Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3707 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« on: March 20, 2013, 05:33:50 PM »
1.  Jay-Z  - totally average rapper at best.  Dude is naturally a monotone rapper, who decided later in his career to start using his voice more but it just sounded forced and manufactured.  Boring flow, and a personality not nearly eccentric enough to entertain.   .   

2.  Jay-Z - This dude sells off of image alone.  As far as materialistic monotone rappers go, I would put Mase way ahead of Jigga.  At least Mase is somewhat entertaining because he's an all original character

3.  Jay-Z - Just compare the Jigga version of "Renegade" with the Royce version and you will see how wack Jigga is.  Best thing he ever did in his career was writing "Still Dre".  For that, and that alone I give him props.

Honorable mentions:

Jay- Z   -  This dude never had one decent album his whole career.  People say Reasonable Doubt is dope, but I was big into hip-hop in 96 and nobody I knew was fuckin with this album.  It just became some fashionable thing to say, because Jay has so many great connections in the industry and is a marketing genius he was able to make people believe he was dope.  If enough people say it the lie becomes the truth.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Its Tyme For Blunts

• Banned
  • 'G'
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:41:52 PM »
tupac
biggie
soulja boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
Wayne - Theres people who think hes GOAT lol
Em - SSLP & MMLP was hot. Everything after hot garbage.
Jay - Only considered GOAT among casual fans n people who worship money. Most successful =/=most talented

Honorable mention to Busta & Meth for makin legendary careers out of bein average rappers
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:24:13 PM by BiggSadot »
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:31:01 PM »
lil wayne
jay z (career wise but he was great in the 1990s)
young jeezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
Wayne - Theres people who think hes GOAT lol
Em - SSLP & MMLP was hot. Everything after hot garbage.
Jay - Only considered GOAT among casual fans n people who worship money. Most successful =/=most talented

Honorable mention to Busta & Meth for makin legendary careers out of bein average rappers

You don't think Eminem Show was a great album?   What is wrong with that album?  It's flawless.

As for Jay-Z your exactly right.   

Busta, agreed.  I like hiim as a person so I'm not going to beat up on him too much, but he's probably the most over-rated after Jay-Z.

Meth is one of the all time greats even though he failed to put together any classic solo's.  His career in Wu-tang was enough, and he did have a half-dozen or so classic solo joints.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »
1.  Jay-Z  - totally average rapper at best.  Dude is naturally a monotone rapper, who decided later in his career to start using his voice more but it just sounded forced and manufactured.  Boring flow, and a personality not nearly eccentric enough to entertain.   .   

2.  Jay-Z - This dude sells off of image alone.  As far as materialistic monotone rappers go, I would put Mase way ahead of Jigga.  At least Mase is somewhat entertaining because he's an all original character

3.  Jay-Z - Just compare the Jigga version of "Renegade" with the Royce version and you will see how wack Jigga is.  Best thing he ever did in his career was writing "Still Dre".  For that, and that alone I give him props.

Honorable mentions:

Jay- Z   -  This dude never had one decent album his whole career.  People say Reasonable Doubt is dope, but I was big into hip-hop in 96 and nobody I knew was fuckin with this album.  It just became some fashionable thing to say, because Jay has so many great connections in the industry and is a marketing genius he was able to make people believe he was dope.  If enough people say it the lie becomes the truth.
hahahahahaha

i was gonna put jay-z for all 3 too.

nigga gets his ass kissed so much its pathetic. and u know its bad when you got old white ladies quoting his lyrics n shit trying to impress someone.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »
i love how old washed up rappers ride the jocks of Jigga and Wayne to try to be relevant

didn't KRS once say Wayne was the best?  lmao 

midwestryder

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »
i love how old washed up rappers ride the jocks of Jigga and Wayne to try to be relevant

funny thing is KRs-1 is no washed up rapper . KRS-1 is the teacher,a hip hop legend , & a real mc.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »

funny thing is KRs-1 is no washed up rapper . KRS-1 is the teacher,a hip hop legend , & a real mc.

he's certainly not what he was 15 years ago

hell Biggie was alive and called him out on falling off lol

midwestryder

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 08:54:28 PM »

you mean biggie the bitter. the guy who stole his flow from Big daddy kane . biggie was full of shit then . . Biggie is most overrated rapper in history ever

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:56:22 PM »

you mean biggie the bitter. the guy who stole his flow from Big daddy kane . biggie was full of shit then . . Biggie is most overrated rapper in history ever
i heard your favorite rapper after nelly is john cena lol

im from Poland
LOL!

midwestryder

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »

one nelly is not my favorite ,dumbass . Nelly is a real life friend of mines .  2pac is my favorite rapper of all time .after 2pac i don't have another favorite . i am fan of some manying MC's i don't have another favorite after 2pac . i am fan of EPMD,cypress hill,eric b & rakim,Big daddy kane, treachros 3, LL cool j, wu-tang clan, outkast, goodie mob, the geto boys, NWA, CMW, SSC ,King tee, ice t, tha liks, freddie foxxx, snoop dogg, dogg pound, too short, e-40 & the click, kool g rap,Big K.r.i.t.,tito lopez,black hippy, heavy d & boyz,PEte rock & cl smooth,redman, curren$y,celly cell,pac div,spice 1,Run DMC,nemisis, gangstarr,Bone thugs, do or die, ras kass,mobb deep,nas, xzibit,& many more.    don't bring wrestling or john cena in to this ,hater.  . this is about music & nothing else,child.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »

one nelly is not my favorite ,dumbass . Nelly is a real life friend of mines .  2pac is my favorite rapper of all time .after 2pac i don't have another favorite . i am fan of some manying MC's i don't have another favorite after 2pac . i am fan of EPMD,cypress hill,eric b & rakim,Big daddy kane, treachros 3, LL cool j, wu-tang clan, outkast, goodie mob, the geto boys, NWA, CMW, SSC ,King tee, ice t, tha liks, freddie foxxx, snoop dogg, dogg pound, too short, e-40 & the click, kool g rap,Big K.r.i.t.,tito lopez,black hippy, heavy d & boyz,PEte rock & cl smooth,redman, curren$y,celly cell,pac div,spice 1,Run DMC,nemisis, gangstarr,Bone thugs, do or die, ras kass,mobb deep,nas, xzibit,& many more.    don't bring wrestling or john cena in to this ,hater.  . this is about music & nothing else,child.
i saw some rappers and wrestler's names in that post, but i couldn't understand anything else.

im from Poland
LOL!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »
Nelly is another over rated artist....he and Wayne ruined hip hop