Author Topic: G Dep signs to Rocafella!!!  (Read 174 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
G Dep signs to Rocafella!!!
« on: March 04, 2003, 01:02:28 PM »
Dame Dash Talks about signing G-Dep.......
dame dash talks about foxy,def jam, amil, cam and g-dep
there was an interview with dame dash in a german rap magazine called "juice", and its kind of interesting to read.
he's talking quite frankly about subjects he and jay normaly don't speak too frankly about.
the first thing i was astonished about was, when they asked him about the relationship jay has with other rappers, he says that jay never had any friends in the rap bussiness, the only one he was close to was biggie. and then he says, without beeing asked about her, that jay and foxy heve never been friends, and that they only had a working relationship.
then he talks about cam'ron, and admits that jay and cam'ron can't stand each other, but jay agreed to have cam coming to the roc, because it means good bussiness.
asked about def jam, he states that he doesn't give a **** about them, because they do shady bussiness, and that to him, def jam as a label doesn't even exist no more, the only thing they are still earning money with is their distribution for labels like the roc and murdr inc.
when they ask him about amil, he says they had to get rid of her, because she didn't like to work, and if your not motivated enough on the roc, you get kicked out. thats especially interesting, becuase i remember him saying in an interview, that nobody gets dropped on the roc.
and then he is talking about SINGNING G-DEP.
he says that no longer on bad boy, and that bad boy totally ****ed his album up promotion wise although he is a pretty good artist.

----------

from allhiphop.com forum

Dep over Kanye and Blaze...... :o :o :o :o :o :o

I aint feelin G Dep but he could be mad dope with tight beats and nice flows~~~~

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

platinumk777

Re:G Dep signs to Rocafella!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 01:36:30 PM »
I always liked G-Dep, but Puffy always had to steal his spotlight, so you knew he was never gonna make it big with Bad Boy. But shit, we got Jay-Z, Camron, Freeway, Beanie Siegel, Memphis Bleek who are already with the ROC... when the hell are they gonna release Dep's album? I say the switch from Bad Boy to ROC was a bad one.

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 01:39:39 PM »
did Dame actually say "we signed him" or did he saythey was talking about it? i never peeped Child Of The Ghetto but his tracks on the BadBoy Family album were dope!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Jome

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 07:31:57 PM »
I always liked G-Dep, but Puffy always had to steal his spotlight, so you knew he was never gonna make it big with Bad Boy. But shit, we got Jay-Z, Camron, Freeway, Beanie Siegel, Memphis Bleek who are already with the ROC... when the hell are they gonna release Dep's album? I say the switch from Bad Boy to ROC was a bad one.

Not to forget M.O.P. & Twista, they're bigger than most of the others except Jigga & Cam..
G-Dep is pretty dope, but his BadBoy-image didn't do him any favours..
Roc should consentrate on getting Twista, MOP & Sieg out before they sign Dep..

KVB

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 12:10:24 AM »
I don't think Roc-A-Fella needs to sign any more rappers, they already have a solid roster... they should concetrate on working with their current artists instead.

New albums by Beanie Sigel & M.O.P. coming summer 2003, according to the "Philadelphia Freeway" booklet...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 12:10:49 AM by KVB »

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 10:26:52 PM »
Damn the Roc is doing big things!  But on the real they should start to work with the people they already have.
Think Free.