Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3863 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »
Kendrick has the same problem as TI. For his time and for his region, yes he deserves the praise. But dude ain't an all-time great. At least with Kendrick, you can say not yet. Let him get some albums under his belt and some consistency. As for TI, dude was the best in the south from 2006-2009 when he got that gun charge. He had a great run, but that run don't make him a top 10, or top 25, or even top 50 rapper. (though I personally put him in the top 50, but looks like many don't) But best in the south from 2006-2009 ain't exactly saying much. Right now, Kendrick is the best in the west, but that's not saying much.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2013, 05:10:47 AM »
Useless Threads - - Do not create thread titles to instigate arguments.  Eg. "My Fav. Artist > Your Fav Artist", "So and So = Wack" etc. These type of threads only result in pointless arguments.

This thread is in direct violation of the Dubcc forum rules.

Looks like I am a global mod. This thread looks good to me

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2013, 11:00:35 AM »
This thread is stupid because even Tupac & Biggie have been called overrated. Anyone whose on top is "overrated".

Now because NIK is mad Kendrick doesn't sound like Eazy-E, he's "overrated", even though his random freestyles are lyrically twenty lightyears ahead of Eazy.

Eminem's "overrated" despite SSLP, MMLP & The Eminem Show being three albums I'd put toe to toe with almost any album that's come out in the last decade.

Jay-Z is hands down a top ten artist of all-time, but he's overrated because these West Coast kids don't fuck with his recent mainstream sound.

An overrated rapper is someone like Lil' Wayne, Drake, Big Sean or a handful of rappers from recent memory who have pretty much accomplished nothing but get praise like they have.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »
An overrated rapper is someone like Lil' Wayne, Drake, Big Sean or a handful of rappers from recent memory who have pretty much accomplished nothing but get praise like they have.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Remedy360

« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:45 PM »

Now because NIK is mad Kendrick doesn't sound like Eazy-E, he's "overrated", even though his random freestyles are lyrically twenty lightyears ahead of Eazy.

I've defended Kendrick a lot on here, he's one of my favorite rappers currently, just the fact that people are already comparing GKMC to Illmatic is crazy. The fact that he's already being proclaimed as one of the greatest ever leads me to say he's overrated. When all is said and done we can talk but everytime someone new and exciting comes along people are ready to call them king, just give it some time (and again that's speaking as a huge fan).

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2013, 01:59:56 PM »

I've defended Kendrick a lot on here, he's one of my favorite rappers currently, just the fact that people are already comparing GKMC to Illmatic is crazy. The fact that he's already being proclaimed as one of the greatest ever leads me to say he's overrated. When all is said and done we can talk but everytime someone new and exciting comes along people are ready to call them king, just give it some time (and again that's speaking as a huge fan).
8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
Though there as that moment when Snoop and Game passed him the torch. I am all for saying he's the King of the West, the King should not be anywhere close to 40 years old, let along over 40, and doing reggae albums.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2013, 02:06:20 PM »
Though there as that moment when Snoop and Game passed him the torch. I am all for saying he's the King of the West, the King should not be anywhere close to 40 years old, let along over 40, and doing reggae albums.
eazy e will always be king of the coast without him snoop or kendrick wouldn't be here.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
eazy e will always be king of the coast without him snoop or kendrick wouldn't be here.

And the King should be alive. LOL.

Actually I'd say Ice Cube is the overall king, without Cube there is no Eazy.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »

LOL shit if it wasn't for eazy e ice cube would be a architech right now.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »

Nah, Cube wrote the lyrics, without Cube, Eazy never gets in the booth all night with Dre, Cube writes lyrics for CIA and Cube maybe an architech and we might be calling Ice T king.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:39 PM »

Nah, Cube wrote the lyrics, without Cube, Eazy never gets in the booth all night with Dre, Cube writes lyrics for CIA and Cube maybe an architech and we might be calling Ice T king.
i'll give cube his props he did write boyz n the hood and a couple other joints for eazy but that's where it stops for me. eazy was gonna make it wit or without cube.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »

i'll give cube his props he did write boyz n the hood and a couple other joints for eazy but that's where it stops for me. eazy was gonna make it wit or without cube.

I don't know, first Eazy didn't want to be a main act, Dre suggested it because of his voice. Then Dre of all people had to coach him on how to rap, and then he had Cube and DOC teach him how to write. Eazy was in the middle of the perfect storm.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2013, 03:02:15 PM »

I don't know, first Eazy didn't want to be a main act, Dre suggested it because of his voice. Then Dre of all people had to coach him on how to rap, and then he had Cube and DOC teach him how to write. Eazy was in the middle of the perfect storm.
that's true. he learned how to write from the best.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2013, 04:13:23 PM »

Yeah, but whose saying shit like that? A dumbass like Radiotube or Brian? Can't let one idiot formulate your opinion. All I know of Kendrick is that between Section .80 & Good Kid M.A.A.D City, he's a great rapper. He shouldn't be considered "overrated". Big Sean being considered a "great rapper" in the the same class as anyone with skill is a proper way to call someone "overrated".

It's kind of like people compare Kobe to Jordan. I don't think Kobe is "overrated" because of that comparison when Jordan is obviously miles ahead of that kid. But if a large group of people considered Monta Ellis to be in Jordan's class, I'd say Monta's overrated lol.