Author Topic: [magazine] Revenge Of Tha Row : Crooked I, Big Hutch, Eastwood... (2002)  (Read 496 times)

donfathaimmortal

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:49:19 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

EFFeX

Re: [magazine] Revenge Of Tha Row : Crooked I, Big Hutch, Eastwood... (2002)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:19:40 AM »
Thanks for posting! 8)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »
Thanks for postin' this. Do you happen to have the scans of this XXL issue?

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:44 PM »
For those who are curious to see the coverage of West Coast artists in the hip hop press (it includes this very XXL mag cover among many others)
& want to see the actual covers, we have gathered over 200 of them, mainly from the US but not exclusively!
If you do have mags you haven't seen there, please DO send the jpeg of the cover for addition in the album! Thank you!
We also have concert flyers & posters (well over 800 of them) in the same FB photo section, as well as an ads album & an album posters album...

Rags & Mags Memorabilia Covers (1 of 2)
A collection of "Rags & Mags Cover Memorabilia" starring & covering West Coast atists. (Submissions welcome.)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.313445998705867.87057.100001214070683&type=3

Rags & Mags Memorabilia Covers (2 of 2)
A collection of "Rags & Mags Cover Memorabilia" starring & covering West Coast atists. (Submissions welcome.)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.497270030323462.124671.100001214070683&type=3

Hack Wilson - real

8)

GangstaBoogy

The "2nd dynasty" Row era is probably my favorite what-if in hiphop. So much potential but black balling killed them from the beginning. Really shows that when Suge focuses on the business he can make moves. Nigga brought in Kurupt, Left Eye, and nearly Ray-J and Juvenile to go along with Crooked I, Eastwood, and Spider. He even enticed us using a lil nostalga by bringing back Danny Boy and Michel'le.

Snoop had the best production on the West Coast locked up tho. Fred Wreck, Battlecat, Meech, Jelly Roll were all DoggHouse producers. And Dre, Quik, Daz, and Warren certainly weren't fuckin with Suge.

Better production + better distribution = all Tha Row needed.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

The "2nd dynasty" Row era is probably my favorite what-if in hiphop. So much potential but black balling killed them from the beginning. Really shows that when Suge focuses on the business he can make moves. Nigga brought in Kurupt, Left Eye, and nearly Ray-J and Juvenile to go along with Crooked I, Eastwood, and Spider. He even enticed us using a lil nostalga by bringing back Danny Boy and Michel'le.

Snoop had the best production on the West Coast locked up tho. Fred Wreck, Battlecat, Meech, Jelly Roll were all DoggHouse producers. And Dre, Quik, Daz, and Warren certainly weren't fuckin with Suge.

Darren Vegas and Big Hutch were dope too though

GangstaBoogy

Darren Vegas and Big Hutch were dope too though

Darren "the beat banger" Vegas sucks! He had 1 good beat for every 10 wack ones. I swear people get him confused with Johnny J.
Big Hutch was dope but passed his prime and wasn't around that long. I'd prefer him to Vegas for sure. They had another producer, can't think of the name but I remember he gave C-Bo some bangers on Tha Mobfather but gave Tha Row all his wackest shit lol.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

he def made some wack beats but also had lots of heat