Author Topic: BIG HUTCH INTERVIEW PART 2  (Read 378 times)

Iron_Man

• 'G'
BIG HUTCH INTERVIEW PART 2
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »

http://www.hulkshare.com/ysrltxpeeuww

What made you stay at Death Row despite you having offers from Dre?
I never was offered to go work with Dre to be honest with you. I was a work for hire at Aftermath and I went over there after they dismantled the situation at Aftermath.

Me signing to Death Row was more of an executive decision for me and my company, through Interscope, a bigger channel, and Death Row.Aftermath they just had me work on projects over there, they did not offer me shit. I was with Tommy Boy and after I left there I came to LA and was doing the producer thing for a while and started my own company.
When Suge was incarcerated he hired me to run Death Row when he was locked up.

What are some good memories that you have working over at Death Row?

The one thing that sticks out to me is working with Crooked I and how young he was at the time. He took his workload like a veteran and he was always on time. I think the most craziest memories is working with Lisa  Left Eye Lopes. For Lisa, the studio had to be a certain temperature, the lighting had to be a certain way, and she was always quirky but very creative.

The most magical, memorable time at Death Row was working on 2pac’s double album, Until The End Of Time. I was a producer on it and music supervisor on the project. To be able to help my homie and at the same time hear the magic from him and get that music out there to the world.

Is there any more plans of dropping another Above The Law album and will we hear any unreleased verses from KMG?
Definitely, we are putting together an album right now to be released this summer. We have the songs ready that we want to use for the album, so me and DJ K-Oss just going back and forth on how we are going to finish the project.
What are your thoughts on west coast hip hop in 2013?

Wow that is a big question. That is a 2 point question for me, because I feel like for one there is alot of good music coming out right now. The second point is I really do not feel like there is a industry here on the west coast. I feel like this industry is driven by other places and other markets, I just don’t hear the west coast having its own identity.

It’s like we are having a problem fitting in with what’s going on, so we just…, I mean to put it blunt, we acting like somebody else. I’m not really proud of that because we worked so hard to be different and to have a place in this industry, to say that this is west coast hip hop that we created.

We impacted music globally and when you now start talking about not protecting that sound and being proud of who and what the west really stood for in the music industry. We have Kendrick Lamar with his album and having some success and then there is nothing else that goes on.

Snoop might have some success, but nothing else following that up. Game and then nothing, because there is no industry out here. Everyone wants to sugarcoat it and say that it’s all good, when that is not the case looking at it on a grand scale.

Kendrick, YG. Problem and maybe a few others have a great record, but again there is no industry. Versus before there was DJ Quik, Above The Law, NWA, CMW, Eazy E, Pharcyde, WC & The Maad Circle, Ice Cube, Westside Connection, E40, it was an industry. You had like 100 cats making hit records.

Absolutely. You had spoken about Tyga, who is from California, thinking about changing and adding the 187 to his name. Has his camp reached out to you or vice versa?

Nah, no one has reached out to me and that is disrespectful man. My real take on all that stuff man is I built that 187 from being a lyrical killer to the point that I took a street code and that’s my name. That is not something that got automatically added to my name and over time people started calling me Big Hutch more now because I am an executive.
I grew up from being Cold 187um to now being Big Hutch, but it is always 187 on mine. Battling in the early 90′s and working with 2pac and Busta Rhymes, in those circles I am known as 187. No one can just come and portray that but me, and that is the whole point.
I don’t know what their excuse might me, but I personally do not want to hear it. It does not matter if they reply to me, I don’t want to hear their excuse. No one is going to come out and call themselves the Don Mega but Ice Cube, That’s my whole issue because I don’t have beef with squares in the rap game. Understand I said squares.
Right

I don’t have beef with people that pop pills and eat pussy. I have beef with gangsters in the streets where it is official and it means something.

And this gets back to your previous point of the west coast. I think that there is alot going on with the up and coming generation that don’t respect the craft, let alone respect the history of it.

Yes, and they do not respect the accomplishments. When you look at the rap game and think that you should be on someone else bandwagon and you are from here and rep this, you are becoming the biggest diva in the music industry.
To be it’s like this, the industry never helped the west do shit. We worked our way into it, people like Eazy E, LA Dream Team, World Class Wrecking Crew, Spade and all those guys, King T, Ice-T, they all paved the way for us to be in the industry.

When Eazy E came, he showed us how to move as a unit. How to really make some industry money and then it went global. Tyga you say that you from Compton, but I have never heard him talk about Eazy E or give props. Never have I heard him say any of his influences or what he came up on have anything to do with Compton, nah you always emulating images from somewhere else.
That is not fair to us and what we all accomplished in this. I don’t want to be the guy in the corner telling the truth that no one backs up but who is going to tell the truth? No one wants to be that guy because what does he look like?

But that is what the problem is, no one wants to respect nothing. You can quote me on this and your interview is the first one I have said this, Hip Hop has no respect for Hip Hop. Period! That makes no sense to me because soul music is not going to disrespect the greats that built soul music.

Hip Hop is going to disrespect the greats that built this for no reason at all.
True, sad commentary but very true.

