Author Topic: Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks  (Read 1873 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »
Nope. Didn't get what was yours. If somebody loses money to me, I'm knocking at front doors.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »
Nope. Didn't get what was yours. If somebody loses money to me, I'm knocking at front doors.

right, gayboy.. cuz ima fly out to canada to collect on an eighth smfh. ur gayness knows no boundaries, does it?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
I know in another thread NIK wanted to know who Jay fathered. Jay's style gave birth to Drake. I don't think you can even deny it. This is Jay-Z's influence. For better or worst, Jay-Z gave birth to rappers like Drake, Fabolous back in the day, Kanye West, and a few others.

Listen, people on this board may not like them, but they have their market and their market is pretty big.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2013, 11:33:55 AM »

No you wouldn't.  And you got it backwards, the person who welches on a bet is the bitch, everyone knows that.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »
I know in another thread NIK wanted to know who Jay fathered. Jay's style gave birth to Drake. I don't think you can even deny it. This is Jay-Z's influence. For better or worst, Jay-Z gave birth to rappers like Drake, Fabolous back in the day, Kanye West, and a few others.

Listen, people on this board may not like them, but they have their market and their market is pretty big.

what u on, mayn?...drake is nothin like jay-z lol. jay is a biter..he first got his style from big l, then started biting nas, then made his money off reciting old biggie raps. it's really nothin new. he's not an innovative rapper or a forefather of any style. still, he has a nice resume and is a good rapper. but no way he fathered drake's style. LOL

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2013, 12:01:11 PM »

what u on, mayn?...drake is nothin like jay-z lol. jay is a biter..he first got his style from big l, then started biting nas, then made his money off reciting old biggie raps. it's really nothin new. he's not an innovative rapper or a forefather of any style. still, he has a nice resume and is a good rapper. but no way he fathered drake's style. LOL

Soft rapper that was good at picking beats and brags a lot. Am I missing something.

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »

Soft rapper that was good at picking beats and brags a lot. Am I missing something.

huh? jay-z didnt come out as a soft rapper...LOL. u got it twisted, brobro

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2013, 12:11:57 PM »
Some good opinions in here.  It seems like he gets the most hate for his hype, singing, and songs for hos.  I can understand that.  I just think that some people will close their ears to him because of that and miss a fairly solid career so far.  Not sure where Jay Z got brought into this, but Drake is not even in the same solar system as Jay, yet.....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »

No you wouldn't.  And you got it backwards, the person who welches on a bet is the bitch, everyone knows that.

No, you have it backwards. If someone owes you something, it's your responsibility to go get it. Try leaving Vegas without paying up your debts. You're probably as sheltered as NIK.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2013, 02:59:55 PM »

No, you have it backwards. If someone owes you something, it's your responsibility to go get it. Try leaving Vegas without paying up your debts. You're probably as sheltered as NIK.

No no no Cham.....In the spirit of the African Motherland, you bet that the white guy pays for dinner.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »
That's the wager of every bet lmfao.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:55 PM »
Yea if the person is a bitch, then u gotta go collect. But plant is in Canada, I ain't bout to fly out there over an eighth, ya dumb fruit.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
Drake reeks of fakeness.  The guy cant even rap in a voice that belongs to him.  Literally, the vehicle that brings you a big part of his music, his voice, is completely fabricated to sound like an area of the US where people are looked at like theyre "hardcore" or "real" by certain rap fans.  Hes worse than a suburbanite wigger trying to be 2pac.  Or some dude from sweden trying to rap like hes from some LA gang set.  I'd rather hear him spitting with a god damn canadian accent than one from louisiana.  But, people can buy whatever they want.  I personally wouldnt waste any space on my harddrive if the shit was free or bought, so whatever.  Its a crazy world, and people buy dumb shit all the time.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

bouli77

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
Drake reeks of fakeness. 

yes exactly, that's why I never got into his shit, never bought into his persona, never got around the fact that his music was so unauthentic. it makes me sick to see people like him or Tyga be so popular. that aside, he's not a terrible rapper from a technical standpoint and he pays homage to the artists which influenced him (Phonte, Mac Dre), hence my first response in this thread. "the motto" really slapped, although it kinda reeked of fakeness to (despite it being a cool tribute to Mac Dre).

Remedy360

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2013, 11:40:23 PM »
Some good opinions in here.  It seems like he gets the most hate for his hype, singing, and songs for hos.  I can understand that.  I just think that some people will close their ears to him because of that and miss a fairly solid career so far.  Not sure where Jay Z got brought into this, but Drake is not even in the same solar system as Jay, yet.....

It's not the fact that he sings for me..there's plenty of rappers that harmonize that are are good, or at least have made some nice music. Even if he made some songs for girls and sounded good doing it I wouldn't dislike him as much. It's the fact that his singing voice sounds like crap to me and his rapping voice is annoying. The hype added onto that makes him virtually intolerable for me.