Author Topic: The Official MLB Thread  (Read 7489 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official MLB Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
maybe she deserved it?

Sometimes I wonder what century you live in?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »
maybe she deserved it?

she overcooked his filet mignon

Sccit

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »
maybe she deserved it?

Sometimes I wonder what century you live in?

i live in a time where it's okay to give ur wife a good spankin every once in a while when she messes up. women are like children and we've given 'em way too much power in this current society. it also explains why 90% of women are misguided hoes, but u fail to see the big picture.  sometimes i wish i still lived in this era:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VprIbx4QkPc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VprIbx4QkPc</a>

Remedy360

« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
maybe she deserved it?

The guy's been a psycho his entire career, http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/05/milt-down-countdown-the-worst-of-milton-bradley/. If anything, her mistake was marrying a piece of shit with retard strength.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:57:04 PM by Remedy360 »

Remedy360

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2013, 07:45:22 PM »
Most depressing loss from the M's I can remember in a while. Absolutely speechless.

Remedy360

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
Aaron Harang blows dick. You guys will shell Bonderman tomorrow as well, dude should not be in an MLB rotation. We have a chance to split with Saunders and Felix going the next few days though.

MistaNova

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »
Aaron Harang blows dick. You guys will shell Bonderman tomorrow as well, dude should not be in an MLB rotation. We have a chance to split with Saunders and Felix going the next few days though.

And the M's offense will find a way to screw it up ;).

Anyone else follow the draft? I followed the entire draft on MLB.com's stream yesterday (only the 1st, 2nd and competitive lottery balance picks).
Mark Appel was picked first overall by the Houston Astros (your M's better look out Remedy, the Astros are going to take that division... in 2016).
The Yankees had themselves three first rounders yesterday and got themselves Eric Jagielo, Aaron Judge and Ian Clarkin. Jagielo and Judge are pretty promising hitters. Clarkin's going to be a question mark though since he's said to be committed to USD and he said his favorite moment was seeing the Yankees lose to the D-Backs in the World Series because he can't stand the Yankees lol.

And just today the Yankees picked Michael O'Neill (Paul O'Neill's nephew). Awesome.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:50:06 AM by Iveus »

Remedy360

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »

And the M's offense will find a way to screw it up ;).

Anyone else follow the draft? I followed the entire draft on MLB.com's stream yesterday (only the 1st, 2nd and competitive lottery balance picks).
Mark Appel was picked first overall by the Houston Astros (your M's better look out Remedy, the Astros are going to take that division... in 2016).
The Yankees had themselves three first rounders yesterday and got themselves Eric Jagielo, Aaron Judge and Ian Clarkin. Jagielo and Judge are pretty promising hitters. Clarkin's going to be a question mark though since he's said to be committed to USD and he said his favorite moment was seeing the Yankees lose to the D-Backs in the World Series because he can't stand the Yankees lol.

And just today the Yankees picked Michael O'Neill (Paul O'Neill's nephew). Awesome.

Yeah, watched it too. Our first guy (12) sounds like a pure hitter, DJ Peterson I think it is. More intruiged by the guy we got at 49, Austin Wilson. Big athletic outfielder that a lot of people thought had front end talent but needs to tweak some of his swinging mechanics. Ever since Bill Bevasi's dumbass traded Adam Jones all I've wanted is an athletic power hitting outfielder and it looks like he has the potential to do so.

MistaNova

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
Yeah, watched it too. Our first guy (12) sounds like a pure hitter, DJ Peterson I think it is. More intruiged by the guy we got at 49, Austin Wilson. Big athletic outfielder that a lot of people thought had front end talent but needs to tweak some of his swinging mechanics. Ever since Bill Bevasi's dumbass traded Adam Jones all I've wanted is an athletic power hitting outfielder and it looks like he has the potential to do so.

I was actually talking with a friend of mine who's an M's fan and according to him every hitter that Seattle selects in the draft is doomed from the moment they're picked. Not sure if you'd agree with that but judging from how Smoak, Montero and Ackley have been terrible and how Zunino seems to be struggling in the minors, I think it's time the M's got themselves some new hitting instructors. Although I hear that Seager seems to be swinging a bat so hot it left Hawk Harrelson speechless...

Remedy360

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »

I was actually talking with a friend of mine who's an M's fan and according to him every hitter that Seattle selects in the draft is doomed from the moment they're picked. Not sure if you'd agree with that but judging from how Smoak, Montero and Ackley have been terrible and how Zunino seems to be struggling in the minors, I think it's time the M's got themselves some new hitting instructors. Although I hear that Seager seems to be swinging a bat so hot it left Hawk Harrelson speechless...

