Author Topic: The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation  (Read 743 times)

Fraxxx

Re: The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »
Seriously, you CAN know everything if you WANT to know. You don't even have to read, there are good documentaries about everything.

Private prisons and the prison-industrial complex are a huge fuckery but the fun really starts only after, let's say, after there is no more fish in the ocean in 40-50 years.

It's fuckin ridiculous how man not only exploits his own kind but the very resources he's dependent on. And honestly, I don't give a fuck. I don't and won't have children but everybody who does or wants to have kids should wake the fuck up and stop being part of the problem.

rant over ;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »

Once I get my old spot at DubCNN back, you'll see some more provocative stuff posted and I think the Hip Hop community now needs to take this on. Obviously the mainstream artist might not even touch it, but there are artist out there who have following that need to spread this message outside of just Immortal Technique.

Read Michelle Alexander's "The New Jim Crow." She gets into this topic and really takes apart the war on drugs and private prisons. Meeting her last year is actually when I started to look into this, and I have learned so much. As far as movement goes, I think prison reform will be the last movement I'll ever see in my life, so I figure I should do my part in trying to put the word out.

You and I aren't really so different, although I don't think your provocative posts will eclipse mine in the provocative stakes lol. Okay, so addressing this question of music, you are right of course in that this music wasn't created per sa, but what you can see illustrated in this damning expose of the reality of what occurred, they pushed this message to degrade moral values, to create false, artificial goals, to wreck and destroy, to kill people's souls. I took the last part of what you wrote to convey why it is important that people do not shrug their shoulders and fall into apathy. That is almost a passive form of accpetance, this criminality should never be normalised. Yes, things are probably going to get worse but the harder they push, the harder we should push back.
Standing up is empowering and whether or not it's a popular view, who gives a shit, people take comfort in fitting in but having these views challenged is really what diversity should be about. The diversity of thought, opinions, not simply doing what is considered to be the conventional