Author Topic: Just Blaze - trying to be the new Timbaland ??  (Read 317 times)

Jome

Just Blaze - trying to be the new Timbaland ??
« on: March 02, 2003, 09:42:43 PM »
Is it just me, or is Just Blaze going in Timbos footsteps a little too much??

* Producing for Jay-Z & The ROC
* Same type of futuristic club-hits, with many similar patterns, and some times near stealing Timbo's drum-patterns.
* Copying Pastor Troy's Timbaland-produced "Are we cuttin" on Freeways "Flipside" track
* Using Timbalands trademark synth-effects all the time..

Dont get me wrong, he's pretty dope, but Timbaland seems to be his big inspiration..

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re:Just Blaze - trying to be the new Timbaland ??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 09:57:38 PM »
It's a classic "Everbody wanna be like Mike" situation......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

KVB

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 10:37:15 PM »
I don't think Just Blaze's style sounds anything like Timbalands. I can clearly seperate the two's beats, but I think Just is a little more innovative. I can identify a Timbaland-beat as soon as I hear it without having read the credits. The same can't be said about Just Blaze.

Just is Roc-A-Fella's in-house producer, naturally he works a lot for them - Timbaland, on the other hand is just a good industry friend of Jay-Z, and therefore they work a lot together - you don't see Timbo work much with the Roc-A-Fella camp apart from Jay-Z.

Some of their beats may sound similar, but I don't think you can accuse Just Blaze of stealing Timbo's style, if anything, there are bigger contenders for that title than Just Blaze. I didn't know "Flipside" was a copy of a Timbaland beat... a shame though, I thought that was the illest beat and song on Freeway's CD... but beat biting has happened before.

Example: the Rockwilder produced "Release Date" on Xzibit's last LP was almost a straight jack of Mobb Deep's "Quiet Storm" (produced by Havoc) Just Blaze ain't the only one copying beats.

I think he is one of the best producers in the game right now. He may sample a lot, but when it all comes down to it not many producers can create beats as dope as him.

Agua

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 06:06:34 AM »
I like Just Blaze, but he's far from bein a new Timbo.

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 07:44:07 AM »
I like Just Blaze, but he's far from bein a new Timbo.
word.  IMO Just Blaze has more variety in his beats than Timbo.

Navigator

• Lil Geezy
  • Ourworld
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 10:14:23 AM »
I respect your opinion Jome, however i think timbaland is a big inspiration to many producers....and the first point you made was summed up by KVB and i would say the same thing he meant about your point on the same synth's and sounds as timbo...it seems all producers are moving to these futuristic sounds now....I could mix up any producer with another if i thought there was a possibility that another person produced it.
u already knooow!

Navigator

• Lil Geezy
  • Ourworld
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »
I respect your opinion Jome, however i think timbaland is a big inspiration to many producers....and the first point you made was summed up by KVB and i would say the same thing he meant about your point on the same synth's and sounds as timbo...it seems all producers are moving to these futuristic sounds now....I could mix up any producer with another if i thought there was a possibility that another person produced it,especially at the moment in the game.

-peace-
-Navi-
u already knooow!

Navigator

• Lil Geezy
  • Ourworld
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2003, 10:18:05 AM »
damn my computer went nuts!!!!
u already knooow!

KVB

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 10:44:08 AM »
I listened to "Are We Cuttin", and I agree the synths sound very similar to those Just Blaze used for "Flipside", but you can't say he jacked Timbo's beat. Just added a lot of dope effects to the mix which made his track sound much better, and hella catchier... "Are We Cuttin'" is monotone in comparison. Just my 2 cents.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 11:28:53 AM »
speakin of just blaze his production on Freeway's album is some of the dopest I have heard from him  ;D

the freeway album is real dope ;D

KVB

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2003, 11:45:58 AM »
speakin of just blaze his production on Freeway's album is some of the dopest I have heard from him  ;D

the freeway album is real dope ;D

Word man... almost every one of his beats on Free's album are bangers, but he's always been dope IMO. Not only on this album has he made :o beats... no wonder the Roc signed him.

Bump "Flipside"... shit, it's as addictive as heroin after a few listens...

