Author Topic: 6 civilians dead - 12 injured  (Read 233 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

6 civilians dead - 12 injured
« on: March 03, 2003, 11:16:50 AM »
US-British troops just bombed a civilian area in Iraq, killing 6 civilians and wounding 12 others.  :-\ :-\

The allegations are polar opposites, Iraq citing a pre emptive strike while the US saying the same.
But at the end of the day 6 innocents are dead for no reason, imagine if it had been the iraqis who killed 6 american soldiers (never mind civilians), the US would start bombing like fuck, no questions asked. It looks to me like the US/British are trying to battle harden the troops before full conflict. Sad how an alliance claiming to protect iraqis goes and bombs the innocents. Its happened before and it'll happen again will they be held accountable?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Woodrow

Re:6 civilians dead - 12 injured
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 12:28:50 PM »
US-British troops just bombed a civilian area in Iraq, killing 6 civilians and wounding 12 others.  :-\ :-\

The allegations are polar opposites, Iraq citing a pre emptive strike while the US saying the same.
But at the end of the day 6 innocents are dead for no reason, imagine if it had been the iraqis who killed 6 american soldiers (never mind civilians), the US would start bombing like fuck, no questions asked. It looks to me like the US/British are trying to battle harden the troops before full conflict. Sad how an alliance claiming to protect iraqis goes and bombs the innocents. Its happened before and it'll happen again will they be held accountable?

Proof?

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 09:11:23 AM »
Look at the news man, it was the leading story on all the news stations, debating whether or not it was a legal assault under UN laws. Watch CNN tonight, im sure itll be on it. BTW it was 6 dead 15 injured. Read the papers today, its all over them
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 12:13:23 PM »
Look at the news man, it was the leading story on all the news stations, debating whether or not it was a legal assault under UN laws. Watch CNN tonight, im sure itll be on it. BTW it was 6 dead 15 injured. Read the papers today, its all over them

Yeah, I've seen the news. The US and British were patroling the no-fly zones and they were shot at. They responded blew up the sitest that were shooting at them.

"Central Command said: "The coalition struck the targets after Iraqi forces fired anti-aircraft artillery earlier in the day at coalition aircraft supporting Operation Southern Watch."
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/03/no.fly.strike/index.html

Then the Iraqi's come out and say that 6 civilians were killed... This can't be verified by any repituble news source.

It all comes down to who you belive....

Do you trust Saddam?

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 11:13:01 PM »
Yet another slam on the u.s.a. that was unfounded.  Apology?  Still Waiting....

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 07:04:30 AM »
Well considering the attack was in Basra, a largely residential area, I dont see how  you could attack a target without killing civilians. Secondly, no news source can prove that 6 civilians were killed OR that the iraqis opened fire. If the 6 dead wasnt based on any evidence, then why did the leading english news station have it as the lead story? America and Britain are stepping up their destruction of iraqi defense systems that could hinder a ground assault, the 6 were "collateral" damage. As a war has not been sanctioned, why is it that the states and uk can attack iraq's infrastructure without repraisal, when it seems that Iraq is doing whats being asked "disarming"

For those with a short term memory, remember when Fishler said the disarming of the al-soumoud missiles would be a test of Iraqs willingness to comply? Well I think they are passing that test, and as long as iraq continues to disarm, why attack? By all means keep the pressure on but dont go gung ho when things are going smoothly.
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 12:33:28 PM »
Well considering the attack was in Basra, a largely residential area, I dont see how  you could attack a target without killing civilians. Secondly, no news source can prove that 6 civilians were killed OR that the iraqis opened fire. If the 6 dead wasnt based on any evidence, then why did the leading english news station have it as the lead story? America and Britain are stepping up their destruction of iraqi defense systems that could hinder a ground assault, the 6 were "collateral" damage. As a war has not been sanctioned, why is it that the states and uk can attack iraq's infrastructure without repraisal, when it seems that Iraq is doing whats being asked "disarming"

For those with a short term memory, remember when Fishler said the disarming of the al-soumoud missiles would be a test of Iraqs willingness to comply? Well I think they are passing that test, and as long as iraq continues to disarm, why attack? By all means keep the pressure on but dont go gung ho when things are going smoothly.
I'm guessing your avoidance of my question means that you trust saddam hussien.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2003, 11:27:52 AM »
Sorry man, I missed your question...

No I don't trust Saddam, I think he's a sly bastard, but I dont believe his people should be made to suffer for it. On the other hand I dont trust Bush or Jack Straw either.
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK