Author Topic: Been a member of DUBCC since 2005, what happened to this place?  (Read 1840 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Been a member of DUBCC since 2005, what happened to this place?
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »
The PM is still dry. I guess nobody wants to see this place revived.

Fraxxx

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »
Look where the "New West" mothafuckers are at right now. Theres no one relevant other than Black Hippy guys.

Black Hippy really deserves a lot of credit for keeping their words and releasing shit for people to keep interest in west.

I think that has a lot to do with proper management on their side. Keep releasing mixtapes to build interest but dish out an album when the time is right, for fuck's sake! That's where a lot of rappers or, like I think their respective management, fail. And IMO that's the strength of TDE, securing good deals (musicwise, I don't know or care bout the financial aspect) for their artists.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »
What happened?

Simple, the west coast fell off and there are only sheep in Compton.

Its Tyme For Blunts

• Banned
  • 'G'
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2013, 09:34:52 AM »
been a member since 06, been banned like a million times but im back, higher then ever #revivedubcc

sofdark

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »
Look where the "New West" mothafuckers are at right now. Theres no one relevant other than Black Hippy guys.

Black Hippy really deserves a lot of credit for keeping their words and releasing shit for people to keep interest in west.

I think that has a lot to do with proper management on their side. Keep releasing mixtapes to build interest but dish out an album when the time is right, for fuck's sake! That's where a lot of rappers or, like I think their respective management, fail. And IMO that's the strength of TDE, securing good deals (musicwise, I don't know or care bout the financial aspect) for their artists.

I agree man. Crooked should've came out with B.O.S.S. right after the first hip-hop weekly and Bishop should've dropped Reformation right after the departure from the Math. Going indie isn't so bad. Shit look at Macklemore and Mac Miller.

Fraxxx

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:12 AM »

I agree man. Crooked should've came out with B.O.S.S. right after the first hip-hop weekly and Bishop should've dropped Reformation right after the departure from the Math. Going indie isn't so bad. Shit look at Macklemore and Mac Miller.

This! Would he have gone gold? Fuck no, but he would've got rid of the pressure. Crook is scared as fuck of going wood IMO, only problem is that that situation's getting worse and worse. Had he released an album years ago, releasing a second and third would've been much easier and he might be closer to droppin the classic he wants to drop. And since he is indie, the only thing holding him back is himself.

Macklemore is a prime example for how it should be done (even though nobody can guarantee you that kind of success). Nice coincidence that he got features from two TDE artists.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2013, 11:27:12 AM »
i've been posting on/checking dubcc less since last year i think, there's not much going on anymore
[quote author=Rebel w/o Cause link=topic=296188.msg2905902#msg2905902 date
Maybe a 90's section so the old timers such as me can discuss about old artists, a "new gen" section i mean everybody should find his place on this forum.

Word! I've been thinking the same thing but I never made a thread about it because since the majority on this forum are stuck in the 90's and its been proven. I can make a troll thread of anything with Dr Dre or snoop dogg title and it will get more views than any quality thread out there.
There should be a two sub forums 90's era generation and new current rappers.
Categorize new rappers who have been out since 06' - 07' till now as new and anyone before that old and crusty.
And mods deffenatley need to update the forum with the news as most of us don't even check the front page as often.
Give it a test run and see how it works out. I will deffenatly check out both forums as I'm still a fan of the old school but I also want to see more news on dom Kennedy, veggies, nip hustle, TDE etc....
i think only a handful of people will post in a 'new' section

Theres really not much to talk about. Our coast is full of rappers who think they can save the west when they can't even release their first album. I mean what the fuck is Crooked and Bishop thinking? They caught Hittman syndrome for big time.

I think Kendrick was the only dude who got hyped and actually release material for his fanbase to spread around the world. Look where the "New West" mothafuckers are at right now. Theres no one relevant other than Black Hippy guys.

i agree, bishop should have released his album already, it's taking way too long now.

Mietek23

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »
i agree, bishop should have released his album already, it's taking way too long now.

His popularity decreased a lot since Kendrick and TDE blew up so I don't see this happen no time soon... he will prolly sit on his debut album like Crooked did years back which is a real shame.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »
but at least Crooked is making moves in the industry still  (dropping that Psalm project with 18 original songs on it last summer, touring with Slaughterhouse etc)

Bishop?  he's a ghost sadly