Author Topic: Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks  (Read 1874 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »

midwestryder

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »
He ain't bad at all. He's the best YMCMB has to offer that's for sure.

This. He shits on 90% of hip hop and he will be around for a long time. He has many sides to him, very complex and diverse, but because one of those sides is sensitive/making songs for females, that's all certain people choose to look at. It's also funny how much homophobia has an impact on certain people's lives and their tastes. America is gonna become an increasingly difficult place for you guys to live in with that mentality.
that is total bullshit . . 90% of hip hop shits on drake . you make drak sound overratted like he is .  hip hop was never ment for the kind of people like drake . no america won't because most of america is still homophobic.

midwestryder

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »
He ain't bad at all. He's the best YMCMB has to offer that's for sure.

This. He shits on 90% of hip hop and he will be around for a long time. He has many sides to him, very complex and diverse, but because one of those sides is sensitive/making songs for females, that's all certain people choose to look at. It's also funny how much homophobia has an impact on certain people's lives and their tastes. America is gonna become an increasingly difficult place for you guys to live in with that mentality.
rap and hip hop are two different things.

what is the difference?
the difference between say jay z and vanilla ice.

that does not explain the difference between hip hop and rap to me.

hip hop has 5 elements rap is just rap. you don't actually have to have skills to rap or make sense you got muthafuckas who don't know what 16 bars is yet they rappin'. an emcee rhymes too but they put more emphasis on dope lyrics it's like comparin' nicki minaj to mc lyte.
you 100% right with that.

midwestryder

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2013, 12:06:52 AM »
you talk alot about hip hop but you don't know what hip hop is.
go away little troll.   because i am hip hop & you have no clue what hip hop is at all ,child. living & listening to hip hop since 1982 making me a hip hop expert for life.

midwestryder

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »
I know in another thread NIK wanted to know who Jay fathered. Jay's style gave birth to Drake. I don't think you can even deny it. This is Jay-Z's influence. For better or worst, Jay-Z gave birth to rappers like Drake, Fabolous back in the day, Kanye West, and a few others.

Listen, people on this board may not like them, but they have their market and their market is pretty big.

what u on, mayn?...drake is nothin like jay-z lol. jay is a biter..he first got his style from big l, then started biting nas, then made his money off reciting old biggie raps. it's really nothin new. he's not an innovative rapper or a forefather of any style. still, he has a nice resume and is a good rapper. but no way he fathered drake's style. LOL
no jay did not get his style from Big L first . just like biggie , jay-z stole his flow from Big daddy kane not Big L . everybody from brooklyn after a certain era stole from BIg Daady Kane & special ED .

midwestryder

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »
no it only makes you old and wrong.
and that is a FACT.
end of story, no more discussion.
no troll, instead it makes me old ,wise & always right over you .
and that is 100% fact unlike you fake ass opinion .
end of story, no more discussion for you troll. stop screwing threads up child.
The old school is always right over the new school.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:15:33 AM by midwestryder »

midwestryder

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »
ok i am sorry.
i read what you quoted and you know what hip hop is.
but Drake is also a little bit hip hop.
and he raps better than
drake is not hip hop at all , smoke . drake is rap not hip hop . who does drake rapper better then ?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:20:55 AM by midwestryder »

midwestryder

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2013, 12:51:20 AM »
i said he was a little bit hip hop not 100%
like KRS-One used to be 100% but now is only 45% or something because of that thing
what the hell ,smoke . Krs-1 is 100% hip hop & will be 100% even after his death. Krs-1 is teacher of hip hop & that means Krs-1 is & always will be 1000% hip hop. drake is not hip hop at all. Drake is rap meaning 0% hip hop .

me1

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »
http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/drake-girls-loves-beyonce-feat-james-fauntleroy/

LMAO @ Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks  :D

I feel you. This type of song is exactly why it took me so long to even consider feeling this dude.

That being said, his features and some of his more recent stuff, not to mention the Chris Brown beef, have made me a fan.

For me, he'll always be the type of artist that you look at and just hate some of his work. The soft stuff is just not my cup of tea.

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »
I know in another thread NIK wanted to know who Jay fathered. Jay's style gave birth to Drake. I don't think you can even deny it. This is Jay-Z's influence. For better or worst, Jay-Z gave birth to rappers like Drake, Fabolous back in the day, Kanye West, and a few others.

Listen, people on this board may not like them, but they have their market and their market is pretty big.

what u on, mayn?...drake is nothin like jay-z lol. jay is a biter..he first got his style from big l, then started biting nas, then made his money off reciting old biggie raps. it's really nothin new. he's not an innovative rapper or a forefather of any style. still, he has a nice resume and is a good rapper. but no way he fathered drake's style. LOL
no jay did not get his style from Big L first . just like biggie , jay-z stole his flow from Big daddy kane not Big L . everybody from brooklyn after a certain era stole from BIg Daady Kane & special ED .

he stole from a lot of peoples, but big l is one of the mains ones that comes 2 mind

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »
drakes cool, nelly sucks.

out.