Author Topic: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later  (Read 3920 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »
Joe Budden only came up because I was the one who broke the news to this guy that this album is in another galaxy to the word "classic".

First off, T.I. is a nice rapper, and from 2006-2009 he was easily the best southern rapper. He was the King of the South and that was his thing.

Not really saying much when all that time had to show was Shorty Lo, D4L, Lil Jon, Soulja Boy, Young Joc and Dem Franchize Boyz lol.

True, but in reality isn't that all T.I. needed to be. All T.I. needed to happen was Outkast to break up (done), Ludacris to fall off (done), Scarface to basically retire (more or less), and Young Buck to fail (done); then T.I. would have the crown of the South all to himself. What more do you want from him? Personally, I like T.I. Never thought he was top 25 of all time, maybe top 50, and that's a maybe. But for his era and his region, he killed it. He dominated a weak south, but that's like the Heat or the Spurs winning an NBA title during a locked out shorten season. At the end of the day, you are still champion like anyone else.

And why bring up Budden? LOL? It's so random, it almost is like you are Budden himself. Dude, are you Joe Budden?

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
Joe Budden only came up because I was the one who broke the news to this guy that this album is in another galaxy to the word "classic".

Not really saying much when all that time had to show was Shorty Lo, D4L, Lil Jon, Soulja Boy, Young Joc and Dem Franchize Boyz lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »

First off, T.I. is a nice rapper, and from 2006-2009 he was easily the best southern rapper. He was the King of the South and that was his thing.

True, but in reality isn't that all T.I. needed to be. All T.I. needed to happen was Outkast to break up (done), Ludacris to fall off (done), Scarface to basically retire (more or less), and Young Buck to fail (done); then T.I. would have the crown of the South all to himself. What more do you want from him? Personally, I like T.I. Never thought he was top 25 of all time, maybe top 50, and that's a maybe. But for his era and his region, he killed it. He dominated a weak south, but that's like the Heat or the Spurs winning an NBA title during a locked out shorten season. At the end of the day, you are still champion like anyone else.

And why bring up Budden? LOL? It's so random, it almost is like you are Budden himself. Dude, are you Joe Budden?

Pretty much. T.I. probably still is the best rapper in the South.

And yes, I am.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:51 PM »
best southern rapper is bun b

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2013, 06:57:23 AM »
best southern rapper is bun b
bun is dope and a legend but not the best in fact i'd put scarface over him.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2013, 07:30:25 AM »
From 2006 to now, is T.I. Bun B, 'Face, they all are better I'm the all time rankings. But in today's time, it's T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »
in my sometimes humble yet beyond moderate opinion t.i. is definitely a top 5 emcee for me based on skill, consistency, impact, and longevity. in my next t.i. thread (if i don't reflect on the king, urban legend, or the upcomin' he who wears the crown records first) i will reveal why i hold the skills of bankhead's finest so high in regard compared to a lot of emcees.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2013, 10:28:33 AM »
in my sometimes humble yet beyond moderate opinion t.i. is definitely a top 5 emcee for me based on skill, consistency, impact, and longevity. in my next t.i. thread (if i don't reflect on the king, urban legend, or the upcomin' he who wears the crown records first) i will reveal why i hold the skills of bankhead's finest so high in regard compared to a lot of emcees.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

good for you.

yeah man i'm currently debating if i wanna do the thread now or wait a couple months but either way it will be another very hot topic as usual wit my threads.  8)

Remedy360

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
Haven't listened to this one in a while, don't remember being overly impressed by it but there were a few nice songs. I was a much bigger fan of "Paper Trail".

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2013, 04:49:33 PM »
Son just said T.I. is top 5 all-time.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
Son just said T.I. is top 5 all-time.
i sure did and i stand by what i said.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »
I can't defend that. Top 5???

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
I can't defend that. Top 5???
when i say top 5-10 i'm goin' off impact, longevity, consistency, etc. don't get me wrong i love the rakims, kool g raps, ice cubes, etc. but none of their latest projects even come close to their earlier works. i even think black thought belong in the top 5.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
But T.I. Can't compare to their early work at any point of his career. I mean best from 2006-2010, I agree. T.I. dominated the game. But all time, I can't put him top 20 right now.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »
But T.I. Can't compare to their early work at any point of his career. I mean best from 2006-2010, I agree. T.I. dominated the game. But all time, I can't put him top 20 right now.
but none of their latest albums can compare to any of his albums. as far as all time, he's definitely within the top 10 and the trouble man album solidifies it imo. at 8 albums in and 12 years in the game he's on the elite level of a jay z, nas, or emimem at this point y'all boy kendrick even said it.