Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3901 times)

KrazySumwhat

Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 12:00:14 AM »
 Yeah i'd probably say jay-z n Biggie even though both are not whack. i just think over rated.
 I'd even say Big-L. dude was dope but i think people over praise him because he's dead.
 Um, yeah 50 cent or lil Wayne i guess.
 DMX? but really though i dont think i've heard enough of some of these guys music to fairly judge them.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 12:12:56 AM »
people don't praise Big L cuz he's dead they praise him because he's one of the best rhymers ever

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 12:15:25 AM »
jay-z was the first one that popped into my mind. kanye, lil wayne..all the rappers who claim greatest rapper alive but are really no where close.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 12:17:45 AM »
i love how old washed up rappers ride the jocks of Jigga and Wayne to try to be relevant

didn't KRS once say Wayne was the best?  lmao 
funny thing is KRs-1 is no washed up rapper . KRS-1 is the teacher,a hip hop legend , & a real mc.

he's certainly not what he was 15 years ago

hell Biggie was alive and called him out on falling off lol
you mean biggie the bitter. the guy who stole his flow from Big daddy kane . biggie was full of shit then . . Biggie is most overrated rapper in history ever
i heard your favorite rapper after nelly is john cena lol
one nelly is not my favorite ,dumbass . Nelly is a real life friend of mines .  2pac is my favorite rapper of all time .after 2pac i don't have another favorite . i am fan of some manying MC's i don't have another favorite after 2pac . i am fan of EPMD,cypress hill,eric b & rakim,Big daddy kane, treachros 3, LL cool j, wu-tang clan, outkast, goodie mob, the geto boys, NWA, CMW, SSC ,King tee, ice t, tha liks, freddie foxxx, snoop dogg, dogg pound, too short, e-40 & the click, kool g rap,Big K.r.i.t.,tito lopez,black hippy, heavy d & boyz,PEte rock & cl smooth,redman, curren$y,celly cell,pac div,spice 1,Run DMC,nemisis, gangstarr,Bone thugs, do or die, ras kass,mobb deep,nas, xzibit,& many more.    don't bring wrestling or john cena in to this ,hater.  . this is about music & nothing else,child.

dude actually has legit taste. i think nelly is hands down the worst rapper he likes.

midwestryder

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 02:32:33 AM »
i love how old washed up rappers ride the jocks of Jigga and Wayne to try to be relevant

didn't KRS once say Wayne was the best?  lmao 
funny thing is KRs-1 is no washed up rapper . KRS-1 is the teacher,a hip hop legend , & a real mc.

he's certainly not what he was 15 years ago

hell Biggie was alive and called him out on falling off lol
you mean biggie the bitter. the guy who stole his flow from Big daddy kane . biggie was full of shit then . . Biggie is most overrated rapper in history ever
i heard your favorite rapper after nelly is john cena lol
one nelly is not my favorite ,dumbass . Nelly is a real life friend of mines .  2pac is my favorite rapper of all time .after 2pac i don't have another favorite . i am fan of some manying MC's i don't have another favorite after 2pac . i am fan of EPMD,cypress hill,eric b & rakim,Big daddy kane, treachros 3, LL cool j, wu-tang clan, outkast, goodie mob, the geto boys, NWA, CMW, SSC ,King tee, ice t, tha liks, freddie foxxx, snoop dogg, dogg pound, too short, e-40 & the click, kool g rap,Big K.r.i.t.,tito lopez,black hippy, heavy d & boyz,PEte rock & cl smooth,redman, curren$y,celly cell,pac div,spice 1,Run DMC,nemisis, gangstarr,Bone thugs, do or die, ras kass,mobb deep,nas, xzibit,& many more.    don't bring wrestling or john cena in to this ,hater.  . this is about music & nothing else,child.
i saw some rappers and wrestler's names in that post, but i couldn't understand anything else.
It is not my fault you can not read.

midwestryder

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 02:35:50 AM »
Nelly is another over rated artist....he and Wayne ruined hip hop
stop with that ignorant bullshit . nelly had nothing to do with with hip hop being ruined . it was ruined before nelly was around by Biggie,puffy,mase, Lil wayne & cash money .  hip hop was already ruined before nelly was around . so stop bringing up his name .

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 02:47:12 AM »
people don't praise Big L cuz he's dead they praise him because he's one of the best rhymers ever
Yeah he was good. I guess some people act he was the greatest ever. Maybe i need to go back an listen to more of his stuff.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 03:27:21 AM »
Lil Wayne after 2004.
Flo Rida-he's nothing special but he keeps getting a lot of pub ???
Soulja boy
Hurricane Chris
I guess another one is T.I.  he got some good songs & there's a couple of T.I. albums I like.  But overrated as in him thinking he's king of the south.  I'm not the only one who feels that its Outkast who's the real kings of the south.  Could it be Scarface or UGK?  Perhaps, I haven't heard enough of their songs to make judgment on them.  He's done some overrated songs like Rubberband Man, you know what it is, & whatever you like....gay song. 
Busta Rhymes after E.L.E. fell off after that album.
I haven't heard enough of KRS One songs, feel like calling him overrated.  3 songs of his I like.  Need to hear more to judge.
Tyga
I hardly call any rapper overrated.  I might do it when I know an artist or group sucks but the media & industry saying they all that.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 05:51:25 AM »
1.  Jay-Z  - totally average rapper at best.  Dude is naturally a monotone rapper, who decided later in his career to start using his voice more but it just sounded forced and manufactured.  Boring flow, and a personality not nearly eccentric enough to entertain.   .   

