Author Topic: New interview about Tupac and Johnny J  (Read 469 times)

jmix

New interview about Tupac and Johnny J
« on: April 13, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »
This is part 2 of my Ronnie King Interview
He talks about
Was Johnny J Depressed?
How did johnny Feel about the crappy remixes?
Atmosphere At Death Row After Tupac Died
Still I Rise And UTEOT
Integrity of Pac's Music
Ronnie on Hit Em Up & More!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: New interview about Tupac and Johnny J
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »
Interesting... Sounds like Johnny J may have been the most loyal person to 2pac from a fans perspective.  Obviously, Afeni being his mom she's always going to be the most loyal, but in some cases she's blocked some of his material or held it up from coming out.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 06:18:40 PM »
RIP Johnny J.
Why you to have die?

it's rumored someone killed him

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »
why for?

who knows...but it's been said that when Johnny J allegedly "hung himself" he was really murdered

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »
I knew a guy who was friends with Johnny J's older bro. He said Johnny J was murdered by Mexicans because he couldn't speak Spanish and they accused him of "acting Black" so they killed him. The saddest part was Johnny J was only supposed to be there for the weekend.

RIP Johnny J.

Before anyone asks me something else I only know what I just said, I have no connection to Johnny J or his fam whatsoever.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:17:02 PM »
I knew a guy who was friends with Johnny J's older bro. He said Johnny J was murdered by Mexicans because he couldn't speak Spanish and they accused him of "acting Black" so they killed him. The saddest part was Johnny J was only supposed to be there for the weekend.

RIP Johnny J.

Before anyone asks me something else I only know what I just said, I have no connection to Johnny J or his fam whatsoever.
[/quote

i NEVER bought the "suicide" talk about his death...such a damn shame that jails are in such bad condition that ppl can get murdered and it gets covered up

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »
Interesting... Sounds like Johnny J may have been the most loyal person to 2pac from a fans perspective.  Obviously, Afeni being his mom she's always going to be the most loyal, but in some cases she's blocked some of his material or held it up from coming out.
There's been conflicting reports.  Johnny J has obviously overplayed his value as a producer in the 2000s.  I understand that making beats is how he paid his bills, but he supposedly was asking for a lot more money than what he was worth, especially considering it's not like he made quality beats that ended up being hot radio singles at that time.  There was an interview he did the year he passed away where he claimed that he wasn't asking for a lot but didn't want to say the number, then he eventually said that it "wasn't even 10 G's a beat."  Someone on the forums in the know said that that wasn't accurate, and that's just how much he wanted for beats toward Outlawz albums, while what he supposedly wanted for beats toward Pac albums was more than that.  He did get cocky, as in that same interview, he was saying that he thought he was better than Dr. Dre.

why for?

who knows...but it's been said that when Johnny J allegedly "hung himself" he was really murdered
I thought that the reports at the time were that he jumped off of a tier or something.  Though like you said, there was speculation that he may have been thrown off rather than having committed suicide.  It could go either way.  More on that after the next quote...

In the California jail and prison systems, the Mexicans have heavy representation.  But like a lot of the non-black and non-white inmates, a lot of them stick together but part of it is being able to speak in your native tongue, as a lot of the Asian races do as well.  But Johnny J was raised mostly around black people and was close to them and was never too entrenched in the culture of his heritage.  That puts you at a serious disadvantage when you're locked up, unless you rep a gang typically of another race in a heavy fashion, then they might get your back.  But JJ was just a producer who unfortunately wasn't Mexican enough for the Mexicans in the system, and none of the other races had any obligation to back him up.  So he knew it was going to be a tough fight.

He wasn't necessarily supposed to only be locked up for a weekend.  He got busted for a DUI, which is typically an overnighter or a weekend stay, but it wasn't his first.  I believe it was his third or so, and at that point, you're going to be doing at least a few months.  So combine that, his lack of connections in the system and the fact that he wasn't making a lot of money at the time (which meant that he likely wouldn't have been able to have good legal representation while his family might be hurting for money as well since he was likely the breadwinner), that might have sent him over the edge if he really did take that route.  But frankly I don't see the Mexican inmates going at him like that -- it would be more the other races who would likely prey on him since they knew that the Mexicans might not have his back.

EDIT: R.I.P. Johnny J

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
Johnny J had no reason to off himself

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »
That's how it was described to me...Some of the Mexicans started speaking in Spanish and when he told them he couldn't speak it they said he betrayed his race and grabbed him.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 10:35:44 PM »
That's how it was described to me...Some of the Mexicans started speaking in Spanish and when he told them he couldn't speak it they said he betrayed his race and grabbed him.
I just don't see that being the case.  Johnny J was born in Mexico, and the vast majority of Mexicans from that age group (and even decades younger than that) are taught Spanish during their upbringing, even if its stateside.  So it's a safe bet to assume that he probably could at least understand Spanish.  I could be wrong, but it's just not likely.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 12:24:36 AM »
He referred in interviews to the fact that he couldn't speak Spanish.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
But just because you can't speak a language doesn't necessarily mean you can't understand it. You just might not be able to communicate back.

Either way, I still don't think he got killed. Again, seeing how he was a repeat DUI offender and likely not with a big retirement fund in the bank, he may have been worried to the point where he went over the edge.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »
I would say that's quite a reach IMO, but I respect your opinion.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
That's cool.  But he wasn't only going to be doing time for a weekend.  They might release him, but when he goes to court as a repeat DUI offender (and it's not likely he was going to beat the charge), he'd very likely have been convicted and sentenced to 90 days, maybe even a year, depending on how many he had before.  (I work a lot with clients who have DUIs in California.)  That's a loooong time to someone with a family and not a lot of money in the bank with no one to really turn to in the jails.