Author Topic: The People Categories...What people are  (Read 211 times)

TheSheriff

The People Categories...What people are
« on: March 01, 2003, 02:03:25 PM »
I wrote this:

The Social Classes of all Western High Schools:

PREPPIES: The top of the pyramid. The people who wear suits and sweater vests to school, and get away with it. They have names like Cody, Jesse, Ashley and Richard. They wear posh clothes and their fathers are always very rich. The males are school presidents, and the females are school council secretaries.

JOCKS: The next level of popularity. The males are football players, the female cheerleaders. They all wear letter jackets (male) or tight letter blouses (female). They have names like Buck, Chad and Fuckface.

JOKERS: These people are called Chester and Anthony and Luke. It's obvious what they do. Their position in society changes, but they're usually more popular than average. They're all incredibly neurotic, and usually have secret selves which are extremely twisted.

NONDESCRIPTS: The vast middle ground. These people rarely have personality. They’re the yes men, the cronies, and the enforcers of this world. They range from big guys with big fists to athletes who aren’t good enough to be a jock. Names like John, James and William. The females are usually incredibly plain.

SKATERS: They skate. They're called things like Oliver, Nick and Rob. They like punk, and are despised by the jocks.

DRAMA”FAGS”: These aren’t necessarily the amateur actors. This category also includes the weird hippies, and the arty types. The ones who have real names, not made up ones like Istebania, are called Lucia, Christina and Alexander di Poncia.

GOTHS: They usually have normal names. But are fucked up. Go figure.

NERDS: You know the type. They’re called Augustus, Walter, Horace and such. They wear glasses, suspenders, and occasionally turn into insane dictators. These guys are the intelligent wing of the successful school ruler’s armoury, along with tough and the athletic Nondescripts. Though vital to a school’s good name, these people are spat upon, and hated. They’re the useful fools.

MUGWORMS: The truly worthless. The people you don’t even notice. The dweebs, the dorks, the weirdos. The people who are used as victims by bullies, as bridges when there’s icky mud to be crossed. These people have no names

----------------
In modern politics:

PREPPY: Tony Blair

JOCK: George Bush

NONDESCRIPTS: Colin Powell, the PM of Spain, every Eastern European leader but Vaclav Havel

DRAMAFAGS: Jacques Chirac

NERDS: Bill Gates is one, obviously, but Vladimir Putin is another, as is Saddam Hussein, but only as he's western educated

MUGWORMS: They never rise to full power, but Dick Cheney is part-mugworm, and Janet Reno was full mugworm.

JOKERS: All politicians are, to some degree. I mean, what a dumb job.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 03:54:33 PM by Owen »

Trauma-san

Re:The People Categories...What people are
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 03:15:55 PM »
where would you put me?

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 03:30:03 PM »
where would you put me?

Yeah and me, we have been talking for a while, so where would you put me?

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

TheSheriff

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 03:31:24 PM »
I'd say Trauma was a preppy, and Blade was a nerd.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 03:41:11 PM »
Nah, I think you're missin a category or I'm in the middle ground or somethin, I dunno.  My dad wasn't rich, I didn't wear dressy stuff, I just wore jeans and t-shirts.  I was friends with cheerleaders, football players, nerds, pot heads, etc.  I think my deal was I was just friends with everybody in my classes.  If I was gonna hang out with somebody, I'd hang out with mostly people like me, but we were all like a level or two below the people running the school.  Like we'd get good grades, but not the best grades... we wouldn't get in fights, but would basically do what we want, skip, etc.  but never get caught.  So I dunno that I was a group or anything, but all my friends were like that too.  I wasn't a nerd because I had girlfriends in our little clique, and they weren't ugly.  I wasn't a preppie because none of us had any money.  

TheSheriff

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 03:44:07 PM »
You're a Nondescript then.

I'm a weird mixture. Or more, I'm a Jester, but I'm a Chamelon Jester. I can change myself to fit in. I'm a tool. BWAHAHA

But that just means I'll rule the world.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2003, 03:52:27 PM »
But I can't be a nondescript, because I did have personality, that's why I was friends with everybody in the school, and could hang out with anyone from cheerleaders to potheads without getting any flack about it.  

Also, you said 'the yes men', since when am I a follower? I don't follow crap.  

I think most of us will find your categories don't really fit anybody.  Peace~

TheSheriff

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2003, 03:53:35 PM »
It's called satire.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2003, 03:54:31 PM »
Oh.  Why isn't it funny then?

TheSheriff

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2003, 03:56:43 PM »
Because you haven't got a satiric sense of humour.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2003, 03:58:30 PM »
Come on man, you know I got cha there, LOL.  I'm quite proud of myself, that was kinda funny.  I'm still giggling....

TheSheriff

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2003, 04:06:04 PM »
No. Not at all. That's Grade School humour.

*stifles giggle*

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2003, 04:09:02 PM »
No; intellectuals who insist all jokes have to be what they deem intelligent are grade school intellectuals ;)

TheSheriff

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2003, 04:10:53 PM »
I'm a Junior High Intellectual, damnit.

And Grade School Humour sucks poop. *giggles and runs off*

Kaidy

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2003, 04:11:54 PM »
i didnt go to school in america but i guess the categories would be somewhat kinda sorta similar for here. i was like trauma but something went wrong. at first i got on with everyone and was really popular, then i think because i tried to relate to everyone i ended disassociating myself with everyone, because i didnt fit in with just one click. so from about 16-18 i just said fuck it and went all introverted, didnt really have any fun and just listened to music all the time.

plus my character has elements of all the categories. i was smart, played sports, talked shit to teachers, joked around. so yea i really dont know where i fit in. as usual, i think nowhere...