory" or a paranoia, since you claim to know your history, then this shouldn't even be a point of opinion, those laws are aimed at everyone, an attack on an individual is an attack on everyone. However the reality is that these laws passed or these crimes passed into law are a terror tactic. Now.....taking away the guns, what I said was gun control people want to take this right away from people, now how will they do that? well let me think....make you register your gun, then insist that in order to continue carrying a gun that you undergo regular firearms tests, and or psychological tests and oh that party that you have a membership of, that's not conducive to owning a firearm, those bullets that you want to buy, I am afraid you can only buy so many bullets and you must register yourself on the system when you do.

Well we believe this man is a threat, so we are taking away his right to carry guns, remember now, it's a privilege to own a gun not a right. As for gun control advocates..."they should keep their guns at a gun club" and yes mdogg, there are a lot of gun control advocates who are advocates of wars. I need only listen to your average democrat supporter who turned from pro war to I shut the fuck up about war because it's no longer a political issue.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:19:27 PM by virtuoso »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:13:48 PM »
The thing is, these laws don't take away guns, they don't even begin to start. Hell, they don't even close the gun show loop hole yet. They may put stuff in the way, but the people who own guns have guns and all laws are not retroactive. The question is, do you own guns? You know why, I do. I own guns, I own a 30-30 and a .22. I have these guns registered with the state of California, and they've been in my position since I was a teenager. Guess what, no government agent has ever came after my guns. Ever. If the government comes after peoples guns, it would be more blood shed than the Civil War. I hope you understand that. I personally am not worried about the government, I am worried about the people who are getting strokes worrying about the government.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »
Funny, most gun control people actually don't want to take away guns. Why are gun owners so worried about people taking away guns? There are 300 million guns in private ownership, the idea that anyone can disarm American citizens is absurd. Seriously, the mere fact that you think this way is frustrating beyond belief. The vast majority of people don't want to take away your guns, they just want to make sure you will not shoot them with it.

I have learned this about Americans, they are okay with me being a Latino, as long as I'm not around them to make them feel uncomfortable. Americans are okay with war until it reaches that point were it affects them (which is why I'm for bringing back the draft because we'd never have another war again). And Americans don't want to take anyone's gun away unless they think that person will shoot them. Also, those that choose not to own a gun, they don't want someone forcing them to buy a gun either.

I'll take a stab at one of your points mdogg.

In a nation like ours, taking guns away would never never ever happen all at once.  The idea that it could be done slowly is feasible, especially when they seem to be willing to chip away with this here, and that there. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:36:09 PM »
Those new laws proposed don't do jack shit to stop a mass shooting or prevent a "criminal" from possessing a gun.

The only thing that law does is further restrict the responsible gun owner. They get punished for everyone else's transgressions.

So what was the purpose of this law then if it wasn't to further restrict the 2nd amendment?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:11:10 AM »
Those new laws proposed don't do jack shit to stop a mass shooting or prevent a "criminal" from possessing a gun.

The only thing that law does is further restrict the responsible gun owner. They get punished for everyone else's transgressions.

So what was the purpose of this law then if it wasn't to further restrict the 2nd amendment?

Havent really heard a response to this one yet, either.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 12:40:40 AM »
How about being required to provide evidence of safer storage of guns and amunition when you have a mentally handicapped person living in your care?

C'mon guys, it's not rocket science ;)

MistaNova

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:55:17 AM »
How about being required to provide evidence of safer storage of guns and amunition when you have a mentally handicapped person living in your care?

Yes, because every single potential homicidal maniac is a retard related to a gun owner.

Will's right, it's not rocket science ;).

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 01:23:16 AM »

Yes, let's force everyone to cater to a particular scenario that occurs 0.001% of the time.That's efficient governing, right?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 01:38:05 AM »

Yes, let's force everyone to cater to a particular scenario that occurs 0.001% of the time.That's efficient governing, right?

Ok let's forget the Lanza case then, so it doesn't cloud things.

By your response you think it's ok to generally let mentally handicapped people have free access to guns.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 02:13:32 AM »

By your response you think it's ok to generally let mentally handicapped people have free access to guns.
Well you read my response wrong because that's a wild conclusion to come to.

As wild as restricting gun rights to responsible gun owners just because there are a few retards that exist.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Will_B

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 02:24:01 AM »

Well you read my response wrong because that's a wild conclusion to come to.

As wild as restricting gun rights to responsible gun owners just because there are a few retards that exist.

But you still think it's an inconvenience for parents/carers of handicapped children or adults to have to keep their weapons safely stored?

MistaNova

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 02:24:26 AM »

No, my response is saying that to me you're a fool for thinking that only the mentally handicapped who are (somehow) related to gun owners are responsible for gun shootings.
It's not just the mentally handicapped who commit all those shootings, a lot of the time they're average folks that just break down and lose their minds. I've heard, read and seen many stories where people close to the criminals, like their family members or friends, say they'd never thought (insert criminal's name here) could do such a horrible act and that they appeared to be normal everyday citizens.
Plus there's this thing called the black market, everyone has access to a gun there.

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:36:11 AM »

No, my response is saying that to me you're a fool for thinking that only the mentally handicapped who are (somehow) related to gun owners are responsible for gun shootings.
It's not just the mentally handicapped who commit all those shootings, a lot of the time they're average folks that just break down and lose their minds. I've heard, read and seen many stories where people close to the criminals, like their family members or friends, say they'd never thought (insert criminal's name here) could do such a horrible act and that they appeared to be normal everyday citizens.
Plus there's this thing called the black market, everyone has access to a gun there.

No Iveus I gave just one example off the dome of legislation that could've saved 26 innocent lives last year alone.

But you read it as 'I WANT TO TAKE ALL THE GUNS FROM AMERICA'