Author Topic: What will you sacrifice to live another 400 years?  (Read 481 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What will you sacrifice to live another 400 years?
« on: February 24, 2013, 03:36:01 PM »

Alright guys, so I watched the matrix as did most of you I am sure and the premise was based around machines feeding off humans who were hooked into pods, completely oblivious of their own enslavement, as the food for these machiens and whose very existence occurred within the pods. However, I have been reading the thoughts of the trans humanists, the futurists and once again, let me underline one thing to you, when you watch a so called sci fi movie you are being programmed, it is what is known as predictive programming as then the notion of what will occur in the future is already set into your consciousness. So basically what these individuals are promising, around the corner is the ability to extend your life by hundreds of years which sounds wonderful of course but in order to do so, you will be kept in essentially a chemically induced other worldly state, captured within a pod, oblivious to it through the induced state you are in and via some kind of feeding tube you will continue to live.

My question is who the fuck would willingly do that? However maybe I need to temper that, people spend so many hours allowed their mind to be numbed by teleivision and video games and other kinds of programming, why not?

I think we need to send a message to these evil fucks, boycott their propaganda, pre programming laden films, as we are paying them for the privilege of assaulting our minds with their evil intentions otherwise.

Fraxxx

Re: What will you sacrifice to live another 400 years?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
I really think that sometimes you go a little overboard with that shit or read too much into it. If you'd have said that Matrix is a metaphore for what people are or will be in the future I'd be with you on that. Other than that, e.g. living captured in a pod, like you said, who the fuck would willingly do that? Predictive programming or not.

Side note: Do you consider modding ToT? Otherwise it'd be pointless voting for you. ;)
i donīt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
That's the crazy thing, I sound crazy even mentionig this and yet....

Chris Parry, the new chief executive of the Independent Schools Council, said "Matrix-style" technology would render traditional lessons obsolete.

He told the Times Educational Supplement: "It's a very short route from wireless technology to actually getting the electrical connections in your brain to absorb that knowledge."

Mr Parry, a former Rear Admiral, spent three years determining the future strategic context for the military in a senior role at the Ministry of Defence.

He is now preparing the ISC's 1,300 private schools, which collectively teach half a million children, for a high-tech future.

He told the TES that the Keanu Reeves thriller may not look like science fiction in 30 years' time.

Also, yeah, I'll mod TOT, it's not like there is  a lot of posting going on at the moment, so not difficult to keep track of it :)

Fraxxx

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 01:29:34 AM »
30 years? I had hopes that I'd be dead by the time shit like that happens on a bigger scale... But hey, if parents pay those high fees they can expect the best education possible. :laugh:
Time and time again it's funny how you can sell people bullshit like that and eventually they'll think it's a great idea. Like spending large proportions of your income for your kids' education in the first place, although that is more fear-driven, at least in Germany. Partly, people deserve everything they get. :-\

The Overfiend

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 03:57:28 AM »
Willingly, no. Technology is ruining our health.

I'd rather live somewhat as a primitive in pristine wilderness with a few high end technological luxuries. Keeping bees, goats and making wine, and all that staff if I could also fuck bitches and wild out at a strip club every now and then. The good life.

I don't think we as a species are educating our children about technology properly, mostly because we were raised without a clue as well.
Technology is only a tool, a means to an end to make our lives better. That doesn't mean lazier, or stupider, just not so brutish and nasty.

I was raised with limited access to television, and made to go and play outside. Nowadays kids have completely everything.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:18:47 AM »
Come on Fraxx, you are smarter than that, "30 year's away" s the ploy they use to disarm you

Fraxxx

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:16 AM »
Come on Fraxx, you are smarter than that, "30 year's away" s the ploy they use to disarm you

Err, not sure what you're trying to say. You mean that that will happen faster?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
The response to your question has two aspects to it, firstly what he is promising is a fully integrated brain chip which is the stuff of absolute nightmares. However read between the lines and you would realise that there would have to be a period of time of several in which chipping becomes more conventional, more mainstream. So the implementation of this nightmare will occur before the period of time in which a downloadable interface comes to the fore. However in addition, yes, when someone declares something is 30 years away, it seems like light years and gets dismissed. However I have seen this tactic readily deployed and most of the time the technology arrives long before "the 30 years" it is, a way of disarming you. I too agreed about the matrix being used as a metaphor, but in the coming years, we will see what depths of depravity they will engineer and what depths of depravity the mass brain dead will allow themselves to sink to.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 04:03:12 PM »
i would sacrifice radiotube

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »
I think 14 years would of been enough for me to call it a day.   I think if I had gone out around the time Pac died then I would've clocked in 14 good years and zero bad years.   But since then I've clocked in about 4 bad years (15-18), 3 good years (18-21), 3 bad years (22-25), and 4 good years (26-30).   So with that in mind I'm working at about a 50/50 clip, so living 400 years may mean 200 bad years.... So naw, I wouldn't sacrifice for that shit.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)