Poll

What region is responsible for the most detrimental music?

St. Louis (NELLY, Chingy, Huey, etc.)
Atlanta (D4L, Shawty Lo, snap music, etc.)
The Bay (Hyphy, Lil B, etc.)
NY (dudes being bitter/biting other coasts)
Whichever one has the most Euros

Author Topic: Which US region ruined hip-hop the most?  (Read 3400 times)

Spoonie Luv

Re: Which US region ruined hip-hop the most?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
Ahh the good ole days 8)
All of that is classic hip hop, it ain't nothing like the old school  8)

How does Chaka khan influence hip hop into r&b. from the video it looks like hip hop influenced her.
Those one hit wonders you posted I like lol. I grew up on those.
LL cool j is the best to that ever did it and get away with it. (Rapping to females)
The old school jewelry I got nothing wrong with, birdmans dumb ass that's all he would rap about, cars , money, and jewels with high budget videos and that what brought into pop culture. The word bling bling.

I get your point every, era in hip hop had its moments but you can't tell me the south really dumbed it down to what it is now. That video of 2live crew, they are from Miami, the south right? They started that Miami bass shit and the only record I like from them is hood rat hood rat hoochi mama lol.
Even right now hip hop if you wanna call it that is making a turn. I don't even listen to the radio but when i turn on power 106 all they play is party records and club records. There's no more street singles being played. I can't even name the last street single I heard get played since ruff ryders anthem. I know there's more but I can't think of any. Nelly ain't event relevant today.

I blame the south and that's what I'm sticking with.  They have made the dumbest records get radio play more than any other region in the US. garbage ass one hiter quiter rappers come from the south.

Gucci mane. That's all I have to say
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:05:09 AM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 11:20:51 AM »
Ahh the good ole days 8)
All of that is classic hip hop, it ain't nothing like the old school  8)

How does Chaka khan influence hip hop into r&b. from the video it looks like hip hop influenced her.
Those one hit wonders you posted I like lol. I grew up on those.
LL cool j is the best to that ever did it and get away with it. (Rapping to females)
The old school jewelry I got nothing wrong with, birdmans dumb ass that's all he would rap about, cars , money, and jewels with high budget videos and that what brought into pop culture. The word bling bling.

I get your point every, era in hip hop had its moments but you can't tell me the south really dumbed it down to what it is now.
Even right now hip hop if you wanna call it that is making a turn. I don't even listen to the radio but on power 106 all they play is party records and club records. There's no more street singles being played. I can't even name the last street single I heard get played since ruff ryders anthem. I know there's more but I can't think of any. Nelly ain't event relevant today. I blame the south and that's what I'm sticking with

LOL... I remember when Power 106 use to play house music next to westcoast Gangsta Rap. I mean it all changes with the times. I don't blame the south for anything, they had that Miami Booty Bass back in the 80's, 90's, and then it evolved to Crunk and all the stuff you hear today. Hip-Hop is party music, that's what it was there for. Hip-Hop started in 1973, it wasn't until 1982 that Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 recorded the Message. So for 9 years Hip-Hop was nothing but party music and yo' mama jokes. Hip-Hop was made to have fun, turn the party out, dance over break beats and make raps that were funny and cleaver, all while boosting and bragging about being the best at what you do.

I remember when I was in college, I use to "date" this international student who knew NOTHING of Hip-Hop. I introduced her to some artist and when I got to 2Pac she was amazed. By this time she loved all Dr. Dre productions as well. So when I had her listen to California Love she was so disappointed. I was like why and she said "with all that talent that's the best they could do?" I thought about it and I realized that that's exactly what they should have done. California Love is the ultimate party track. The 49ers used it in the Super Bowl this year, it's timeless and it's something to dance to. You want the party to go crazy from California to the Mid-West, all they need to hear is... California Looove! To me California Love is the perfect example of a pure Hip-Hop song. You have the greatest producer, you have the greatest rapper and when they came together you have a classic and timeless party anthem for a whole state. That's Hip-Hop.

