Author Topic: Been a member of DUBCC since 2005, what happened to this place?  (Read 1838 times)

Will_B

Re: Been a member of DUBCC since 2005, what happened to this place?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 03:13:46 AM »
Problem is there is nothing much of substance that is somewhat new being discussed. It's the same conversations about which N.W.A. album was better or Tupac album or Death Row. The discussions themselves are played out. I check in here from time to time but there is nothing much interesting being talked about.

Whatever you're into people will be discussing 'the classics' - music, film, books, cars, fashion, gaming and all the shit they grew up on

What's missing is modern classics in rap. Kendrick just dropped an incredible album by modern West Coast standards. But what's out next? Who's making moves like Kendrick?

LYRIDER

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 03:20:47 AM »
on topic .... personnaly i dont waist my time anymore makin threads in here sharin music or givin info cuz half of peeps here dont give feedbacks leech or just dont care .
i used to love this place ... now im bout to delete my account  :-[

Matty

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 05:04:58 AM »
thread pretty much speaks for itself. what irks me a little is how much time people put into complaining about what the next man is interested in instead of populating their own threads and generating discussion. that's what makes me think that half the people here have no intention of logging on to discuss music in the first place. personally i'm gonna post about the material i'm interested in and not spend time entering threads that don't interest me to strike up arguments with a poster i don't like, troll people, etc etc.

if the board has a lot of people who want to talk about 90s death row music a lot of the time, it doesn't really bother me, that's their thing. if a thread i post doesn't get any hits, i'm not gonna complain that anyone needs to change their tastes or whatever. there just wasn't any interest in it - no skin off mine or anyone else noses. the whole bickering about what everybody else is posting or where they're coming from, be it geographically or muscially, seems more insecure than anything.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 05:59:09 AM »
 One problem i have is i import my cds from America and i wait until i receive them before i listen to the album so by the time i post feed back/my opinion the discussion threads are already dead  :D
 Cant deny i sleep on lots of newer stuff, i used to download heaps of songs from the main page, when it had the old lay out and every so often i will bump all that shit and there's great songs that i was sleeping on. But they weren't really discussed most the time.
 I sleep on some new rappers i guess but when something cool like a new Raskass album or hieroglyphics album comes out there doesn't seem to be any interest.
 Its true what other people have already posted like not much good new music coming out, DPG not as good, etc
 Cant deny though i just read the previous page an i did get some LOLs even though it was an example of what people are saying teh problem with this forum is.
 Its funny i posted here a long time only ever in the music section, only ever about music but the place got boring hence my pic spamming in the g spot.
 Its almost like i look in there for something funny more than about music lately..
 All forums eventually die though. Its inevitable. Like the music scene we all like, i don't think new young posters are filling in the gap of all the older posters that are leaving.
 Some members here aren't exactly welcoming with open arms lol. Certainly not many open minded people around but that's the internet for you, experts everywhere.

Will_B

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 06:09:07 AM »
thread pretty much speaks for itself. what irks me a little is how much time people put into complaining about what the next man is interested in instead of populating their own threads and generating discussion. that's what makes me think that half the people here have no intention of logging on to discuss music in the first place. personally i'm gonna post about the material i'm interested in and not spend time entering threads that don't interest me to strike up arguments with a poster i don't like, troll people, etc etc.

if the board has a lot of people who want to talk about 90s death row music a lot of the time, it doesn't really bother me, that's their thing. if a thread i post doesn't get any hits, i'm not gonna complain that anyone needs to change their tastes or whatever. there just wasn't any interest in it - no skin off mine or anyone else noses. the whole bickering about what everybody else is posting or where they're coming from, be it geographically or muscially, seems more insecure than anything.

Good post

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 08:16:49 AM »
The PM is still dry. I guess nobody wants to see this place revived.

Will_B

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2013, 12:36:39 AM »
The PM is still dry. I guess nobody wants to see this place revived.

LMAO

HighEyeCue

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »
when there are 10 year old topics being bumped I guess there isn't much to talk about these days

Mietek23

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2013, 10:09:53 AM »
when there are 10 year old topics being bumped I guess there isn't much to talk about these days

That's one idiot with a "euro wigger" obsession doing all this crap - somebody should ban this fool.

So Parallel

• 'G'
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »
how about we all calm down and go back to talking about tupac, dr. dre, snoop dogg/dpg the realest and death row
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:51:55 PM by So Parallel »

aerroc

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »
;D

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
i get on here to check for news occasionally on westcoast artists and all i ever see in these threads is a bunch of random fighting, recycled topics, dre dickriding, and personal drama between people on here. UR A EURO WIGGER. NO UR A EURO WIGGER IM AN OG. DPG THIS DPG DATE. DETOX DETOX. PEOPLE DONT TALK ABOUT THE NEW WEST ENOUGH OMG OMG. i dont get it at all.... im just sayin

like it blows my mind how much personal drama yall manage to get into its hilarious
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:09:28 PM by 3331 »

Okka

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2013, 02:44:41 PM »
It's all fun and games, but it gets frustrating some times and some take it a bit too serious.

Will_B

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2013, 12:23:25 AM »
It's all fun and games, but it gets frustrating some times and some take it a bit too serious.

It's ok. Mikes dead now :)

sofdark

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »
Theres really not much to talk about. Our coast is full of rappers who think they can save the west when they can't even release their first album. I mean what the fuck is Crooked and Bishop thinking? They caught Hittman syndrome for big time.

I think Kendrick was the only dude who got hyped and actually release material for his fanbase to spread around the world. Look where the "New West" mothafuckers are at right now. Theres no one relevant other than Black Hippy guys.

Black Hippy really deserves a lot of credit for keeping their words and releasing shit for people to keep interest in west.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:21:06 AM by sofdark »