Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3885 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »
Big Sean being considered a "great rapper"

Hold up....you don't think his chorus on Ass was lyrical?

midwestryder

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2013, 10:47:46 PM »
See, people say overrated and I'd never put Eminem on there. From 1999-2002 he was a beast and no one was touching him. Every rapper falls off eventually. Rakim was great from 1986-1990, KRS-One was the same at that same time period. Snoop was on top from 1992-1995. Rap is a young man's game, so when I look at overrated, I don't look at who was great and then fell off, I look at who just was never good.

good point...you would have to put Nelly up there in terms of his success and him never being that good...probably Ja Rule as well

Oh, that's true. But I never hear anyone put Ja and Nelly in any GOAT ranking. The ones I listed, I hear GOAT or legend next to their names. Lil' Wayne is not top 20, Lil' Kim MAYBE is top 5 female but not GOAT female like everyone thinks, and Dre and Eazy never wrote their rhymes so it's hard for me to call them legend. BUT Ja and Nelly, in their times were commercial, so I have a hard time saying they are overrated because no one ever called them GOAT of anything. Still, I'd say they are highly overrated rappers in general, never really good and were products of the Bling Era of Hip-Hop when just about anything sold.
eazy e not a legend and didn't write rhymes ? check it's on and str.8 off the streetz of compton he also wrote on zaggin4efil.

http://www.discogs.com/Eazy-E-Str8-Off-Tha-Streetz-Of-Muthaphukkin-Compton/release/873783
5 out of 13 songs were written by Eazy. And not his strong songs on this album.

I own all Eazy E albums and all N.W.A. albums. If there is one thing I know, it's Eazy E. Never said I didn't like Eazy or Dre, but I wouldn't call them rap legends. A great businessman and great producer, yes. Rappers, no.

no, you can call Eazy-E & Dr. dre rap legends but you can not call them hip hop legends . yes, eazy-e & dr dre were rappers not mc's .

midwestryder

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
See, people say overrated and I'd never put Eminem on there. From 1999-2002 he was a beast and no one was touching him. Every rapper falls off eventually. Rakim was great from 1986-1990, KRS-One was the same at that same time period. Snoop was on top from 1992-1995. Rap is a young man's game, so when I look at overrated, I don't look at who was great and then fell off, I look at who just was never good.

i'll take it a step further and say eminem 1996-2002 was a beast and nobody was touching him

even though i only liked about half of the eminem show the half i loved show he still had it  ("jesus, i don't believe this, bitch works at the cleaners, bringing me home diseases, swinging from Obie's penis"  lmao)

and infinite was lyrical gold....but a few of the beats were bland.
1996? eminem was not even around or known in 1996 . Eminem was not known till 1998 .
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:36:51 AM by midwestryder »

midwestryder

« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2013, 10:54:39 PM »
Shit all those guys I named > Em

none of them ever made an album as dope as the Slim Shady LP though

same reason I won't ever call Snoop the most over rated rapper without stipulating Snoop post-death row....cuz Snoop dropped Doggystyle and that's a top 5 album ever.
slim shady LP is way overratted . the Slim shady Lp was not that dope . beats & rhymes were not all that . marshall mathers Lp was better then slim shady lp. Raekwon,Talib kweli, & AZ all made better albums then Slim shady Lp. i still hate the first single aka my name is off the Slim shady Lp.

doggfather

« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2013, 01:24:50 AM »
tupac
biggie
lil wayne
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »

good point...you would have to put Nelly up there in terms of his success and him never being that good...probably Ja Rule as well

Oh, that's true. But I never hear anyone put Ja and Nelly in any GOAT ranking. The ones I listed, I hear GOAT or legend next to their names. Lil' Wayne is not top 20, Lil' Kim MAYBE is top 5 female but not GOAT female like everyone thinks, and Dre and Eazy never wrote their rhymes so it's hard for me to call them legend. BUT Ja and Nelly, in their times were commercial, so I have a hard time saying they are overrated because no one ever called them GOAT of anything. Still, I'd say they are highly overrated rappers in general, never really good and were products of the Bling Era of Hip-Hop when just about anything sold.
eazy e not a legend and didn't write rhymes ? check it's on and str.8 off the streetz of compton he also wrote on zaggin4efil.

http://www.discogs.com/Eazy-E-Str8-Off-Tha-Streetz-Of-Muthaphukkin-Compton/release/873783
5 out of 13 songs were written by Eazy. And not his strong songs on this album.

