Author Topic: Prince Ital Joe´s Unreleased Album (Hollywood Records)  (Read 9265 times)

MarshColin

Re: Prince Ital Joe´s Unreleased Album (Hollywood Records)
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
The average rap or reggae fan would have no clue who Prince Ital Joe was. Giving him legend status is a little ridiculous.

123imagee

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 01:34:53 AM »
he makes songs (like "blasphemy") more eerie with his voice and accent.

Okka

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 04:46:52 AM »
The average rap or reggae fan would have no clue who Prince Ital Joe was. Giving him legend status is a little ridiculous.

Exactly. It's only the Death Row fanatics who would think somethin' like that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
well considering he was on Hail Mary and that's one of Pac's most famous songs I'd disagree

Mietek23

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »
well considering he was on Hail Mary and that's one of Pac's most famous songs I'd disagree

People don't listen to "Hail Mary" because it has Prince Ital Joe on it ::) Just because he died in a tragic accident, dosen't mean we have to call him a legend - dude was nice, but c'mon now.

Will_B

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »

People don't listen to "Hail Mary" because it has Prince Ital Joe on it ::) Just because he died in a tragic accident, dosen't mean we have to call him a legend - dude was nice, but c'mon now.

I think he fits in with the West associated 'hall of fame' artists

Most people don't have a clue who RBX is (for example) but he's considered a West Coast great no question

Mietek23

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2013, 01:27:11 PM »

Most people don't have a clue who RBX is (for example) but he's considered a West Coast great no question

The difference is - RBX has a West Coast classic record under his belt ("RBX Files"). Prince Ital Joe is only remembered because of his guest apperances on Death Row albums so it ain't the same.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »

People don't listen to "Hail Mary" because it has Prince Ital Joe on it 

i do

Mietek23

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »

People don't listen to "Hail Mary" because it has Prince Ital Joe on it 

i do

Then you must be the only person on this planet who does that.

Okka

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »
You can't compare RBX to Prince Ital Joe. That's just fuckin stupid.

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »

The difference is - RBX has a West Coast classic record under his belt ("RBX Files"). Prince Ital Joe is only remembered because of his guest apperances on Death Row albums so it ain't the same.

"RBX Files" is a good album, but it aint a classic.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 06:16:48 PM »

"RBX Files" is a good album, but it aint a classic.

this

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2013, 11:18:31 PM »

I wasn't skills wise

I was saying that West Coast fans will still consider people that the rest of the world has never heard of, to be in some kind of Hall of Fame

Lil Malik is another example, and look at his output

Okka

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2013, 01:49:19 AM »

I wasn't skills wise

I was saying that West Coast fans will still consider people that the rest of the world has never heard of, to be in some kind of Hall of Fame

Lil Malik is another example, and look at his output

You can't compare Mr. Malik to RBX either, but i see what you mean.

123imagee

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2013, 12:58:24 AM »
Joe Wasnt Even Credited Properly, If He Would Put Out Album(s), Do Shows,etc. He Would Be Better Known But DR Kept Him In The Shadow, I Don´t Know Why.