Author Topic: J. Cole Credits Lil B For “Originating Counterculture” Movement In The Rap Game  (Read 197 times)

J. B A N A N A S

http://theversed.com/2013/03/04/j-cole-credits-lil-b-for-originating-counterculture-movement-in-the-rap-game/

I can see where he (Cole) is coming from with this statement. Sure, rap started as counterculture but it's been homogenized and adopted so heavily in to mainstream America that event he president can say he likes Jay-Z. Lil B has served as an antithesis for that homogenization, where can take rap lyrics standards and cliches, then turn them upside down through deconstructing them flow wise and exposing the absurdity that is rap. Also, when you read his twitter feed, you see he devotes a lot of his content to spreading positivity and pushing people away from gangsta shit and dangerous sexual habits. The message of positivity, within rap, is itself a counter culture movement. No other rapper, despite what they occasionally  praise themselves for during interviews, spend that amount of time and energy towards influencing kids for good.

Fraxxx

Thank You Based God!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

MistaNova

Thank The Based God and Praise The Cole God.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lil B is the truth.  Who else can say they've recorded with Jay Electronica, Phonte, & Jean Grae?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks