Poll

What region is responsible for the most detrimental music?

St. Louis (NELLY, Chingy, Huey, etc.)
Atlanta (D4L, Shawty Lo, snap music, etc.)
The Bay (Hyphy, Lil B, etc.)
NY (dudes being bitter/biting other coasts)
Whichever one has the most Euros

Author Topic: Which US region ruined hip-hop the most?  (Read 3369 times)

midwestryder

Re: Which US region ruined hip-hop the most?
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »
midwestwannabryder just created 4 new accounts to vote Atlanta  :P
one i am not a wanna be like you ,fucking harter.  two, i would never ever do anything like making more accounts for a stupid poll . i only have one account, hating jackass.. 

midwestryder

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2013, 04:32:30 PM »
Country Grammar is better than anything that came out of the snap genre

I can agree with that... I never liked D4L, DFB, or any of that bullshit but Lil Jon's "Snap Ya Fingers" was a banger and that is fact (see what I did there)
we can all agree on that . execpt for the Lil Jon's "Snap Ya Fingers" that shit was still wack as hell.

no it was not wack as hell that beat as tough and Lil Jon is Southern legend and E-40 is pioneer in the hip-hop game and that is fact so watch your mouth you dumb Cherokee
i am not dumb like your ignorant closeminded ass . Lil jon is Southern legend ,so fucking what . he was good up till he started dropping his own albums . yes ,E-40 is pioneer in the hip-hop game & one of my favortie bay mc's . so there was no hate towards E-40 . the song was wack because it was wack ass snap beat . snap music of any kind is wack & does not matter who is on the track . get over yourself.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:56:51 PM by midwestryder »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
St Louis "ruined" Hip Hop? St Louis was such a small window of time. Nelly is not much different than an L.L. Cool J that his music is obviously geared towards the Mainstream (namely women) but he still can go "hard" on a track when needed. With that said, he never made the timely classics that L.L. made and Nelly's music did not change or revolutionize Hip Hop. He did come up Independently and wasn't made by a machine, ala Chingy. But Chingy is every Bay rapper or ever L.A. rapper that came on the scene after Short, E-40, Snoop etc. blew up. People were getting signed back in the day just on their region. The West Coast fans whined about the "hate" from the East and here we are some 15-20 years later, "paying it forward."

Atlanta. The fact that people are using D4L and DFB as their choices shows their lack of real knowledge. Snap music was, again, a very small window of time. That did not ruin Hip Hop. Why no mention of such great fad Hip Hop Dance tracks like "The Jerk" or "The Cat Daddy" or "The Dougie" or virtually any Bay Area song that has to do with the Thizz Dance/Going Hyphy? Did California ruin Hip Hop with these songs? Nope.

New Orleans. People will dislike anything popular. But, Lil Wayne has been making music since he was a young teenage. He's been in the game since the 90s. It's not like he was built by a machine either. His first few albums did nothing. As he grew older and Cash Money started using other producers, his style changed. When he was making his Squad Up Mixtapes nobody was yelling about how bad New Orleans is/was. Now that he's popular people want to talk all that. He's no different today than a Snoop Doog. If we're going to talk lyrics and the biggest from this are is STILL Snoop, let's not talk lyrics. As for the rest of the New Orleans scene. If anyone can sit here and say I'm Bout It, Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D, The Shocker, True, Down South Hustlers, Tru-2-Da Game etc. etc. were not great albums and had a bunch of bangers.

No one region ruined Hip Hop. Things that ruined Hip Hop were the lack of the proper outlets. The Magazines aren't what they used to be. The Radio/TV personalities either ride the D (Sway MTV, Big Boy Power 106) or try too hard to be "real" (Kay Slay & The Breakfast Club). It's so easy to get on now, so people don't have to struggle. The days of guys like Master P selling from their Trunk. Nelly or Dirty (the duo from Alabama) getting so popular in their city and selling out completely in stores WITHOUT Radio play. People vibing in a record studio and making a bunch of solid music. I can go on, but not having the things I mentioned is what's hurting Hip Hop. 80s and 90s Hip Hop had a lot of struggle behind it. The younger artists did not have to struggle like that and it shows in their music. But this is the progression of music. Each genre has it's pioneers and it's descendants. The descendants always have it easier because they're just walking in the footsteps of the pioneers.
+1
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
Nelly has classics for days. But they're classic POP songs.

