Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3904 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 04:49:53 PM »
DYLAN
DYLAN
and
DYLAN

Or 1. Biggie...If he hadn't died, he would not be thought of in the same light.  2 Albums of material is not enough to cement a legacy as of the best rappers ever.  He was good no doubt, but he ain't what he's made out to be with hindsight.

2. Canibus....Now he has dropped some heat (Rip the Jacker) and there is no doubt he can rip shit up when his mind is right, he cannot create a cohesive album and has fallen the fuck off.  For someone so hyped up, he never lived up to his promise.

3. TI.....King of the south and all that, I find him to be a singles rapper.  He has some great songs, but I usually find only 1 or 2 on each of his albums.  He can get lazy a bit, and change pronunciations to make flows work which I find annoying.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2013, 05:21:48 PM »
DYLAN
DYLAN
and
DYLAN

Or 1. Biggie...If he hadn't died, he would not be thought of in the same light.  2 Albums of material is not enough to cement a legacy as of the best rappers ever.  He was good no doubt, but he ain't what he's made out to be with hindsight.

2. Canibus....Now he has dropped some heat (Rip the Jacker) and there is no doubt he can rip shit up when his mind is right, he cannot create a cohesive album and has fallen the fuck off.  For someone so hyped up, he never lived up to his promise.

3. TI.....King of the south and all that, I find him to be a singles rapper.  He has some great songs, but I usually find only 1 or 2 on each of his albums.  He can get lazy a bit, and change pronunciations to make flows work which I find annoying.
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Remedy360

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 06:07:35 PM »

Naah, everything he did from Infinite up until Eminem show was lyrically great.. He started slippin with Encore and only completely fell of with Recovery. But his prime, I'd say, was around the time 8 Mile dropped

Word... That's one hell of a run.  I wouldn't add the Infinite album (although it is dope, but he had not fully discovered himself yet),

Really? Listen/read some of his verses on there, his compounds/rhyme structures are incredible. Just cause he wasn't on the Slim Shady psycho shit doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked at as excellent material.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 09:25:11 PM »

Really? Listen/read some of his verses on there, his compounds/rhyme structures are incredible. Just cause he wasn't on the Slim Shady psycho shit doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked at as excellent material.

Em said that shit himself, so if you want to have your own opinion, that's cool.  I love the Infinite album too.  I mean, look at my fuckin name I straight jacked that shit from Eminem way back in 1999.   But it's obviously inferior to the Slim Shady LP, my sentiments are the same as the man who created it, so how can you argue with that?  
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:28:34 PM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2012 and 13' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »
i've always considered Talib to be a poor man's Mos Def

Id say Mos is more talented all around. He can rap, sing, shit even act. Toe to toe lyrically tho Kweli got him.

Mos may be more talented all around, but Talib still has the superior solo album with Train of Thought.  
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »

Em said that shit himself, so if you want to have your own opinion, that's cool.  I love the Infinite album too.  I mean, look at my fuckin name I straight jacked that shit from Eminem way back in 1999.   But it's obviously inferior to the Slim Shady LP, my sentiments are the same as the man who created it, so how can you argue with that?  

That's fine, my statement still stands. Just cause he hadn't found his hip hop personality or whatever you want to call it doesn't mean it wasn't a great album. I guess for me I prefer the straight hip hop style to a lot of the psychopath shit he spit on his next two albums so it's refreshing to listen to Infinte over his other stuff at times.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »
Just ban him.

bouli77

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2013, 10:33:35 PM »

usually what people think about their own efforts don't mean jackshit though, especially when they're on promo tours and say that their latest album is the best to date....

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »

usually what people think about their own efforts don't mean jackshit though, especially when they're on promo tours and say that their latest album is the best to date....

and it can also be construed as an artist who doesn't want to admit they fell off

Remedy360

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2013, 10:36:09 PM »

Kurupts comments about "Dogg Chit" being on par with "Dogg Food" come to mind.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »

Kurupts comments about "Dogg Chit" being on par with "Dogg Food" come to mind.

lol how can he say that with a straight face????

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

this is true...eminem show is not better than mmlp or sslp, no matter what em claimed. it might be a deeper album and more personal to him, but as far as the complete package goes, eminem produced most of eminem show and dre produced most of mmlp and some of sslp.. thats all that needs 2 be said.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2013, 11:04:06 PM »
sslp was prolly the closest dude got to a classic.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »
SSLP is a classic

only weak cut on there is My Name Is and even that song is okay when you play it in small doses

coulda done without most of the skits though....but the ken keniff call was hilarious

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2013, 11:15:17 PM »
sslp was prolly the closest dude got to a classic.

his first three are classics to me, eminem show is near classic (could be even argued a classic), encore was solid, relapse was good, recovery was trash.