It has no respect for hip hop. How do you come from an industry that at one time no one wanted it to exist at all and people taking risks to make it become a reality to now you disrespect it.

No one in the early and mid 80′s no one wanted this to last this fucking long. But then you have people get in front of a TV camera and you ball till you fall and you want to disrespect the craft? That cannot go undiscussed, we have to discuss these things.
Definitely and I am glad that you are speaking on it because I think it is something that is getting pushed under the rug and like you said people are not really speaking up or saying anything.

Right, because no one wants to look like oh I’m complaining or this and that. No you are telling the truth! Listen, we can all sit down and talk and we can all agree to disagree, but let’s discuss it! Let’s not just act like it is all good because aww man this company is doing this.., I mean no one has the right to come out and say that they are the new 2pac.

Lil Wayne does not have the right to say that, he should get checked for that. I don’t care if people think that he is the greatest rapper alive, he CAN rap, no one is in the room saying that he is wack, what we are saying is man don’t say that.
Don’t say that in public man, say that behind closed doors because that is disrespectful. Be the next Lil Wayne, be who you are. Like for me I am into athletes, and I never want to hear somebody say I am the next Michael Jordan.

Because that is disrespectful to Jordan and what he accomplished. You don’t do that, and that is what I mean, Hip Hop has no respect for Hip Hop. Trust me, I love the records that are being made, and I am not going to say that someone out there is gay or anything, or wack. Certain things that you say for those that labored and paved the way for you, you don’t say it!
Jay-Z is not in the likeness of a 2pac, Lil Wayne the same, there is only one 2pac. But maybe Tyga thinks he is the next 187.
Laughs

You get to popping off at the mouth but you don’t disrespect the fold like that. It has to be checked and there is example after example of people disrespecting the game! As great as Lebron or Kobe is, do you think they are going to get on TV and say that they are the next Michael Jordan?

Nah (laughs). They won’t even touch it.
One thing I will say about 2pac, my dear friend 2pac Shakur, Rest In Peace him, KMG and Eazy E, he never got on anything and never said he was anything greater than just a man. He never said that! And how dare you say that you walk in the likeness of him and step on his toes and spit on his grave like that!

I feel like that because these are people that I walked around with, broke bread with and smoked weed with. I feel like that, so I’m sorry I am living this long and doing what I am doing.I am sorry that I am a older guy doing what I am doing and I have something to say about people stepping on other peoples toes.

I’m sorry, but that is what G’s do! Scary people sit back and allow shit to happen and it continues to happen. When it gets fucked up, that is when the scary dudes come to the real dudes to fix it. Real people when there is an issue in the mix they speak on it and go and resolve the shit.

Unfortunately there is only a handful of us hanging around right now. Hip Hop has no respect for Hip Hop, period! It is out of hand, and now it ain’t about the songs that people make, it’s more about how people are acting. I said it time and time again, I seen Shyne, and I spoke on this shit on Yahoo, trashing Kendrick Lamar. Real MC’s don’t do that, we don’t have to. We don’t have to get on Twitter and say some shit is wack and shit. We don’t do that, we are in a elite class, who gives a fuck. We ain’t on Twitter!
Right (laughs)

Talking about other motherfuckers issues or other peoples shit. That is what some weird motherfucker in some buttfuck town does where all he has in his town is a local computer at the library. That is not for us, that is their world, we don’t do thatWe don’t give a shit about what the next MC shit sounds like. What do we care?
That’s true. Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

I am throwing a bikini showcase in Tulsa on the 8th of March at Club Haze. I am planning on going on tour at the end of April, I may be doing some dates with ICP or myself. When I am working on a record I don’t tour or do shows much until it is completed. I am almost finished with Hell’s Kitchen, and people can follow me on twitter OGBigHutch, www.bigshotmusic.net
Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Shout out to all the staff at West World Records, BigShotMusic.net, Ruthless Proproganda, and all my people worldwide that support West World, from the west to the world, LA, New York, Detroit, Dallas, D.C., Oklahoma, Vegas, everywhere, we global.

123imagee

Re: BIG HUTCH INTERVIEW PART 2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »
 8)

b.laden

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 06:12:45 AM »
thanks  8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
i´ll check the ATL album if it drops

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
i still dont understand whats the deal with the tyga situation like how is a WESTCOAST website not gonna know that tyga didnt or even thought about changing his name. it was only a mixtape title. ya'll needa get your shit str8 cuz i know theres lot of people who hate all the new west rap like YG and tyga but theres still a fanbase ON THIS SITE(like me) who do like their music. seems so biased IMO. either way i love ATL im bumpin 100 spokes right now and the interview was great.

but that diss to tyga was funny poppin' pills and eatin pussy bahahahah good one OG

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 12:46:26 PM »
legend

Iron_Man

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »
dude is dope. dont know about the psychopathic shit though

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »

smart move on his part

Iron_Man

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »

smart move on his part

dont know i read on another site that 3 of their signees have left the label

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »

smart move on his part

dont know i read on another site that 3 of their signees have left the label

he managed to generate a good buzz with the juggalo crowd, sold as much as xzibit in his first week