I guess my point is people make Hip-Hop more than it is. Yeah Hip-Hop needs artist like Rakim, 2Pac, Nas, Chuck D, KRS-One and all the other underground and conscience rappers to be the very best and shiny examples of Hip-Hop. If Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 didn't record the Message, Hip-Hop would have died out like Disco. But at it's heart and soul, it's party music. I love Hip-Hop, and you'd never catch Lil' Jon or Nicki Minaj on my phone. But at the same time, I acknowledge that they have their place and that they do their job for this current younger generation. The same way my older cousins made fun of me for Domino and Coolio and yet they were listening to Run DMC and Beastie Boys, I see people today making fun of Drake and Lil' Wayne well they still listen to to all that old school stuff that's party music. I ain't gonna hate on the New School. I don't understand it, I don't listen to it, but I don't hate because to me it's just Hip-Hop for a new generation.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
st louis no doubt. not to mention that whole city is a boring hot shithole

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »

Eazy E, no skill
Bizarre
Suga Free
Gucci Crew II (from the 80's and just as bad as the name says)
Lil' Rob
Yukmouth
Master P
Silkk the Shocker (to me, still the worst mainstream rapper ever, couldn't even stay on beat)
South Central Cartel

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »

Eazy E, no skill
Bizarre
Suga Free
Lil' Rob
Yukmouth
Master P
Silkk the Shocker (to me, still the worst mainstream rapper ever, couldn't even stay on beat)
South Central Cartel

Lol I swear silk had to have done all his raps acapella or something. He didn't give half a fuck about riding a beat.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »

Eazy E, no skill
Bizarre
Suga Free
Lil' Rob
Yukmouth
Master P
South Central Cartel

Lol I swear silk had to have done all his raps acapella or something. He didn't give half a fuck about riding a beat.

At first in high school, I was annoyed, but when I got to college and started smoking a little I could laugh for hours (or it seemed like hours, I forget) listening to Silkk CD's. LOL Even now when I think a rapper is bad, I put on a Silkk CD and think, oh it's still not as bad as this. LOL

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »

LOL... I remember when Power 106 use to play house music next to westcoast Gangsta Rap. I mean it all changes with the times. I don't blame the south for anything, they had that Miami Booty Bass back in the 80's, 90's, and then it evolved to Crunk and all the stuff you hear today. Hip-Hop is party music, that's what it was there for. Hip-Hop started in 1973, it wasn't until 1982 that Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 recorded the Message. So for 9 years Hip-Hop was nothing but party music and yo' mama jokes. Hip-Hop was made to have fun, turn the party out, dance over break beats and make raps that were funny and cleaver, all while boosting and bragging about being the best at what you do.

I remember when I was in college, I use to "date" this international student who knew NOTHING of Hip-Hop. I introduced her to some artist and when I got to 2Pac she was amazed. By this time she loved all Dr. Dre productions as well. So when I had her listen to California Love she was so disappointed. I was like why and she said "with all that talent that's the best they could do?" I thought about it and I realized that that's exactly what they should have done. California Love is the ultimate party track. The 49ers used it in the Super Bowl this year, it's timeless and it's something to dance to. You want the party to go crazy from California to the Mid-West, all they need to hear is... California Looove! To me California Love is the perfect example of a pure Hip-Hop song. You have the greatest producer, you have the greatest rapper and when they came together you have a classic and timeless party anthem for a whole state. That's Hip-Hop.

I guess my point is people make Hip-Hop more than it is. Yeah Hip-Hop needs artist like Rakim, 2Pac, Nas, Chuck D, KRS-One and all the other underground and conscience rappers to be the very best and shiny examples of Hip-Hop. If Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 didn't record the Message, Hip-Hop would have died out like Disco. But at it's heart and soul, it's party music. I love Hip-Hop, and you'd never catch Lil' Jon or Nicki Minaj on my phone. But at the same time, I acknowledge that they have their place and that they do their job for this current younger generation. The same way my older cousins made fun of me for Domino and Coolio and yet they were listening to Run DMC and Beastie Boys, I see people today making fun of Drake and Lil' Wayne well they still listen to to all that old school stuff that's party music. I ain't gonna hate on the New School. I don't understand it, I don't listen to it, but I don't hate because to me it's just Hip-Hop for a new generation.

