Author Topic: The Official MLB Thread  (Read 7501 times)

Remedy360

Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
yeah but he went 0-4 against Harvey (the Mets only good pitcher)

still though Harper is gonna be a beast...i heard somewhere that he's on a mission cuz he's tired of people saying Mike Trout is better

Which means that he'd be a no. 3 pitcher on a good team/staff? Lol, Harvey's a beast though, I can see why everybody's comparing him to Tom Seaver.

And Trout was better than Harper last year but at this moment in time I think it's easier to see who's having a weaker sophmore season (although he hit a grand slam today).
I can't wait to see Harper in pinstripes a few years from now :).

Edit: Anyone seeing the Indians vs Astros game? Lol, Humber (the Astros pitcher)'s era was well over 9000.

I'd take it down a notch with that one. There's like 150 games left to play. And Trout shat all over Harper last season. It wasn't close.

MistaNova

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
I'd take it down a notch with that one. There's like 150 games left to play. And Trout shat all over Harper last season. It wasn't close.

Which is why I said "at this moment." I won't rule out the possibily that Trout will finish the season with better numbers than Harper but so far this season it's been Harper>Trout.

MistaNova

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »
#MiamiMarlins#Swag

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »
Sabathia tonight against the Devil Rays 8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:12 PM »
anddd i jinxed Sabathia lol

time for NBA anyways

MistaNova

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »
Appearently there've been all sorts of rumors surrounding Robinson Cano and the infamous Biogenesis (I think that's how it's spelled) Clinic. I hope it's all BS (or somehow leads to Cano getting an extention).

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:38 PM »
yeah someone who runs his chairty foundation went to the clinic last summer..she says it was for weight loss help

i've also noticed Gio Gonzalez sucks so far this year.... Ryan Braun is doing okay though

MistaNova

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »
yeah someone who runs his chairty foundation went to the clinic last summer..she says it was for weight loss help

i've also noticed Gio Gonzalez sucks so far this year.... Ryan Braun is doing okay though

Yeah that's what I've heard/read as well. Everybody and their grandma is ready to point fingers and call Cano a "shitty human being" though ::).

Gio's been pretty shakey, but I think he'll be able to turn around be a decent top 30-ranking pitcher.
He ain't no Andy Pettitte though ;), Andy at age 41 so far has looked like a better pitcher than the age 31 Andy.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
I believe in Robinson...but nobody would surprise me as a roider except for skinny old Ichiro

Remedy360

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
I believe in Robinson...but nobody would surprise me as a roider except for skinny old Ichiro

LOL. Imagine if Ichiro had been on roids his entire career, he'd probably be top 10 all time based on how great his swing/work ethic are.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:08:43 PM by Remedy360 »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:43 PM »
it's funny cuz Ichiro loves to hit homers in batting practice but never in games

dude could probably have had 20 points less on his average if he wanted to be a 25+ home run guy

Remedy360

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »
it's funny cuz Ichiro loves to hit homers in batting practice but never in games

dude could probably have had 20 points less on his average if he wanted to be a 25+ home run guy

Yeah, I went to the HR derby when the ASG was at Safe-Co in 2001 and during BP dude hit at least 15-20 out in a row effortlessly, it was incredible. The whole power question (among other things) was a question that floated around here a lot and a reason he always kinda had a reputation of being selfish. Of course, there's always guys that can put on shows during BP that suck during games but Ichiro was such a great hitter that it really makes you think. At this stage in his career I doubt he could do it anyways but who knows what he coulda been in his prime.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »
agreed

MistaNova

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2013, 08:23:38 PM »
but who knows what he coulda been in his prime.

Dude could've broken Pete Rose's all time hit record.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:27:38 PM by Iveus »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2013, 11:34:06 PM »
but who knows what he coulda been in his prime.

Dude could've broken Pete Rose's all time hit record.

slim but possible chance...he'd probably fall a bit short of 4K