It wasn't a region it was record label execs that ruined hip-hop.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
lil wayne is no different than snoop dogg? spoken like a true euro. by the way does anyone have the nelly country grammar remix with e-40? i actually like that one haha

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Blood$

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2013, 05:17:24 PM »
lil wayne is no different than snoop dogg? spoken like a true euro. by the way does anyone have the nelly country grammar remix with e-40? i actually like that one haha

there was a remix? I need that lol

Blood$

« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2013, 05:18:37 PM »
St Louis "ruined" Hip Hop? St Louis was such a small window of time. Nelly is not much different than an L.L. Cool J that his music is obviously geared towards the Mainstream (namely women) but he still can go "hard" on a track when needed. With that said, he never made the timely classics that L.L. made and Nelly's music did not change or revolutionize Hip Hop. He did come up Independently and wasn't made by a machine, ala Chingy. But Chingy is every Bay rapper or ever L.A. rapper that came on the scene after Short, E-40, Snoop etc. blew up. People were getting signed back in the day just on their region. The West Coast fans whined about the "hate" from the East and here we are some 15-20 years later, "paying it forward."

Atlanta. The fact that people are using D4L and DFB as their choices shows their lack of real knowledge. Snap music was, again, a very small window of time. That did not ruin Hip Hop. Why no mention of such great fad Hip Hop Dance tracks like "The Jerk" or "The Cat Daddy" or "The Dougie" or virtually any Bay Area song that has to do with the Thizz Dance/Going Hyphy? Did California ruin Hip Hop with these songs? Nope.

New Orleans. People will dislike anything popular. But, Lil Wayne has been making music since he was a young teenage. He's been in the game since the 90s. It's not like he was built by a machine either. His first few albums did nothing. As he grew older and Cash Money started using other producers, his style changed. When he was making his Squad Up Mixtapes nobody was yelling about how bad New Orleans is/was. Now that he's popular people want to talk all that. He's no different today than a Snoop Doog. If we're going to talk lyrics and the biggest from this are is STILL Snoop, let's not talk lyrics. As for the rest of the New Orleans scene. If anyone can sit here and say I'm Bout It, Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D, The Shocker, True, Down South Hustlers, Tru-2-Da Game etc. etc. were not great albums and had a bunch of bangers.

No one region ruined Hip Hop. Things that ruined Hip Hop were the lack of the proper outlets. The Magazines aren't what they used to be. The Radio/TV personalities either ride the D (Sway MTV, Big Boy Power 106) or try too hard to be "real" (Kay Slay & The Breakfast Club). It's so easy to get on now, so people don't have to struggle. The days of guys like Master P selling from their Trunk. Nelly or Dirty (the duo from Alabama) getting so popular in their city and selling out completely in stores WITHOUT Radio play. People vibing in a record studio and making a bunch of solid music. I can go on, but not having the things I mentioned is what's hurting Hip Hop. 80s and 90s Hip Hop had a lot of struggle behind it. The younger artists did not have to struggle like that and it shows in their music. But this is the progression of music. Each genre has it's pioneers and it's descendants. The descendants always have it easier because they're just walking in the footsteps of the pioneers.

I guess a more appropriate title would have been "Which region has the worst rappers" in which case St. Louis still takes the cake and the icing with dudes like Nelly, Murphy Lee, Chingy, Huey, etc.

every other region has way more good rappers than shitty ones like Stl

midwestryder

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »

I guess a more appropriate title would have been "Which region has the worst rappers" in which case St. Louis still takes the cake and the icing with dudes like Nelly, Murphy Lee, Chingy, Huey, etc.

every other region has way more good rappers than shitty ones like Stl
Spoken like true ignorant closeminded hater of STL . you have no clue about rappers & mc's of STL . go check out tef poe,Gena, city spud ,domino, & slyk smoov. you just named only main stream rappers from st louis . murphy lee is real good & just shows you have no idea what your talking about at all. STL does not have worst rappers at all .  dallas is way worst then any other place . so stop being STL hater because that is all you do .

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »
Atlanta has produced the shittiest rappers by far. I don't even know how that's arguable.

Blood$

« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
Atlanta has produced the shittiest rappers by far. I don't even know how that's arguable.

OutKast, Goodie Mob, Killer Mike, Ludacris, Stat Quo, Young Jeezy, T.I., Pill, Cyhi The Prynce, etc...

who from St. Louis can match any of those names? the only shitty rappers that ATL is responsible for is Dem Franchise Boyz, D4L, OJ Da Juiceman, etc.

you could make an argument for Gucci and Waka but they both have some bangers here and there

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

OutKast, Goodie Mob, Killer Mike, Ludacris, Stat Quo, Young Jeezy, T.I., Pill, Cyhi The Prynce, etc...

who from St. Louis can match any of those names? the only shitty rappers that ATL is responsible for is Dem Franchise Boyz, D4L, OJ Da Juiceman, etc.

you could make an argument for Gucci and Waka but they both have some bangers here and there

Oh no doubt Atlanta has better rappers as well. But the names you mentioned are far shittier than Nelly.