Well Ackley is the only one that actually came up through our farm system, Smoak came up with Texas and Montero came up with you guys. Ackleys been hitting well in AAA and I feel like he's young enough that he can still turn it around. As for Zunino, this time last year the guy was hitting in college. He started last year after the Gators season was over and absolutely tore the cover off the ball to the point where they started him in AAA this year. He's struggled a bit yeah but the guy is way too young to make any type of major assessments about. Seager has been good and Nick Franklin has looked good as well in a small sample size. The Mariner's are incredibly frustrating but it sounds like your friend is suffering from JMS (Jaded Mariner Fan Syndrome.) It makes you think irrationally but is quite common in these parts.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:18:00 PM by Remedy360 »

MistaNova

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
True, but isn't it a little odd that a lot of the highly touted guys have managed to find ways to struggle? I mean I know the whole "Safeco is a hitter's graveyard" thing but it's quite a coinkidink.
That said, today's game was awesome. King Felix and Phelpsie were pretty good, I loved how the game ended as well (the Yankees winning of course ;)).

But going back to the M's for a bit, do you see Ackley being converted into something else? From what I've heard Franklin appears to be better defensively and could possibly be the M's secondbaseman of the future, meaning that Ackley might have to move somewhere else. Seeing as how the M's are currently trying to convert Jesus Montero into a DH/1st baseman (or at least I think they are, if not then they're really dumb), I'm going to guess maybe Ackley becomes a thridbaseman or an outfielder? I suppose this was a problem the M's were going to have to face eventually but what do you think?

Remedy360

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »
True, but isn't it a little odd that a lot of the highly touted guys have managed to find ways to struggle? I mean I know the whole "Safeco is a hitter's graveyard" thing but it's quite a coinkidink.
That said, today's game was awesome. King Felix and Phelpsie were pretty good, I loved how the game ended as well (the Yankees winning of course ;)).

But going back to the M's for a bit, do you see Ackley being converted into something else? From what I've heard Franklin appears to be better defensively and could possibly be the M's secondbaseman of the future, meaning that Ackley might have to move somewhere else. Seeing as how the M's are currently trying to convert Jesus Montero into a DH/1st baseman (or at least I think they are, if not then they're really dumb), I'm going to guess maybe Ackley becomes a thridbaseman or an outfielder? I suppose this was a problem the M's were going to have to face eventually but what do you think?

No, it definitely strange. I think at this point most would say that its unlikely that Smoak amounts to a whole lot (although his OBP was great before he went down) but I don't think the jury is out on Ackley or Montero yet, although the whole biogensis thing could possibly explain why Montero's sucked so much this year. The funny thing about Ackley is that he played OF everywhere until he was with the M's organization, and a lot of scouts thought he'd never be a good second basemen but he was actually a gold glove finalist. He's probably better at the position than Franklin is, but I think it'll ultimately come down to who is hitting better. Definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Ackley move somewhere in the outfield though. It all depends on who pans out, but having more hitters than we have positions is a problem I'll take anyday with what we've dealt with the last few years. Oh, and todays game sucked. Another great effort ruined.

I have to say you do impress me with what you know about the M's though, I can talk Seattle all day but couldn't tell you much about any team besides them lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:26:38 PM by Remedy360 »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »
cham gets a boner from dustin pedroia

MistaNova

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »
I have to say you do impress me with what you know about the M's though, I can talk Seattle all day but couldn't tell you much about any team besides them lol

I'll take that as a compliment.
While I'll never root for any team other than the Yankees (except maybe their minor league affiliates and Team Japan in the WBC), I try and keep tabs on what's happening across the majors. More than anything because I'm such a baseball nerd with too much free time and look at sites like baseball reference, mlbtraderumors and the like on a near daily basis. The fact that most of my friends are fans of various teams (M's, Twins, Giants etc...) and randomly send me news (or in most cases rants and complaints about their teams) doesn't hurt either.

