Author Topic: The Official MLB Thread  (Read 7502 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »
I'm starting to wonder who everyone (who likes MLB) is a fan of on this board.
I know Remedy is a Mariners fan
Hack, Cham, DJ SUGAFREE QUIK and Ghost are Yankees fans (or at least I think they are)

You'd think that a forum focused on cali-based hip hop would have at least one Oakland A's fan and maybe one Padres fan.
A lot of the A's fans in oakland might have been shot dead, cause they live in oakland.

Might as well call the Astros the Lastros.

And I actually retired watching mlb in 93.  Went off in a great note watching the Blue Jays win their 2nd WS in a row  ;D  And i'm the biggest yankee hater who isn't a red sox fan.  Last time i've pulled for them is against the twins from 83-92.  Bad enuff that they're the only non-football team i'd cheer white power hate groups over=game or street fight but i'd rather join a white power hate group than to sellout to them. 
And I don't mean them idiot black & mexican gangbangers who do the aryan nations dirty work for them. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2013, 09:09:09 AM »
I'm starting to wonder who everyone (who likes MLB) is a fan of on this board.
I know Remedy is a Mariners fan
Hack, Cham, DJ SUGAFREE QUIK and Ghost are Yankees fans (or at least I think they are)
Nikcc's a Dodgers fan
Plant's a Blue Jays fan (so was Knuckles)
Bananas' a Giants fan (I think)
M Dogg, um, Angels(?)
Infinite, erm, Royals? (Or did he give up on them already?)

You'd think that a forum focused on cali-based hip hop would have at least one Oakland A's fan and maybe one Padres fan.
I know that there were a few more Dodgers and even a Red Sox fan in the past, although I'm guessing they stopped coming here around the time Game had dropped My Life.

Yep Angels. And boy let me tell you, I don't think the Angels will ever be a free agency big spending team and do it well. The Angels need to go back to what got them to so many playoffs in the 2000's, minor league development.

MistaNova

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »
A lot of the A's fans in oakland might have been shot dead, cause they live in oakland.

And I actually retired watching mlb in 93.  Went off in a great note watching the Blue Jays win their 2nd WS in a row  ;D  And i'm the biggest yankee hater who isn't a red sox fan.  Last time i've pulled for them is against the twins from 83-92.  Bad enuff that they're the only non-football team i'd cheer white power hate groups over=game or street fight but i'd rather join a white power hate group than to sellout to them. 
And I don't mean them idiot black & mexican gangbangers who do the aryan nations dirty work for them. 

Oh, my bad. I'll put you down as a Blue Jays fan then.

Yep Angels. And boy let me tell you, I don't think the Angels will ever be a free agency big spending team and do it well. The Angels need to go back to what got them to so many playoffs in the 2000's, minor league development.

They need to draft and develop more players whose last names are also the names of fish.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »

Oh, my bad. I'll put you down as a Blue Jays fan then.

They need to draft and develop more players whose last names are also the names of fish.

It's worked in the past. Salmon, now Trout. If we can draft a Bass, Perch, and a pitcher with the nickname of Catfish, I can't see how the Angels ever have a losing season for the next 10-15 years.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »
I hear Josh Goldfish is tearing up the double A pitching circuit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2013, 11:39:56 AM »
I hear Josh Goldfish is tearing up the double A pitching circuit

Sign him. He can join the rotation with Catfish. We need a number 2.

MistaNova

Re: Sticky: The Official MLB Thread
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »
Well whad'ya know, this thread is stickied. Now watch it go into hibernation for a few weeks lol.

Anyway, the Verlander v.s. Darvish match-up tonight sounds promising 8).
And Price's going to be miss his next start with an injury. Is he this year's version of Evan Longoria (the guy the team needs, but falls to injury)?

Sccit

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
Well whad'ya know, this thread is stickied. Now watch it go into hibernation for a few weeks lol.

it better not, or i'm takin this muthafucka down!

MistaNova

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2013, 07:58:36 PM »
Speaking of going down, Andy Pettitte and Chris Stewart might be headed to the DL.

Which not only further turns the Yankees' DL into the roster that everyone thought it was going to be in mid August/early September.
If Andy's going to be out for a while I suspect they'll bring up Nuno again. And if Stewart goes down, well I'm guessing they'll bring up whoever's the catcher for Scranton.

MistaNova

« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »
Well that Verlander vs Darvish game wasn't exactly what I had in mind. In the end the Tigers lost and Darvish got the win so it was a good game but I would've liked to see Justin Verlander be the 7 inning Cy Young candidate and not the guy who choked in the 2012 All Star Game. Maybe a Darvish vs Scherzer match-up would've been a lot better?
Although it further proves my point that Clayton Kershaw is the best pitcher in all of baseball right now :).

Looking forward to this year's draft. My Yankees get three first round picks this year 8), which probably means that they'll go after another High School arm that'll be outta baseball in 2~3 years.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2013, 01:52:30 PM »

Anyway, the Verlander v.s. Darvish match-up tonight sounds promising 8).
And Price's going to be miss his next start with an injury. Is he this year's version of Evan Longoria (the guy the team needs, but falls to injury)?
Verlander got anal raped hahaha

i hate that guy

MistaNova

« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
Verlander got anal raped hahaha

i hate that guy

Yeah I'm not a fan of that guy either. But I do go a little easy on him since he's managed to make himself look like a retard like during last year's ASG, the 2012 World Series and when he got denied by Kate Upton.
At least he hasn't had any issues with alcohol like Migay Cabrera (he's the guy that I personally hate lol).

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2013, 08:01:03 PM »
miggy is straight amazing

it's crazy how he and Prince are in the same lineup

just not fair lol

MistaNova

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
I'm still waiting for him to fail his drug test.

And what's really not fair is that they get to play in the AL Central which is pretty much the shittiest division in all of baseball. The Tigers are a decent team and because everybody else sucks their fans can buy post-season tickets on Opening Day.
I mean if you moved any one of the 5 teams iin the AL East (yes, including Boston) to that shitty ass division they'd take it no sweat.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2013, 08:09:40 PM »
I'm still waiting for him to fail his drug test.

And what's really not fair is that they get to play in the AL Central which is pretty much the shittiest division in all of baseball. The Tigers are a decent team and because everybody else sucks their fans can buy post-season tickets on Opening Day.
I mean if you moved any one of the 5 teams iin the AL East (yes, including Boston) to that shitty ass division they'd take it no sweat.
[/quote

i like what the indians are doing so far but yeah man Detroit only needed 88 wins to take the division last year

but give them credit, they dominated the AL in the post season before the Giants somehow raped them.  Last years Giants might be the worst team to win the world series in years lol