Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3907 times)

Sccit

Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
If Life After Death and Wu Tang Forever were one disc, then they'd be classics. Blueprint 2 was another album that should have been one disc. AEOM was a great collection of songs. I do guess I don't look at it as high as 7DT and MATW because I just love that album feel with the skits and sort of a flow. MATW and 7DT also had a certain sound to each of them that if you heard a song, you knew it was from that album. MATW was more mellow and reflective, 7DT was rough and full of rage. AEOM was sort of, I'm out after a year in jail and this is the hottest music I got.

life after death is already a classic, and wu tang forever is pretty damn close itself.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »
If Life After Death and Wu Tang Forever were one disc, then they'd be classics. Blueprint 2 was another album that should have been one disc. AEOM was a great collection of songs. I do guess I don't look at it as high as 7DT and MATW because I just love that album feel with the skits and sort of a flow. MATW and 7DT also had a certain sound to each of them that if you heard a song, you knew it was from that album. MATW was more mellow and reflective, 7DT was rough and full of rage. AEOM was sort of, I'm out after a year in jail and this is the hottest music I got.

life after death is already a classic, and wu tang forever is pretty damn close itself.
life after death is a classic to biggie stans only

sadly you could tell Puffy's pop-rap influence was going to ruin his career had he not sadly been murdered

and wu tang forever had some bangers on it but a lot of filler

Sccit

« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »

life after death is a classic to biggie stans only

sadly you could tell Puffy's pop-rap influence was going to ruin his career had he not sadly been murdered

and wu tang forever had some bangers on it but a lot of filler

even the poppish tracks on "life after death" were great...it's just a hip-hop classic. when it came out, the impact it made, the biggie vs pac thing, the countless hits, theres no way it's not a classic....and i'm far from a biggie stan - i rarely even bump biggie.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »
i love kick in the door, long kiss, hypnotize, skys the limit etc. but ready to die was a lot better as an overall LP

Sccit

« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
i love kick in the door, long kiss, hypnotize, skys the limit etc. but ready to die was a lot better as an overall LP

"ready to die" was like "me against the world" and "life after death" was like "all eyez on me"....all classics, in their own respect

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »
Looking at Life After Death's tracklist again, man there were more than enough tracks to make a double disc. Like AEOM, there were a couple of songs I'd leave out, but it was still a good double disc. I'd say all of disc one was great, and half of disc two was great. Disc 2, you had some songs that started to fall of a bit, but what made disc two important was there were so many tracks with little shots at 2Pac. You could tell disc two was recorded before 'Pac's death. They even remixed Long Kiss Goodnight, as this was the original version. It was clearly a diss to 2Pac, but the official released version they took out parts that made it obvious. But it was a good double disc. Can't think of a way to cut it down to one disc.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wsYSxHgVjto?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wsYSxHgVjto?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »
Long Kiss was def made after pac's death

"resting where the worms and the wheat be"

"you got fucked 4 times"  (pac was shot 4x in vegas)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »

"resting where the worms and the wheat be"

I wrote a whole Junkyard on this back in 2003, about a couple of weeks before the LA Times article came out, on WC Killaz. It might have been recorded after 'Pac was shot, but before he died, because he seems to be yelling at a rapper still alive but rapping about 'Pac in the aftermath of Las Vegas.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »

that was a reference to the rumors of pac bein' raped while in rikers.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »

"you got fucked 4 times"  (pac was shot 4x in vegas)

Slugs hit your chest tap you spine, flatline
Heard through the grapevine, you got fucked fo' times

you really think he wasn't talking about getting shot?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:07:44 PM by George Jetson »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »

Slugs hit your chest tap you spine, flatline
Heard through the grapevine, you got fucked fo' times
Damn that three to nine, fucked you up for real doe

you really think he wasn't talking about getting shot?
nah i don't think biggie was that cold. he even threw shots at death row on what's beef: ''y'all was grimy in the early 90's''.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2013, 02:15:16 PM »
So to reiterate...nobody you guys are mentioning are "overrated".

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »

if lil wayne isn't over rated then nobody is

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2013, 02:25:56 PM »

He is. But Tupac, Biggie and Jay-Z are not lol.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »

He is. But Tupac, Biggie and Jay-Z are not lol.

Jay is over rated in the sense that people want to act like he never made a bad song or that he's some sort of rap god (a Jay hova lol)

but Jay is under rated in the sense that his haters overlook his amazing work before he was a billionaire  (i.e. people like Infinite)