Author Topic: Whos heard of Akala?  (Read 243 times)

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
Whos heard of Akala?
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:46:59 PM »
Not sure if any of you have ever heard of this dude. He's a rapper from London, England.. And in my opinion hes one of the best rappers out there at the moment, from the USA, UK, anywhere. I'm not sure what exposure he's got overseas (if any) beacuse he's only really known on the hiphop scene over here. But I thought I'd share some of my fave tracks with you guys. His lyics are intense, such an accurate social commentary. The Fire In The Booth are live spits from a Radio show.. I doubt their freestyles but theyre sick none the less! Im interested to know what you think..

- Fire In The Booth (Part 1)
- Fire In The Booth (Part 2)
- Absolute Power
- Comedy Tragedy History
- Roll Wid Us

Iron_Man

• 'G'
Re: Whos heard of Akala?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:13:59 AM »
nice

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »
isn't he miss dynamite bro?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
alaska? 

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:44:58 PM »
Props, Ill check it out.  I really only like the streets on a few songs as far as UK rap goes, but I try and keep an open ear.  Good looks.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 05:20:53 AM »
Props, Ill check it out.  I really only like the streets on a few songs as far as UK rap goes, but I try and keep an open ear.  Good looks.

Dude is a true lyricist man. His shit reminds me of the sort of thing Wu-Tang forever did when they dropped that. He kicks straight knowledge, honest man in my humble opinion theres not been an mc like this from UK or the US in a very long time. Comedy Tradgey History is mental. He gets in 27 Shakespeare plays and 16 of his most famous quotes. SICK

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »
i like him apart form his afrocentrism