Author Topic: Hm.... American Knowledge.... Hm.....  (Read 1259 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Hm.... American Knowledge.... Hm.....
« on: March 02, 2003, 06:17:12 AM »
i was checking this american movie... and was alittle amazed when i heard this special short dialog... im quoting it right here...
A: let me ask you girls one question: if giraffes once had short necks like horses, why do they have long necks now?

B: because thousands of years ago, giraffes grew long necks in order to reach the foliage in high trees, foliage being their only food source, they adapted to the enviroment...

cwalker, engelrock, trauma?... is that statement correct?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:Hm.... American Knowledge.... Hm.....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 08:06:02 AM »
Someone lock this now before we get more crap in this forum

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 08:13:11 AM »
^^who the fuck are you?? this thread aint gonna be locked....

i want to discuss that quote i posted

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 08:21:57 AM »
i-bo... you are trippin..... thats Jay Ay Bee btw...

yeah its probably kinda true that something evolved longer necks to reach food...

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 11:14:42 AM »
Why Do Giraffes Have Long necks?
A long time ago it was a hot day just like any day on the African Plains. Giraffe was walking proudly on dried up grass.

"Oh, Oh, Oh what beautiful spots I have!" he yelled to the whole jungle. His spots were great, but he had a small, ugly neck. It looked like he didn't’t have a neck at all.

Cheetah was passing by so he heard Giraffe yelling. He came running to Giraffe and replied,  "Yeah, right, and I am Bill Clinton!"  Giraffe got carried away even though he knew Cheetah had better spots.

"Okay then tomorrow we will ask two animals, and they will tell us who has better spots."

"Fine," answered Cheetah knowing that he would win. After Cheetah left, Giraffe realized what a bad bet he had made so he bribed the two judges, Fox and Hyena.

The next day Giraffe led Cheetah to Hyena’s house. Giraffe knocked on the door.

"Who is there?" Hyena yelled from inside his house.

"Giraffe and Cheetah with a bet for you to settle. Can you please tell us which one of us has better spots?" Cheetah asked politely.

"Well, that’s an easy question," he said looking at Giraffe. "He does." Hyena pointed at Giraffe.

Cheetah knew something was wrong by the look on Hyena's face. Then they went to Fox’s house. He was drinking ice tea, and he said the same words Hyena had said.

After Giraffe left. Cheetah asked the Fox "What is wrong?"

The Fox said, "Nothing." Cheetah didn't fight about it because their parents were close friends, but he knew that Hyena would spill the beans. Hyena didn't say anything at first, but when Cheetah gave him a big piece of fresh meat, he told everything about how Giraffe had bribed him.

Cheetah got so mad that he ran to Giraffe's house very fast and gave him a hard punch in the jaw. Such a hard punch landed on Giraffe's jaw that after Cheetah left, Giraffe's neck was four feet long. From that day on Giraffes have long necks and that is how Giraffe long ago learned his lesson.

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 11:17:18 AM »
HAW HAW HAW!!!

JUST KIDDING! IT IS BECAUSE OF THEIR SMELLY FEET!
YUCK!

:D :D :D

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 11:25:22 AM »
LMAO

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 11:47:37 AM »
so yall think that the statement in the quote is correct

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 11:49:25 AM »
so yall think that the statement in the quote is correct
To tell you the truth, I really don't know... Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. Could be so they could see predators or something...

This just looks like a pathetic attempt to show everybody how big your nuts are...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 11:49:50 AM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 01:05:19 PM »
They didn't "grow" longer necks...The giraffes who, due to genetic variations, were born with longer necks were able to survive because they could eat the foliage located higher. Thus, they were able to survive and breed, while their shorter necked peers died out. This is generally how evolution is thought to work.

Not all Americans are idiots. I went to a top American university, and I found it interesting that the best and brightest from the rest of the world came to study with us. There may be comparable undergraduate programs in other developed countries, but at the graduate level not many universities outside of the US are on our level. With apologies to Jay-Z, we give Cambridge and Oxford their props, but that's where it stops =)

With that said, I do agree that the American education system doesn't do as good of a job of educating the general population as some other countries do. I got to know some of those aforementioned foreign students very well, and it seems that public schooling in other countries is much more comprehensive and stringent. But, it does irk me when people assume all Americans are morons...Generalizations are offensive and often incorrect. After all, isn't this why racism is bad?  
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 01:41:59 PM by AfterMathematics »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 03:08:56 PM »
They didn't "grow" longer necks...The giraffes who, due to genetic variations, were born with longer necks were able to survive because they could eat the foliage located higher. Thus, they were able to survive and breed, while their shorter necked peers died out. This is generally how evolution is thought to work.

Not all Americans are idiots. I went to a top American university, and I found it interesting that the best and brightest from the rest of the world came to study with us. There may be comparable undergraduate programs in other developed countries, but at the graduate level not many universities outside of the US are on our level. With apologies to Jay-Z, we give Cambridge and Oxford their props, but that's where it stops =)

With that said, I do agree that the American education system doesn't do as good of a job of educating the general population as some other countries do. I got to know some of those aforementioned foreign students very well, and it seems that public schooling in other countries is much more comprehensive and stringent. But, it does irk me when people assume all Americans are morons...Generalizations are offensive and often incorrect. After all, isn't this why racism is bad?  

BINGO

AfterMathematics ... i dont know how you are but you have definatly earned my respect... you've just proven that all americans arent st***d (its a joke).... im giving you props... *hits AfterMathematics props button*

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 03:28:26 PM »
BINGO

Do you really think Americans can't grasp the concept of evolution?

Darwin's travels and studies are taught in every High-School biology course.

I'd like to see his theory work and you not contribute to the gene pool. The human race will be a better off with less bitter, hypocritical, nitpickers like yourself.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 03:35:12 PM »
BINGO

Do you really think Americans can't grasp the concept of evolution?

Darwin's travels and studies are taught in every High-School biology course.

I'd like to see his theory work and you not contribute to the gene pool. The human race will be a better off with less bitter, hypocritical, nitpickers like yourself.

and still you couldnt see the misstake in the quote  ::) :-\

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2003, 04:50:19 PM »
Why Do Giraffes Have Long necks?
A long time ago it was a hot day just like any day on the African Plains. Giraffe was walking proudly on dried up grass.

"Oh, Oh, Oh what beautiful spots I have!" he yelled to the whole jungle. His spots were great, but he had a small, ugly neck. It looked like he didn't’t have a neck at all.

Cheetah was passing by so he heard Giraffe yelling. He came running to Giraffe and replied,  "Yeah, right, and I am Bill Clinton!"  Giraffe got carried away even though he knew Cheetah had better spots.

"Okay then tomorrow we will ask two animals, and they will tell us who has better spots."

"Fine," answered Cheetah knowing that he would win. After Cheetah left, Giraffe realized what a bad bet he had made so he bribed the two judges, Fox and Hyena.

The next day Giraffe led Cheetah to Hyena’s house. Giraffe knocked on the door.

"Who is there?" Hyena yelled from inside his house.

"Giraffe and Cheetah with a bet for you to settle. Can you please tell us which one of us has better spots?" Cheetah asked politely.

"Well, that’s an easy question," he said looking at Giraffe. "He does." Hyena pointed at Giraffe.

Cheetah knew something was wrong by the look on Hyena's face. Then they went to Fox’s house. He was drinking ice tea, and he said the same words Hyena had said.

After Giraffe left. Cheetah asked the Fox "What is wrong?"

The Fox said, "Nothing." Cheetah didn't fight about it because their parents were close friends, but he knew that Hyena would spill the beans. Hyena didn't say anything at first, but when Cheetah gave him a big piece of fresh meat, he told everything about how Giraffe had bribed him.

Cheetah got so mad that he ran to Giraffe's house very fast and gave him a hard punch in the jaw. Such a hard punch landed on Giraffe's jaw that after Cheetah left, Giraffe's neck was four feet long. From that day on Giraffes have long necks and that is how Giraffe long ago learned his lesson.

LMFAO

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Doggystylin

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2003, 04:57:21 PM »
LMAO @ engels joke, ahahahahhaha