Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3882 times)

Remedy360

Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2013, 11:24:52 PM »
sslp was prolly the closest dude got to a classic.

his first three are classics to me, eminem show is near classic (could be even argued a classic), encore was solid, relapse was good, recovery was trash.

Looking back at Encore it wasn't as bad as I thought overall, some nice cuts for sure. The bad tracks really stand out though, I mean, complete trash.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »

this is true...eminem show is not better than mmlp or sslp, no matter what em claimed. it might be a deeper album and more personal to him, but as far as the complete package goes, eminem produced most of eminem show and dre produced most of mmlp and some of sslp.. thats all that needs 2 be said.

that statement is not correct though.  Dre produced exactly 3 songs on SSLP and exactly 3 songs on Eminem Show.  So your Dre argument doesn't work.  If you want to say Marshal Mathers LP is better because Dre produced more of it, then fine.   You can make that arguement.  In fact, Dre said that the MMLP was the closest he ever came to a perfect album.   But your arguement doesn't work in regards to SSLP vs. Eminem Show.

Eminem honestly believed Eminem Show was his best album.  That wasn't just talk to try to sell the album.   He was in a zone at that time, everything he was saying and doing back then from music to interviews was real shit.   He hadn't fallen off yet.  Once he started falling off then he had to resort to advertisement and publicity, but from 98-2003 everything he did and said was real.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2013, 01:11:49 AM »

this is true...eminem show is not better than mmlp or sslp, no matter what em claimed. it might be a deeper album and more personal to him, but as far as the complete package goes, eminem produced most of eminem show and dre produced most of mmlp and some of sslp.. thats all that needs 2 be said.

that statement is not correct though.  Dre produced exactly 3 songs on SSLP and exactly 3 songs on Eminem Show.  So your Dre argument doesn't work.  If you want to say Marshal Mathers LP is better because Dre produced more of it, then fine.   You can make that arguement.  In fact, Dre said that the MMLP was the closest he ever came to a perfect album.   But your arguement doesn't work in regards to SSLP vs. Eminem Show.

Eminem honestly believed Eminem Show was his best album.  That wasn't just talk to try to sell the album.   He was in a zone at that time, everything he was saying and doing back then from music to interviews was real shit.   He hadn't fallen off yet.  Once he started falling off then he had to resort to advertisement and publicity, but from 98-2003 everything he did and said was real.

naah, dre only produced 2 songs on eminem show and then the outro...but regardless, i still prefer both sslp and mmlp. as for sslp, the production is still superior to eminem show, bass brothers were seasoned producers and their productions complimented eminem more than anyone not named dre... obviously, mmlp is the best produced of the three. eminem show mighta been eminem's best album as far as spittin real shit...but mmlp was his best as far as production and flow, he was on drugs and goin all out, not givin a fuck...infinite was his most lyrical, his rhyme structures and lyrical abilities were untouchable on that album...sslp was a good combination of deep tracks and the psychopathic, drug addict, don't give a fuck shit.... all those album have their place. other than that, encore and relapse dont measure up to those, and recovery is no good.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2013, 01:12:57 AM »
I'm shocked Brian would love Eminem since he tried to steal black culture

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2013, 04:58:26 AM »

I was a fan of Eminem before I even heard one song of his.  All it took for me was seeing an article in rap pages (or it could of been Blaze magazine).  It was in their "About to Blow" section of summer 1998, it said that Dre had signed a white rapper to Aftermath.  That's all I needed to hear. 

And to Sccit... Dre produced 3 tracks on Eminem Show.  "Business", "Say What You Say" and "My Dads Gone Crazy"
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »

I was a fan of Eminem before I even heard one song of his.  All it took for me was seeing an article in rap pages (or it could of been Blaze magazine).  It was in their "About to Blow" section of summer 1998, it said that Dre had signed a white rapper to Aftermath.  That's all I needed to hear. 

