Author Topic: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later  (Read 3919 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
All three of Eminems first albums are WIDELY considered as great, even classic in most circles. Find me someone who thinks those albums are "solid" and I'll find a thousand people who think this T.I. album is "solid at best".
i don't know a lot of people who considered eminem's sslp a classic including myself. half of it was off an old ep and a couple of tracks dre & co added to the mix to give it some punch.

actually the only songs from SSEP were Just the 2 of us, Just don't give a fuck and if i had and the first 2 got remixed

SSLP is a classic and it's even in Crooked I's top 5 albums of all time

All hail the almighty authority of Crooked I!
If it is in his top 5 then it must be a classic!

failias of the year

defensive much?

very

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »
A lot of people consider that though. You have guys like Rakim and Redman speaking out and claiming Em's greatness. T.I. has B.o.B. showing him the utmost respect because he gave him a shot.
nah b.o.b. speakin' the real some could ask eminem how he feel about t.i. as an artist and he would say the same.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »
All three of Eminems first albums are WIDELY considered as great, even classic in most circles. Find me someone who thinks those albums are "solid" and I'll find a thousand people who think this T.I. album is "solid at best".
i don't know a lot of people who considered eminem's sslp a classic including myself. half of it was off an old ep and a couple of tracks dre & co added to the mix to give it some punch.

actually the only songs from SSEP were Just the 2 of us, Just don't give a fuck and if i had and the first 2 got remixed

crooked has no album of his own so his opinion holds no weight and if he wasn't signed to shady i doubt he would make that statement.

he made it before being signed to shady actually

but that doesn't change the fact SSLP has no bad songs on it and is a lyrical masterpiece.  no offense but TI just isn't that lyrical my friend.  look how he got outshined by everyone on the hard white remix.
t.i. is an incredible lyricist and he bodied that remix. if you consider sslp that it's your choice i can't knock that but t.i. got lyrics you can't tell me different.

everyone had a great verse on hard white remix but the ones that stood out to me the most were Crook, Buddens and Yela.  and Ortiz's flow was incredible too.

such a shame that Hard White remix didn't make the album
royce did his thing on there too.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »

crooked has no album of his own so his opinion holds no weight and if he wasn't signed to shady i doubt he would make that statement.

Therefore your opinion holds no weight.  Glad we settled this.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »

All hail the almighty authority of Crooked I!
If it is in his top 5 then it must be a classic!

failias of the year

defensive much?

very

predictable and boring you can also add to your list of personal traits

ok

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 04:03:32 PM »
Hard to believe its been 5 yrs since this released. Definitely underrated tho. Fuck what the majority thinks. That majority is the same dickheads who listen to Ross, Waka, Chief Keef, 2chainz & Gucci n claim Weezy as GOAT.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »
A lot of people consider that though. You have guys like Rakim and Redman speaking out and claiming Em's greatness. T.I. has B.o.B. showing him the utmost respect because he gave him a shot.
nah b.o.b. speakin' the real some could ask eminem how he feel about t.i. as an artist and he would say the same.

I'll take Rakims opinion over B.o.B.'s lol.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »

crooked's a rapper not me idiot. don't you got some kkk meetings to attend ?

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

You remind me of the dude at the end of that 50 cent song, sticking up for Jeffery all the damn time.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »

You remind me of the dude at the end of that 50 cent song, sticking up for Jeffery all the damn time.
you remind me of that white boy remy from higher learning.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »
Hard to believe its been 5 yrs since this released. Definitely underrated tho. Fuck what the majority thinks. That majority is the same dickheads who listen to Ross, Waka, Chief Keef, 2chainz & Gucci n claim Weezy as GOAT.
8)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »
Good album.  Better than it was consider at the time of it's release, but far from a classic.  Although I really think about 10 rap albums are classic, so I'm tougher than most I guess.  Some folks use the title lightly.

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
Good album.  Better than it was consider at the time of it's release, but far from a classic.  Although I really think about 10 rap albums are classic, so I'm tougher than most I guess.  Some folks use the title lightly.

Probably true

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
props. some might not consider it a classic(i do) but it is a cohesive album that can be played even today.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »
props. some might not consider it a classic(i do) but it is a cohesive album that can be played even today.

Yeah I've been listening to alot of TI lately, and I have to say that the Whats up Whats haapnin is one of the 5 best diss songs because of the style he uses.  He's not going hard per say like No Vaseline, but just overall making Shawty Lo look like a fool and way beneath TI.  Very cool track.