I own all Eazy E albums and all N.W.A. albums. If there is one thing I know, it's Eazy E. Never said I didn't like Eazy or Dre, but I wouldn't call them rap legends. A great businessman and great producer, yes. Rappers, no.

no, you can call Eazy-E & Dr. dre rap legends but you can not call them hip hop legends . yes, eazy-e & dr dre were rappers not mc's .
eazy e is a hip hop legend and is important to the culture as anyone else in hip hop yesterday, today, & tomorrow.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »

i'll take it a step further and say eminem 1996-2002 was a beast and nobody was touching him

even though i only liked about half of the eminem show the half i loved show he still had it  ("jesus, i don't believe this, bitch works at the cleaners, bringing me home diseases, swinging from Obie's penis"  lmao)

1996? eminem was not even around or known in 1996 . Eminem was not known till 1998 .

his debut album was from 96

Sccit

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2013, 05:41:22 PM »

Now because NIK is mad Kendrick doesn't sound like Eazy-E, he's "overrated", even though his random freestyles are lyrically twenty lightyears ahead of Eazy.

I've defended Kendrick a lot on here, he's one of my favorite rappers currently, just the fact that people are already comparing GKMC to Illmatic is crazy. The fact that he's already being proclaimed as one of the greatest ever leads me to say he's overrated. When all is said and done we can talk but everytime someone new and exciting comes along people are ready to call them king, just give it some time (and again that's speaking as a huge fan).

Yeah, but whose saying shit like that? A dumbass like Radiotube or Brian? Can't let one idiot formulate your opinion. All I know of Kendrick is that between Section .80 & Good Kid M.A.A.D City, he's a great rapper. He shouldn't be considered "overrated". Big Sean being considered a "great rapper" in the the same class as anyone with skill is a proper way to call someone "overrated".

It's kind of like people compare Kobe to Jordan. I don't think Kobe is "overrated" because of that comparison when Jordan is obviously miles ahead of that kid. But if a large group of people considered Monta Ellis to be in Jordan's class, I'd say Monta's overrated lol.

kendrick is not kobe....he's like dion waiters getting treated like kobe right about now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »
Well if he's "Dion Waiters" in your mind then he's obviously underrated.

midwestryder

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »

Infinite does not count as Eminem real debut . no one knew who was & no one could really get that album . Infinite is like kendricks E.p. OR section 80. eminem slim shady lp is debut just like kendrick lamars debut is good kid m.A.A.d city. unlike kendrick e.p or section 80 that you could get easily off the internet you could not get Infinite that easy even in 1996.

Remedy360

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »

Infinite does not count as Eminem real debut . no one knew who was & no one could really get that album . Infinite is like kendricks E.p. OR section 80. eminem slim shady lp is debut just like kendrick lamars debut is good kid m.A.A.d city. unlike kendrick e.p or section 80 that you could get easily off the internet you could not get Infinite that easy even in 1996.

Sure, but to say he was "not around" is false.

midwestryder

« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2013, 11:32:41 PM »

no it is not when he was not herd or seen in 1996 on any real hip hop shows or radio . eminem was so underground in 1996 that he wass more underground then the underground hip hop of 1996.

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2013, 12:52:13 AM »
Eazy-E the most overrated rapper of all time ::)

Sccit

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2013, 08:22:28 AM »
Well if he's "Dion Waiters" in your mind then he's obviously underrated.

why? Dion is a good rookie with a high ceiling and nice potential. exactly like Kendrick.. he's shown flashes of excellence, but has yet to accomplish enough to rank him with the greats. it's a great comparison. as of today, he's nowhere near Kobe (2Pac), Bird (Eminem), Shaq (Biggie), or Jordan (Rakim).

Sccit

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »

no it is not when he was not herd or seen in 1996 on any real hip hop shows or radio . eminem was so underground in 1996 that he wass more underground then the underground hip hop of 1996.

doesnt matter, his original statement was that no one was fuckin with eminem lyrically at that time...doesnt matter how big he was, as an emcee, he came out the gates beastin.