Author Topic: Hell on wheels  (Read 409 times)

KrazySumwhat

Hell on wheels
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »
 Anyone watch this?
 A guy at work been recommending for a while. I just been watching last few days. Seven episodes in. Seems pretty cool. A bit slow but i like it, its something different.
 Common is in it.
 its set in the 1860's i believe, just after the civil war and at a time where the Americans are laying down the rail roads and conflicting with the American Indians and where black people are still either slaves or free but not treated equal.
 Guess its kind of American history to an extent and Common seems to be quite a decent actor.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Hell on wheels
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:34:18 PM »
I wathed the series a while back. I didn't hate it, but didn't think all that much of it.

I also found it funny that Common's character has a perfectly shaved head for the whole series, but he can't ever seem to find any reason to shave his neck, or maintain the beard.

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:49:14 AM »
I do. a really good western series, The 1st season was a bit better, but the 2nd was aight too.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:12:02 AM »
I wathed the series a while back. I didn't hate it, but didn't think all that much of it.

I also found it funny that Common's character has a perfectly shaved head for the whole series, but he can't ever seem to find any reason to shave his neck, or maintain the beard.
Yeah i guess i dont love it but i definitely like it.
 lol i never thought of that.
I do. a really good western series, The 1st season was a bit better, but the 2nd was aight too.
yeah i've just started season 2.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
I very much enjoy the show, except for the very unsubtle pro-Confederate slant.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:11:58 PM »
Yeah thats a good point. Like "thang" um iam sure there were otehr examples but i forgets.
 And The Indians all speak English?

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »

every us series everybody speak english. Ukrain MOB, Indians, Africans, all Europain everybody. Aliens too...

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 11:48:58 PM »

every us series everybody speak english. Ukrain MOB, Indians, Africans, all Europain everybody. Aliens too...
Ha ha true, true. Well i guess i have seen some Japanese stuff where even the westerners speak Japanese so i guess it's not always just the yanks.

doggfather

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:53:25 AM »
yeah japan is the same.  ;)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 04:46:57 AM »

I wish we saw more of that in TV. I'm sick of the constant imbalance of presenting the North as the Great Saviour of Man and the South as the Devil. Like the Lincoln film; Does it mention that the freeing of slaves ony accounted for the slaves inthe south and any of his northern political buddies were allowed to keep their slaves? Or that Virginia rejoined the Union near the end of the war ut were granted the right to keep their slaves? The only reason there were more slaves in the south was because of climate. People should never think the south was so much more more racist or simply minded, but Hollywood does a great job making them look that way.

The Civil was was very little to do with human rights and very much to do with securing land for the Railroad, and that is the point of this show when it comes to bashing the North.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
Is this about the series or the Civil War. Because I can talk Civil War and it had everything to do with slavery, and the railroads benefited at the end.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »
If only Sherman had been allowed to crush the South more harshly we would be in a better position today. Damn neo-Confederates.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »
Is this about the series or the Civil War. Because I can talk Civil War and it had everything to do with slavery, and the railroads benefited at the end.

I'll never deny that there were very evil slave owner's in the south that poured a lot of money into the Confederacy during the war, but I maintain that the ideas of slavery and racism being the true roots of the war and in the hearts of the people fighting are exaggerations perpetrated by media and revisionist historians in an attempt to vilify the south, and more importantly; deify the north. Even with people like Robert E. Lee likely to takeover after Davis the public today think that had the South won blacks would still be slaves today.

Of course my personal theory is that the war was only created in order to create chaos. I mean what was the end result? Instead of moving westaward with slaves and building the rail road, the southern elite simply worked along side the nothern elite and used the same blacks for a wage that ended up costing them less than what they would have spent feeding and sheltering te slaves. The major slave owners that helped fund the war for the south were all given their lands back and most of their slaves, initially, stayed with them as workers that were not given anything close to equal pay.