And Seattle's one of the easier teams for me to keep track of since several names involved are ex-Yanks (Montero, Noesi, Almonte, Mitchell etc...). Through the draft and through trades they've gathered a handful of pieces that could be part of their future and it's pretty easy to see what's in store for them.
Like with Ackley and Franklin. I think it's pretty clear that if/when these two made it to the big leagues the M's were going to have to move one of them to a different position. Arguements could be made for the better hitter to stay or for the better defender to stay. I think we'll all have to wait and see how that unfolds as I don't expect an answer to appear before 2015.
You've also got Montero and Zunino. From what I've heard Zunino appears to be the better defender compared to Montero who's future behind the plate has been in question since his time in New York. And almost all of the "experts" think he's better suited for 1st base or the DH role and maybe form a platoon with Smoak. Now might be the best time for to convert Montero into a 1st baseman/DH, but I guess we'll have to wait see what happens with this as well.
Throw in the other names like Smoak, Almonte, Peterson, Wilson and Seager and they've managed to establish a pretty nice base to work off of in the upcoming years.
As always they've got a nice pitching staff and reinforcements are on their way in the form of a three-headed monster (Hultzen, Paxton and Walker) which'll turn the rotation into Felix and a cast of characters (Iwakuma's been great but I don't expect the M's to keep him around long-term) to the best 1-2-3-4 punch in the bigs. Not to mention the fact that the M's could trade one of those three pitching monsters for an effective hitter if they wanted to.

With that I've suddenly turned my post into my M's analysis report lol. Of course this is all just an "outsider's opinion" and I could be completely wrong but this is what I've taken from the various info I've received about the M's. I also want to get as many opinions from people like you who've obviously seen more of the M's than I have so my assessments (for lack of a better word) aren't too far from the truth.

Remedy360

« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2013, 11:52:55 AM »

I'll take that as a compliment.
While I'll never root for any team other than the Yankees (except maybe their minor league affiliates and Team Japan in the WBC), I try and keep tabs on what's happening across the majors. More than anything because I'm such a baseball nerd with too much free time and look at sites like baseball reference, mlbtraderumors and the like on a near daily basis. The fact that most of my friends are fans of various teams (M's, Twins, Giants etc...) and randomly send me news (or in most cases rants and complaints about their teams) doesn't hurt either.

And Seattle's one of the easier teams for me to keep track of since several names involved are ex-Yanks (Montero, Noesi, Almonte, Mitchell etc...). Through the draft and through trades they've gathered a handful of pieces that could be part of their future and it's pretty easy to see what's in store for them.
Like with Ackley and Franklin. I think it's pretty clear that if/when these two made it to the big leagues the M's were going to have to move one of them to a different position. Arguements could be made for the better hitter to stay or for the better defender to stay. I think we'll all have to wait and see how that unfolds as I don't expect an answer to appear before 2015.
You've also got Montero and Zunino. From what I've heard Zunino appears to be the better defender compared to Montero who's future behind the plate has been in question since his time in New York. And almost all of the "experts" think he's better suited for 1st base or the DH role and maybe form a platoon with Smoak. Now might be the best time for to convert Montero into a 1st baseman/DH, but I guess we'll have to wait see what happens with this as well.
Throw in the other names like Smoak, Almonte, Peterson, Wilson and Seager and they've managed to establish a pretty nice base to work off of in the upcoming years.
As always they've got a nice pitching staff and reinforcements are on their way in the form of a three-headed monster (Hultzen, Paxton and Walker) which'll turn the rotation into Felix and a cast of characters (Iwakuma's been great but I don't expect the M's to keep him around long-term) to the best 1-2-3-4 punch in the bigs. Not to mention the fact that the M's could trade one of those three pitching monsters for an effective hitter if they wanted to.

With that I've suddenly turned my post into my M's analysis report lol. Of course this is all just an "outsider's opinion" and I could be completely wrong but this is what I've taken from the various info I've received about the M's. I also want to get as many opinions from people like you who've obviously seen more of the M's than I have so my assessments (for lack of a better word) aren't too far from the truth.

Oh, between Zunino and Montero it's no contest. Montero is absolute trash behind the plate, the fact that they ran with it as long as they did was a huge mistake, but at least they seemed to have finally thrown in the towel. The guy is so unathletic, I don't even know if first base is a reasonable expectation. He makes guys like Prince Fielder and Pablo Sandoval seem like Ricky Henderson. That said, if he can hit like everyone thought he was going to be able to I'm fine with him as a DH, cause it was the bat that we traded for anyways. But yeah, I'd be shocked if he amounted to more than an emergency catcher at best. I honestly don't know a whole lot about the other NY guys you mentioned, outside of Noesi who looks like shit. They're not among our elite prospects but who knows what will happen. Good point with the Big 3 as well, I think a scenario in which we flipped one or even two of them for some legit offense is certainly possible (as Jack Z tried to with Walker for Upton). Hard to say what'll happen with Iwakuma, he said he liked it here last year and wanted to sign an extension and he's under contract for at least next year, plus an option for the next. If we could get some surefire hitters for him I'd be down, but obviously our pitchers for prospects trades have flopped pretty hard lately.