Totally agree with you that hip hop started as party music and yea  the message changed the game In terms of rapping about real life issues.
Just like the story of your older cuzzins talking shit about what u listened to, I was trying to school my 15 year old cuz in to the hip hop I grew up listening to and i was saying," man I grew up in the best era of hip hop and you will never understand what "real" hip hop is" and he just told me
"It ain't my generation". That was the best reply he could of ever come up with. I respected that and I said "you know what? your right!.
My lecture was over lol.

I also remember listening to Dj Ernie and Richard Humpty Vision when they played deep house on power. I liked that shit, battling in Jr high and the girls dressing all hoochie like. I miss the 90's man good times
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:31:17 PM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

midwestryder

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
Clearly Nelly. I would fist fight Nelly and kick his ass.
no, you would not . nelly would box the living shit out of you . nelly is in 10 x better shape then you & takes boxing.

midwestryder

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
St. Louis hands down
you can't say ST louis because it was already ruined before st louis . Hip hop was ruined by puffy ,Mase, & lil wayne & cash money . halrem & new orleans are to blame not st louis

midwestryder

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 08:09:51 PM »
Lol at Europe is Active...

Yeah I'm gonna go with STL. Mostly cuz of Nelly, but also cuz of that other guy in the st. Lunatics that always wore a Jason mask sideways on his head. I wanted to slap that shit off his face about 13 years ago and I still do.
you can't go with STL because hip hop was already ruined by puffy & mase from harlem & lil wayne & cash money from new orleans. . the st. Lunatic that always wore a Jason mask sideways on his head got kicked out of st. Lunatics . he is beefing wiht nelly & . Lunatics, but you can't blame nelly for something that happen before him.

midwestryder

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
please ,very much doubt when it comes to st louis . puffy & mase from harlem & lil wayne & cash money from new orleans are to blame not st louis at all ,hater. puffy & mase & lil wayne & cash money were all before nelly & st louis . they had already ruined hip hop by time st louis showed up .  st louis is not boring hot shithole like you from . st louis is millions time better then where you are from . st louis is greatest sport city in U.S. & is alot more nicer & friendly then new york,new jersey, houston,dallas,oakland & L.A.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:15:38 PM by midwestryder »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 08:27:52 PM »
please very much doubt when it comes to st louis . puffy & mase from harlem & lil wayne & cash money from new orleans are to blame not st louis at all ,hater. puffy & mase & lil wayne & cash money were all before nelly & st louis . they had already ruined hip hop by time st louis showed up .  st louis is not boring hot shithole like you from . st louis is millions time better then where you are from . st louis is greatest sport city in U.S. & is alot more nicer & friendly then new york,new jersey, houston,dallas,oakland & L.A.

they love their baseball but they don't even HAVE an NBA team so it can't be the best sports city

best sports city is NYC because they have 2 teams in every league

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
Lol at Europe is Active...

Yeah I'm gonna go with STL. Mostly cuz of Nelly, but also cuz of that other guy in the st. Lunatics that always wore a Jason mask sideways on his head. I wanted to slap that shit off his face about 13 years ago and I still do.
you can't go with STL because hip hop was already ruined by puffy & mase from harlem & lil wayne & cash money from new orleans. . the st. Lunatic that always wore a Jason mask sideways on his head got kicked out of st. Lunatics . he is beefing wiht nelly & . Lunatics, but you can't blame nelly for something that happen before him.

I give Nelly respect for ousting dude from the crew.  I was embarrassed for their clique (which in hindsight I felt sorry for STL as a whole) when I saw that shit.  At the same time, Nelly was sportin a bandaid under his eye all the time and called people his durrty.  If I saw him I'd slap him in his face and make him call me sir.  Ashanti looked like a horse.  Not in the ass, but the face.  Fo Reel Fo Reel (No Fo Reel Entertainment)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 11:05:48 PM »
maybe he just has really bad eyesight

Blood$

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »
LOL midwestryder constantly changing his mind on who ruined hip-hop because he now realizes his hometown (or his fantasy hometown) is the place that has been the most detrimental to the rap game

and LMAO at "Nelly takes boxing lessons" so are you his little cheer leader every time he practices? I'd smack that band-aid right off his face and tell him "Fuck STL" and I bet him or the St. Losers don't do a goddamn thing... even Chingy would scrap it out before they would