2.  Jay-Z - This dude sells off of image alone.  As far as materialistic monotone rappers go, I would put Mase way ahead of Jigga.  At least Mase is somewhat entertaining because he's an all original character

3.  Jay-Z - Just compare the Jigga version of "Renegade" with the Royce version and you will see how wack Jigga is.  Best thing he ever did in his career was writing "Still Dre".  For that, and that alone I give him props.

Honorable mentions:

Jay- Z   -  This dude never had one decent album his whole career.  People say Reasonable Doubt is dope, but I was big into hip-hop in 96 and nobody I knew was fuckin with this album.  It just became some fashionable thing to say, because Jay has so many great connections in the industry and is a marketing genius he was able to make people believe he was dope.  If enough people say it the lie becomes the truth.
hahahahahaha

i was gonna put jay-z for all 3 too.

nigga gets his ass kissed so much its pathetic. and u know its bad when you got old white ladies quoting his lyrics n shit trying to impress someone.

Thats why its so funny when these dudes brag about Grammys when them shits is most likely voted on by old white muhfuckers who dont even listen to hip hop like that.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 05:59:35 AM »

PREACH!

...still would like to see where Big dissed him though.  I honestly can't say I've bumped much of his music.  But I respect his skills and respect him as maybe the highest authority on hip-hop.  He only said the thing about Wayne being great because he was using him for that stop the violence thing.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
If I was answering this a year ago is have probably said Crooked I but the thing is dude can spit and lyrically he ticks all the boxes. I do feel he gets over hyped but thats limited to the fanboys really

In terms of most overrated of all time u got to look at what a wider audience are saying

1 Lil Wayne. When Carter IV dropped you had people saying they'd listened to the album back to back 24/7 since it dropped and quoting lyrics like its some biblical shit. Wayne is a capable rapper but he's mad weird and corney as fuck and his delivery is now dumbed down to slomo. A verse from this guy is like a train wreck on a track most times and it just stops dead

2 Drake. I'm not going to rip on him too much. He's a pop rapper who's good at what he does and hell he sells more than everyone else's favourite rappers combined. His music will never appeal to me because its straight ringtone shit that sounds good for a minute then u forget it when the next song comes on. People get real deep about his wordplay but he ain't anything serious or deep musically IMO

3 Joe Buddon. Dudes voice sounds awful on the mic, he don't ride a beat or flow well. I never heard a lyric that impressed me. His deep stuff is immature. Shit is the opposite of a good MC to me. The fact that anyone rates him as a serious artist is cause to say he's overrated

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:26 AM »
I ain't gonna hate on Drake, he's one of the best today and that's not saying much at all. But most people put him as one of the best today so I have no problem with that. He doesn't even touch top 50 of all time though.

Most overrated:

3. Lil' Wayne: Unlike Drake, I heard people put him as one of the GOATs, which he is not even close. I have listened to almost all of his albums, I actually enjoy a song or two, but I just don't see him as one of the greatest ever. Of his era, I'd put TI and Young Jeezy over him.

2. Lil' Kim: I see her ranked as the GOAT in terms of female rappers, like we forget about Queen Latifah and Miss Hill. L-Boogie had more skill than any female I ever heard, and Latifah was that nice mix of hardcore rapper but still feminine. Not as feminine as Hill, but enough. Lil' Kim was just raunchy and did it better than others, but she was not as good as these ladies, or I'd even say Rah Digga.

1. (tie) Eazy E and Dr. Dre: Neither wrote their own rhymes, both considered legends. If you rank Dr. Dre as a producer, yeah his the best Hip-Hop producer ever. Eazy E as a businessman, yeah dude was a great businessman. But as rappers, neither is close to great.

I guess another one is T.I.  he got some good songs & there's a couple of T.I. albums I like.  But overrated as in him thinking he's king of the south.  I'm not the only one who feels that its Outkast who's the real kings of the south.  Could it be Scarface or UGK?  Perhaps, I haven't heard enough of their songs to make judgment on them.  He's done some overrated songs like Rubberband Man, you know what it is, & whatever you like....gay song. 

I think it's hard to compare TI to anyone in the south not in his era. I'd agree he's not as good as Scarface or UGK or Outkast. But in his era it was TI, Lil' Wayne and Young Geezy and I'd easily put TI over those guys. In his time, he was King of the South. I mean that's not saying he's a great rapper all time, but the best in his region during his time.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »
eminem
eminem and eminem

the only barriers he broke was first white rapper to gain acceptance and first rapper to rap so frequently about drugs and weiner.

his shit never sounded that original to me because i grew up off kool g rap and masta ace DITC etc...if nas or lord finesse or someone said that shit it would have either been over looked or censored. im not saying hes not good but hes not better then master ace or kool g rap. hes not better then nas or any of the niggas he got inspired by.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 10:13:37 AM »
eminem
eminem and eminem

the only barriers he broke was first white rapper to gain acceptance and first rapper to rap so frequently about drugs and weiner.

his shit never sounded that original to me because i grew up off kool g rap and masta ace DITC etc...if nas or lord finesse or someone said that shit it would have either been over looked or censored. im not saying hes not good but hes not better then master ace or kool g rap. hes not better then nas or any of the niggas he got inspired by.

but lyrically, eminem in his prime could stand toe-to-toe with anyone, which is why he's not overrated

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »
joe budden is a great one too...never really got what people saw in him. i mean, if peeps said he was good or above average, fine. but u got cats who swear by him like he a hip-hop great, which he's FAR from.