Author Topic: Rapper with the most wasted potential  (Read 2662 times)

bouli77

Re: Rapper with the most wasted potential
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 04:33:04 PM »
ras kass, the D.O.C.,

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »
well i can tell you what Jay Z would have been if he didn't bow down....chopped liver lol

same with Ja Rule, anyone at Cash Money/No Limit and my man Chino XL

is speculation a masturbating excercise for you?

yes

so by your own logic you gain sexual pleasure from speculating about male rappers...dead ones at that.
not sure what that exactly makes you; a gay necrophiliac of some sort...

sure thing homie

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »
 Yeah definitely Raskass and the D.O.C.
 I guess even now Crooked i.
 Technic, Bad Azz, Soopafly.
 Numskull.
 Nine.
 Kwest tha maad lad.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 08:19:46 PM »
Canibus hands down
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »
Canibus hands down

I don't see that. Dude has released 11 albums, presumably most of which he had control over. He's just a spitter who is not good at making music. Imo the potential was never there in the first place.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 11:14:29 PM »
Canibus hands down

I don't see that. Dude has released 11 albums, presumably most of which he had control over. He's just a spitter who is not good at making music. Imo the potential was never there in the first place.

Yeah dudes actually released alot of music.

Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:56 PM »
Canibus hands down

never there in the first place??  lmao you must not remember when 2nd round knockout came out...Bis was all over the radio outshining anyone who spat beside him (Dmx, Noreaga, LL etc.)

2nd round KO came out several months before can-i-bus and can-i-bus went gold over hype alone despite a lot of wackass beats on it

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
I'd say either DOC or Notorious BIG. Both had debut classics and then their careers were ended shortly after that. DOC ghostwrote basically everything Dr. Dre said on the Chronic, and I'm just imagining what if that would have been him with Dre of the boards. Notorious BIG had Life After Death next and it was a great album too, and I was just left wondering what the late 90's would have looked like with Biggie leading New York instead of Jay-Z.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 07:00:20 AM »
Roscoe DPG

Could've blown up internationally. Been like Jay-Z or whoever

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 07:02:20 AM »
Techniec
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »
Canibus hands down

Disagree.  His first two albums are very under-rated.   I actually thought the beats were excellent on the first two albums.  His rhymes were out of this world.  With Wyclef on the first album he wasn't just rhyming they were really making some great music.   "Second Round K.O." is my favorite battle record of all time, it was set up perfectly with the boxing match theme, Mike Tyson, it could not have been any better.  "I Honor U" was another great song, and it deserved to be a multiplatinum single in it's own right.  "Let's Ride", "Buckinghams Palace", nearly every track on that first album was banging.   The second album also had many monster tracks, like the Horseman intro and track, also "Doomsday News" is very under-rated.  

...The most wasted potential was with Royce da 5'9".  He was able to get in on the ground floor of the resurgence of Dr. Dre, Aftermath, and was the only featured artist other than Dre to appear on the Slim Shady LP.  He held his own with the greatest rapper of that time, Eminem, on the track "Bad Meetz Evil", and the underground release of "I'm The King", "Scary Movies", and "Nuthin to Do" had the whole industry buzzin about Royce.  He was writing gems for Dre's album like "The Throne Is Mine".  That track could of been legendary.   His bootleg album that dropped around 2,000 had the makings of one of the greatest albums of all time.   Sadly though, his manager fucked up his relationship with Dre, and he chose his manager over Dre; he was never the same after that.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »
Canibus hands down

Disagree.  His first two albums are very under-rated.   I actually thought the beats were excellent on the first two albums.  His rhymes were out of this world.  With Wyclef on the first album he wasn't just rhyming they were really making some great music.   "Second Round K.O." is my favorite battle record of all time, it was set up perfectly with the boxing match theme, Mike Tyson, it could not have been any better.  "I Honor U" was another great song, and it deserved to be a multiplatinum single in it's own right.  "Let's Ride", "Buckinghams Palace", nearly every track on that first album was banging.   The second album also had many monster tracks, like the Horseman intro and track, also "Doomsday News" is very under-rated.  

...The most wasted potential was with Royce da 5'9".  He was able to get in on the ground floor of the resurgence of Dr. Dre, Aftermath, and was the only featured artist other than Dre to appear on the Slim Shady LP.  He held his own with the greatest rapper of that time, Eminem, on the track "Bad Meetz Evil", and the underground release of "I'm The King", "Scary Movies", and "Nuthin to Do" had the whole industry buzzin about Royce.  He was writing gems for Dre's album like "The Throne Is Mine".  That track could of been legendary.   His bootleg album that dropped around 2,000 had the makings of one of the greatest albums of all time.   Sadly though, his manager fucked up his relationship with Dre, and he chose his manager over Dre; he was never the same after that.

i'd say Royce is just as dope if not better now

MistaNova

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »
*Eastwood
*Techniec
*Ya Boy
*Clyde Carson
*Juice
*Crooked I
*Hittman
*Bishop Lamont
*Cory Gunz
*Big L
*Nipsey Hussle
*Pill

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »

i'd say Royce is just as dope if not better now

he's spread himself way too thin at this point.   It's a shame more artists don't bear down and focus on creating just one classic album, instead of a dozen independent releases and scattered mixtape appearances.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)