Author Topic: 'Dredd' Short Film More Likely Than A Sequel  (Read 228 times)

Iron_Man

• 'G'
'Dredd' Short Film More Likely Than A Sequel
« on: March 28, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »

There won't be a "Dredd" sequel coming out any time soon, but there could be a "Dredd" short film.

Adi Shankar recently held a Reddit AMA where he talked about how it's "highly unlikely" a feature-length "Dredd" sequel will be made. He blamed that on the fact the movie "totally bombed," but did say that he's not done in the universe. When fans started talking about making a Kickstarter for a "Dredd" sequel, Shankar admitted, "I am working on a Dredd short film though so look out for that."

Shankar did something similar when he made the 2012 "Punisher" short film "#DirtyLaundry," so this isn't completely out of left field. The producer didn't elaborate on whether the "Dredd" short will act as a sequel, feature the same actors as "Dredd" or even have anything to do with the first movie.

In addition, Shankar said he would be interested in directing a new "Spawn" film "with our without Jamie Foxx." "Todd McFarlane is a friend of mine and we have literally been talking about doing this movie for 4 years now," Shankar wrote. "Harass him and tell him to finally give me the rights... I'd make a dope Spawn film..."

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: 'Dredd' Short Film More Likely Than A Sequel
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »
That sucks....the Dredd remake was dope.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »

next ignorant who have no clue about Dredd
its not like Hollywood invented Dredd, he exists 20 or something year in hundreds of stories

and shame that they wont not make sequel cuz this one was awesome

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:50:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JohnnyL

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 07:14:14 AM »
  Yeah, I'll gladly take a short film over nothing, but it sucks that a full length sequel is unlikely.