Jome

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2003, 06:28:15 PM »
I listened to "Are We Cuttin", and I agree the synths sound very similar to those Just Blaze used for "Flipside", but you can't say he jacked Timbo's beat. Just added a lot of dope effects to the mix which made his track sound much better, and hella catchier... "Are We Cuttin'" is monotone in comparison. Just my 2 cents.

Check out "Are we cuttin remix" with Nore and some others.. hella tight..
And they even say "are we cutting or what" in that Freeway-track so it's obviously a "borrowed remix" kinda..
And I never said that Just Blaze is stealing from Timbo, just that he's very influenced by him.
I've heard other Just Bleezy tracks borrowing a lot from Timbaland too, so it's not the first time.

I bet Just will admit this is interviews too..
And as for Just being more innovative than Timbaland: LOL
That's the biggest overstatement I've heard since somebody said Battlecat was more innovative than Timbaland.
His work for the likes of Missy, Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Jay-Z, Ludacris, Twista, Bubba & more has been more innovative than Kanye & Just Blaze combined, at least yet.

He's not getting his proper dues from some hiphop-fans, because he's producing for R'n'B acts as well, and they often get more innovative beats than Jay-Z or Ludacris.. and a lot of hiphop-fans doesn't check R'n'B-beats..
Anybody checking for Aaliyah or Missy can tell you that he is probably the best R'n'B-producer, and he's also in the top5 or 10 in hiphop.

Of course, some people automatically dismiss him since Beat Club have a lot of wack rappers and he does R'n'B-tracks.. and some doesn't like his futuristic style, but the truth is that he's the Southside version of Dre, only on a smaller scale, and with a bigger foot in R'n'B.

It's not for nothin that he got his own label with a solid roster..

KVB

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2003, 11:24:57 PM »

Check out "Are we cuttin remix" with Nore and some others.. hella tight..
And they even say "are we cutting or what" in that Freeway-track so it's obviously a "borrowed remix" kinda..
And I never said that Just Blaze is stealing from Timbo, just that he's very influenced by him.
I've heard other Just Bleezy tracks borrowing a lot from Timbaland too, so it's not the first time.

I bet Just will admit this is interviews too..
And as for Just being more innovative than Timbaland: LOL
That's the biggest overstatement I've heard since somebody said Battlecat was more innovative than Timbaland.
His work for the likes of Missy, Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Jay-Z, Ludacris, Twista, Bubba & more has been more innovative than Kanye & Just Blaze combined, at least yet.

He's not getting his proper dues from some hiphop-fans, because he's producing for R'n'B acts as well, and they often get more innovative beats than Jay-Z or Ludacris.. and a lot of hiphop-fans doesn't check R'n'B-beats..
Anybody checking for Aaliyah or Missy can tell you that he is probably the best R'n'B-producer, and he's also in the top5 or 10 in hiphop.

Of course, some people automatically dismiss him since Beat Club have a lot of wack rappers and he does R'n'B-tracks.. and some doesn't like his futuristic style, but the truth is that he's the Southside version of Dre, only on a smaller scale, and with a bigger foot in R'n'B.

It's not for nothin that he got his own label with a solid roster..

Timbo's def. a dope producer, easily one of the best in hip-hop... I just like Just Blaze better. All upcoming producers are influenced by someone, so yeah, I guess you can hear some of Timbo's influence in Just Blaze's production. The point is, he isn't copying Timbaland... he's got his own style. And right now, Just is a much better producer IMO. But it's all matter of opinions.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2003, 11:12:48 AM »
to me personally, i prefer just blaze sometimes and timbo on other occasions, but i feel timbo is betta with his rnb beats and shit and i prefer a just blaze beat in hip hop alot of the time, i jus aint feelin alot of what timbo offers, cuz its always to similar to his other beats, and is heavily influenced by that indian typa beat sound. cant describe it, anyways, lately timbo has been bringin more heat than usual, i dont usually like his shit, and i preferjus blaze on certain things.......but yeah he aint copyin no ones style, everyones gets influences from places and i dont think timbo is a heavy influence on him, but is a influence.

anyways as long as they both keep droppin heat, its all gravy

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2003, 11:35:35 AM »
Timbo is tight.  But on the real I think the Kanye is way better.  They are two different styles but Kanye has Timbo on the run right now.
Think Free.