Author Topic: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later  (Read 3923 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »
Disgrace to Hip Hop.
LOL joe budden is a disgrace to hip hop. word to wu tang and love and hip hop.

joe buddens is a dope lyricist

not neccesarily a dope song maker but dope lyricist
it's funny because awhile back cham called tip a sellout but joe dropped an album recently that was a sellout album. joe was dope 03-08 after that punch rae's boy delivered joey he hasn't been the same.

And I can say overall generally disappointed with "No Love Lost". I'm not a fan boy and won't call it a classic because he's my favorite artist. In a sense, parts of the album were a sellout. I didn't mention Budden though, you did because you're catching feelings that this album is about 32,000 miles from "really great", let alone classic.

And Hack, no need to defend Budden. Son is running into his defense mechanism because he can't defend T.I. so he's changing up the subject. Obviously Budden has made some sick verses and songs since. Even career wise, Joe's top five songs are lyrically better than any arrangement of songs T.I. has ever made lol.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 05:43:37 PM »
Disgrace to Hip Hop.
LOL joe budden is a disgrace to hip hop. word to wu tang and love and hip hop.

joe buddens is a dope lyricist

not neccesarily a dope song maker but dope lyricist
it's funny because awhile back cham called tip a sellout but joe dropped an album recently that was a sellout album. joe was dope 03-08 after that punch rae's boy delivered joey he hasn't been the same.

And I can say overall generally disappointed with "No Love Lost". I'm not a fan boy and won't call it a classic because he's my favorite artist. In a sense, parts of the album were a sellout. I didn't mention Budden though, you did because you're catching feelings that this album is about 32,000 miles from "really great", let alone classic.

And Hack, no need to defend Budden. Son is running into his defense mechanism because he can't defend T.I. so he's changing up the subject. Obviously Budden has made some sick verses and songs since. Even career wise, Joe's top five songs are lyrically better than any arrangement of songs T.I. has ever made lol.
LOL i'm not callin' it a classic because he's my favorite artist. if an album has great lyrics, production, concepts, and is cohesive i'd say it's a classic. the album is a classic whether you like it or not there is nothin' to defend the proof is in the pudding and you cannot compare joe to a t.i. at all joe budden don't even got at least six solo albums and he's been in the game since 2001 and had to join a group to try to boost his career.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »
when did buddens start rapping??

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »
when did buddens start rapping??
don't know but he's been in the game since 2001.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »
What do studio albums mean in this case? Mood Muzik 2, 3 and 4 were produced, manufactured and sold the same as any other album. The only difference is they weren't pushed by a label. This argument is coming from the guy who said "people are brainwashed into liking artists cosigned by big names" yet uses the argument of T.I. having more albums pushed by a big name company.

And just using those three Mood Muzik's, I can put together a 15 song complication that is in another stratosphere of lyricism than any 15 T.I. songs from any album.

One minute you want to talk about skill and when the conversation gets a little too intense for a proper Clifford defense you jump to sales and popularity.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 06:05:50 PM »
What do studio albums mean in this case? Mood Muzik 2, 3 and 4 were produced, manufactured and sold the same as any other album. The only difference is they weren't pushed by a label. This argument is coming from the guy who said "people are brainwashed into liking artists cosigned by big names" yet uses the argument of T.I. having more albums pushed by a big name company.

And just using those three Mood Muzik's, I can put together a 15 song complication that is in another stratosphere of lyricism than any 15 T.I. songs from any album.

One minute you want to talk about skill and when the conversation gets a little too intense for a proper Clifford defense you jump to sales and popularity.
no not even sales but bodies of work. t.i. has 8 albums and been in the game 12 years joe budden been in the game 12 years and got 5 albums(if you call them that) i can put 15 unreleased t.i. songs that are light years ahead of anything you can conjure of joey's. y'all think just cause t.i. got radio joints that he don't have joints wit substance that is one of the biggest misconceptions i've ever heard and there is no joe budden album better than any t.i. album i promise. trouble man: heavy is the head shits on joe's latest album comparing joe budden to t.i. is like comparing papoose to jay z or tupac.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »
and just to let you know mood muzik 2 is the best thing joey has ever put together and he hasn't topped it since and he never will.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »
back to the topic at hand it's big shit poppin' and lil shit stoppin' ya dig !!!!! t.i. vs tip is the shit i'm gonna give that album a full playback tomorrow just cause.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »
LOLOL. It's not even worth the argument anymore if that's how you view it. Just go listen to "All Of Me", "Stuck In The Moment" and "Better Me" and then let me know if you burn your T.I. albums for being so mislead for so long.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 06:20:10 PM »
LOLOL. It's not even worth the argument anymore if that's how you view it. Just go listen to "All Of Me", "Stuck In The Moment" and "Better Me" and then let me know if you burn your T.I. albums for being so mislead for so long.
nah i ain't been mislead t.i. is the truth. those joints other than all of me isn't even no where near joey's best mood muzik 2 is where the jewels are.

Invincible

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
The majority of Act II was pretty weak. Which seriously dents its chances of being a classic. Definitely not a classic in my eyes. Act I was pretty good. But Act III left the album with a strong ending. I'd give the album a 3/5. It's definitely not up to par with Trap Muzik or Urban Legend. Or even King for that matter. I had Urban Legend on repeat when I first got it.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
The majority of Act II was pretty weak. Which seriously dents its chances of being a classic. Definitely not a classic in my eyes. Act I was pretty good. But Act III left the album with a strong ending. I'd give the album a 3/5. It's definitely not up to par with Trap Muzik or Urban Legend. Or even King for that matter. I had Urban Legend on repeat when I first got it.
that's cool for me act II was as strong as I and III and is trap muzik and urban legend to the tenth power. a lot of you sleep on this album still but it's ok.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
i came in the game slow they act like they ain't know
that i wasn't gon' leave until i got what i came fo.
i still can't complain though as long as i aim bro
i came a long way but shawty ain't nuthin' changed though.
i still let the tool go don't get it confused bro
run up on me wrong now what you think i'mma do bro.
send you to your maker then go to jamaica - 'my swag'  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »
I am so lost??? Why are people comparing Joe Budden and T.I.? This is such a weird topic.

First off, T.I. is a nice rapper, and from 2006-2009 he was easily the best southern rapper. He was the King of the South and that was his thing. Joe Budden is an eastcoast rapper with a lot of skill and has spent the last 12 years trying to come up. I mean, I don't know who's better, I own at least 3 of each of their albums, but I never once thought to compare the two.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »
Joe Budden only came up because I was the one who broke the news to this guy that this album is in another galaxy to the word "classic".

First off, T.I. is a nice rapper, and from 2006-2009 he was easily the best southern rapper. He was the King of the South and that was his thing.

Not really saying much when all that time had to show was Shorty Lo, D4L, Lil Jon, Soulja Boy, Young Joc and Dem Franchize Boyz lol.