Author Topic: Scientists on the threshold of disproving Darwin's theory of Evolution  (Read 688 times)

mauzip

Re:Scientists on the threshold of disproving Darwin's theory of Evolution
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2003, 07:37:22 PM »
Like I said for the hundreth time...DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

I am an open athiest.  To me, god is an explanation for everything humans don't understand.  Noone was around when the universe started, noone was around when Earth first formed, and noone was around when the trees, oceans, grass, deserts, and all the fun shit came...so NOONE knows how it all began.  Since noone knows, people grasp a concept and stick to it...AKA god.  Now, there is NO physical evidence that there is a higher power or supreme being...so why do people insist to believe in it?  Trauma, not all athiests believe what they do because of Darwin...some people just plain DON'T CARE...like myself.

To me, the bible is just full of convincing myths.  I'll start with Mary.  Now, we all know it is physically IMPOSSIBLE for a woman to get pregnant without SEMEN and an EGG.  How do we know if Joeseph and Mary secretly had sex that one night?  How do we know if Mary was a hermaphrodite and got herself pregnant?  WE DON'T!

I know lots of people will hate me for saying some things I have and give me bad karma, but I care not.  What really bothers me...is that so many people try to prove each other wrong and find out how Earth and the universe truly started.  WHO GIVES A FUCK?!  That happened billions of years ago!  We are where we are now.  So I say...FUCK HOW THE WORLD STARTED AND FUCK RELIGION, AND BE HAPPY YOU ARE ALIVE ON THIS PLANET WHILE IT'S STILL IN ONE PIECE!

I can talk with you. I have respect for everyone that believes in (a) god, but I can't stand it when people say it's wrong not to have a religion or whatever. I believe in science (no not scientists) and I believe not everything can be explained. Human beings are not smart enough to explain everything.

TheSheriff

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2003, 07:51:28 PM »
^^^word

I believe if someone is good, if there is a God worth believing in, they'll go to Heaven. Rod at www.air0day.com made the best ever apologetica for atheists.

I believe, but others don't have to.

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2003, 10:06:10 PM »
I don't belive in god, but I don't deny that there can't be one out there.  It just doesn't concern me.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2003, 10:24:04 PM »
you'd never be a good preacher trauma, you're way too patronizing.

it doesnt matter what they find, they'll never be scientific proof of God, and I think this is a far cry from completely disproving Darwin. But that doesnt mean people cant believe in what they want, since when has science been able to shape peoples religion and beliefs? if it did, religion would have died out long ago

and how you gon base your argument on someone who thinks we all came from outer space. i think his credibility is already half way out the window

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2003, 01:27:28 AM »
Trauma i don't know if you hate it when people like Tech or Cwalker post blatently bias articles as fact and the only side to a story, but that is what you have done.
Wasn't the 'grand design' theory pushed by Christian fundemenaltists in the USA who didn't want children to be taught the theory of evolution as it went against their beliefs? They then invested lots of money into research into it and having it taught in schools instead of evolution, and as they couldn't get the creationist theory taught in schools (due to seperation of church and state) so they came up with not a God but a 'grand design'. Simply put it is the creationist theory from The Bible using different words to stop it from breaking the U.S. Constitution. And as for it getting a lot of respect in the scientist community, it doesn't, it gets laughed at by most scientists. It is taught in 'backwater' states such as your own as there populations are too ignorant to anything thats foreign and questions or offers an alternative to their way and beliefs of life.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

infinite59

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2003, 01:50:34 AM »
Great post Trauma.  Much props and respects.  I think you can take me off block now.  (btw, hint)

If you actually read all of Trauma's post you would understand that atheists have a more difficult argument to make than theists do.

And I don't understand why brother Tech said that there is no proof for God.  Allah, God means= Creator.  For example, hypothetically, if the world was created by a mixture of gases then that first thought that created that first mixture of gas was an infinite, eternal, thought that I read about in my Qur'an everyday whose name is almighty Allah!!!  Therefore, how can you disprove my belief in Allah?  The only thing you can disprove is that ugly ass old white man in the clouds that they always show on TV.

