Author Topic: Rapper with the most wasted potential  (Read 2676 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Rapper with the most wasted potential
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 12:14:02 PM »
For my money its gotta be Jay Electronica. Dude just seems to be the laziest artist out there. I've given up on his music career.

Good call.  I may have to agree.  He drops a sick ass 16 every year or so lol.

Also Kurupt.

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »
Roscoe DPG

Could've blown up internationally. Been like Jay-Z or whoever

no he couldn't.

LOL!!

Lucifuge

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
Lil Boosie
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

bouli77

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
lady of rage

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 03:02:52 PM »
*Eastwood
*Techniec
*Ya Boy
*Clyde Carson
*Juice
*Crooked I
*Hittman
*Bishop Lamont
*Cory Gunz
*Big L
*Nipsey Hussle
*Pill

lulz at calling out the entire Coast.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »

i'd say Royce is just as dope if not better now

he's spread himself way too thin at this point.   It's a shame more artists don't bear down and focus on creating just one classic album, instead of a dozen independent releases and scattered mixtape appearances.

my favorite song by Royce is Legendary which is only a few years ago

i hear u on the classic album part but it seems like classic albums are a lost art in the entire rap industry.  remember not too long ago jigga and kanye nut riders were saying watch the throme was classic....nobody even remembers that shit anymore :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »

i hear u on the classic album part but it seems like classic albums are a lost art in the entire rap industry.  remember not too long ago jigga and kanye nut riders were saying watch the throme was classic....nobody even remembers that shit anymore :D

word
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 03:38:28 AM »
Jeru The Damaja - 2 classic albums with DJ Premier production. His albums released after that still contained some good songs, but the beats were mostly bad.
Craig Mack - Dope first album, strange second album, and disapeared after. Released some 12 inches which still sounds dope, but overall he has just vanished
McGruff - 1st album 'Destined to be' was nice, McGruff had a cool voice & flow but didn't blow up
Jamal aka Mally G - Youngster with talent. Dope first album & many good Def Squad featurings, but also gone now...
Cormega - His first 2 albums were absolutely classic shit. After that, he waited too long to release a third album (although he was fan base was really anticipating). Instead he released a collab album with Lake (yuk!) & documentary Who Am I, and a compilation album. None of these were really great
Warren G - Why didn't he produce more? Wasn't he asked more? Never understood this...
Lord Finesse - Love this dude, both as producer & rapper, but where is he since the last 10+ years?
Agallah - powerfull & energetic voice, also a dope producer in case you didn't know. I think he could have accomplished more
Inspectah Deck - Always loved the way he rhymed. Don't understand why he waited so long to release an ok first album. After that, the Wu hype was over & his other releases are not really important (Dub Step release => noooo)
Starang Wonduh of OGC - Always love to hear him spit, unfortunately for him he was part of a lesser known Boot Camp Clik act

This is just out of the top of my head... There are many more  8)

Okka

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 04:27:21 AM »
ras kass, the D.O.C.,

The D.O.C.? How old are you? Do you know how big his first album was? It was the car accident that fucked up everything.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 06:11:06 AM »

Warren G - Why didn't he produce more? Wasn't he asked more? Never understood this...

Yeah, I don't get this either.  He had one of the best, smoothest and most original sounds; yet even his own best friends like Snoop, Nate, Dre, Kurupt, Daz... rarely ever asked him to produce for them.  The worst disrespect was when he wasn't even asked to produce the 213 album.  Nate and Snoop sound great over his beats... doesn't make sense.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 08:13:49 AM »
ELZHI - best lyricist out

MistaNova

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »
lulz at calling out the entire Coast.

Well the west is home to Death Row, Black Wall Street and Aftermath after all.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Cormega - His first 2 albums were absolutely classic shit. After that, he waited too long to release a third album (although he was fan base was really anticipating). Instead he released a collab album with Lake (yuk!) & documentary Who Am I, and a compilation album. None of these were really great

I disagree w/ this especially since Mega still puttin out quality shit. Who Am I was dope n so was Legal Hustle. Born & Raised was fire too. Its like because he didnt go commercial he fell off but he didnt want to do that. Dude is underground & proud. Only thing that held Mega back was ignorant Nas dickriders who refuse to ever give the nigga a chance because he went at their idol false prophet.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Okka

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:33 AM »
someone is grumpy today.
eat some cheer-up cookies or go out and get some sunshine Okka.

Oh, shit. You're finally back. I wasn't being grumpy, i was just askin him if he knows how big The D.O.C. was when "No One Can Do It Better" came out.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
young lay
fabolous
crooked i
the d.o.c
hittman
royce

all good picks....but the biggest one not even mentioned in this thread is x-raided

he put out classics from behind bars...imagine if he were never incarcerated, the man coulda been on top of the west right now. raided is straight 2pacesque and not many people realize it, because of the low quality in his music. if he wasnt spitting from prison for 90% of his career, norcal rap would be completely different, and the west would have someone legit to hold em down on that real tip.