And to Sccit... Dre produced 3 tracks on Eminem Show.  "Business", "Say What You Say" and "My Dads Gone Crazy"

yea, ur right, forgot about "my dads gone crazy"....but like i said, i still like the production on sslp better. even the dre tracks on sslp were stronger than the dre tracks on eminem show. and like i said, the bass brothers fit eminem better than anyone not named dre, so the production on sslp is superior either way. i see why u like eminem show the most tho.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2013, 08:02:17 AM »
Useless Threads - - Do not create thread titles to instigate arguments.  Eg. "My Fav. Artist > Your Fav Artist", "So and So = Wack" etc. These type of threads only result in pointless arguments.

This thread is in direct violation of the Dubcc forum rules.

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2013, 08:03:33 AM »
^lol, never even knew that was in the guidelines....in that case, the majority of threads on dubcc violate the code of conduct.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2013, 08:08:32 AM »
That's why they brought me in to clean this bitch up.

Brotha Dax

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »
1. eminem
2. Lil Wayne
3. t.i

Honorable mentions: busta rhymes (aka the Mitch Richmond of rap), kendrick lamar, j cole, lupe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2013, 09:19:38 AM »
That's why they brought me in to clean this bitch up.

Then are you going to lock it up?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »

but i thought you hate white people

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2013, 12:06:44 PM »
DYLAN
DYLAN
and
DYLAN

Or 1. Biggie...If he hadn't died, he would not be thought of in the same light.  2 Albums of material is not enough to cement a legacy as of the best rappers ever.  He was good no doubt, but he ain't what he's made out to be with hindsight.

2. Canibus....Now he has dropped some heat (Rip the Jacker) and there is no doubt he can rip shit up when his mind is right, he cannot create a cohesive album and has fallen the fuck off.  For someone so hyped up, he never lived up to his promise.

3. TI.....King of the south and all that, I find him to be a singles rapper.  He has some great songs, but I usually find only 1 or 2 on each of his albums.  He can get lazy a bit, and change pronunciations to make flows work which I find annoying.
LOL

Hey aren't you the dude that's always hollering about respecting your opinion in the Trouble Man thread?  Got to give to receive folks.  I didn't hate, it was my opinion based on a few observations.  I can see you lol'ing if I said TI sucks at rapping....and I wouldn't mind if you did, but don't be a hypocrite.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2013, 02:17:24 PM »
DYLAN
DYLAN
and
DYLAN

Or 1. Biggie...If he hadn't died, he would not be thought of in the same light.  2 Albums of material is not enough to cement a legacy as of the best rappers ever.  He was good no doubt, but he ain't what he's made out to be with hindsight.

2. Canibus....Now he has dropped some heat (Rip the Jacker) and there is no doubt he can rip shit up when his mind is right, he cannot create a cohesive album and has fallen the fuck off.  For someone so hyped up, he never lived up to his promise.

3. TI.....King of the south and all that, I find him to be a singles rapper.  He has some great songs, but I usually find only 1 or 2 on each of his albums.  He can get lazy a bit, and change pronunciations to make flows work which I find annoying.
LOL

Hey aren't you the dude that's always hollering about respecting your opinion in the Trouble Man thread?  Got to give to receive folks.  I didn't hate, it was my opinion based on a few observations.  I can see you lol'ing if I said TI sucks at rapping....and I wouldn't mind if you did, but don't be a hypocrite.
i wasn't dissin' u dude it just made me laugh. :laugh: t.i. is underrated imo and he is the king of the south:movies, music, clothing, acting. 12 years and 8 albums...legendary shit.  8) your opinion is your opinion i'm not mad at you bruh !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »
i wasn't dissin' u dude it just made me laugh. :laugh: t.i. is underrated imo and he is the king of the south:movies, music, clothing, acting. 12 years and 8 albums...legendary shit.  8) your opinion is your opinion i'm not mad at you bruh !

All good.