Anyway, thanks for the post Trauma, peace.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 01:51:09 AM by Haj Infinite Ibrahim »

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2003, 02:05:24 AM »
The only thing you can disprove is that ugly ass old white man in the clouds that they always show on TV.

Anyway, thanks for the post Trauma, peace.

kill the white man!

infinite59

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2003, 02:16:37 AM »

kill the white man!

LOL.  His days are numbered!!!! He wants to change but his time is already up!!!!

Okay, maybe not, but that was published in a book a half a century ago.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2003, 06:26:30 AM »
99% of the info i've read say the exact opposite of what you just said...most scientific journals i've read say that evolution pretty much proven(trust me i've done papers on this stuff) ...interesting article though, but this is like one article out of 100 that goes this route..also if you watch the discovery channel they base most of their programming on evolution is true....and you have to be damn good in your field to do programming for the discovery channnel
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 06:27:05 AM by verbalassaulta »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2003, 12:34:52 PM »
Interesting article Trauma, props for posting it.  I beleive in evolution, it doesnt really confict with my religion either.  But i've always had second thoughts about macroevolution, I dont fully beleive it works, or that it doesnt...I read somewhere a while ago that the same processes that cause within-species changes of the frequencies of alleles can be extrapolated to between species changes.  And that "There is no difference between micro- and macroevolution except that genes between species usually diverge, while genes within species usually combine. The same processes that cause within-species evolution are responsible for above-species evolution, except that the processes that cause speciation include things that cannot happen to lesser groups, such as the evolution of different sexual apparatus (because, by definition, once organisms cannot interbreed, they are different species). "

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2003, 04:39:22 PM »
When did I say being athiest was wrong? LOL yall are putting words in my mouth.  Let me explain it on an even more kindergarten level, then maybe you can understand me.

SOME athiests, are athiests, ONLY because of Darwinism.  They mistakenly attach darwin's theory that animals evolve, to a creation theory.  Current research shows that the 'simple cell' couldn't have evolved, because in any state other than it's present, it wouldn't survive.

I didn't say Darwin's theory of MICRO evolution was wrong.  Scientific evidence points to that.  I said MACRO evolution, evolution outside of a species, into a new species, has no evidence.  

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as the more intelligent respondants noted, I wasn't pushing a creationist, christian theory.  I was merely saying that EVIDENCE, hard, microbiological evidence points to some sort of intelligence creating the simple cell.  

When there is a 10 to the 40,000th power chance of something happening; and science tells you anything over 10 to the 40th is impossible, and would never randomly happen even on an infinite, cosmic level; why would a scientist hold onto a theory based on that concept?

I have nothing against Athiests.  I was simply saying, that THOSE athiests that are athiests solely because they believe in evolutionary theory, ought to rethink their stance.  If you're an athiest for any other reason, then of course this isn't gonna make you change your mind.  

P.S. - Why do I have to explain everything I say?  Kaidy, I wouldn't be so patronizing if people would stop challenging me on the assumed.  I say something, they attack what I didn't say, necessitating that I say it.  

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2003, 01:49:06 PM »
^^Damn, dope avatar Trauma  ;D

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2003, 03:16:57 AM »
Its nice to try and disprove evolution. But, did u find any proof of God yet? lol.

TheSheriff

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2003, 03:28:25 PM »
Its nice to try and disprove evolution. But, did u find any proof of God yet? lol.

You can't prove God exists to some people; they refuse to listen. However, I know He does, Infinite knows He does, Blade knows He does...And so on. How does it disprove God's existence, that you don't believe in him?

Remember, Darwin died a Christian. He still believed in scientific approaches, but he felt his macro-evolution theory was untenable. However, God-haters had latched onto his earlier ideas, formed whilst he was young and bitter, and ignored him later on.

Wanna say Christians are close-minded? Talk to Richard Dawkins, and every "Darwinist" who ignores Darwin's later works.

Owen

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2003, 08:52:39 PM »
You can't prove God exists

period..

knowing and believing are two different things. Believing requires no facts to support the theory. Knowing, does.