Author Topic: Scientists on the threshold of disproving Darwin's theory of Evolution  (Read 673 times)

TheSheriff

Re:Scientists on the threshold of disproving Darwin's theory of Evolution
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2003, 08:56:50 PM »
Oh, I can prove God exists. To myself, to those willing to LISTEN.

When I look out at the window, see the world pass by, see life happening, I KNOW there is something more than protons, neutrons and electrons.

Maybe you don't. Not my problem. If you're a good person, I'll see you in Heaven.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2003, 09:04:16 PM »
Oh, I can prove God exists. To myself, to those willing to LISTEN.

When I look out at the window, see the world pass by, see life happening, I KNOW there is something more than protons, neutrons and electrons.

Maybe you don't. Not my problem. If you're a good person, I'll see you in Heaven.

u can prove it to those willing to believe what u say. I can prove that there are invisible dogs running around my house right now, if im pitching it to someone who will believe it. Im not knockin u for wha u believe tho. If it works for you, then its good for you. If it makes u better, then its good for you. If it doesnt work for me, then my life doesnt change by believing it.

TheSheriff

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2003, 09:06:48 PM »
u can prove it to those willing to believe what u say. I can prove that there are invisible dogs running around my house right now, if im pitching it to someone who will believe it. Im not knockin u for wha u believe tho. If it works for you, then its good for you. If it makes u better, then its good for you. If it doesnt work for me, then my life doesnt change by believing it.

You try to make it sound like some drug dependency. I suppose it is. But that makes it no less true, and no less false.

Let's agree to disagree, or whatever.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2003, 09:10:37 PM »

You try to make it sound like some drug dependency. I suppose it is. But that makes it no less true, and no less false.

Let's agree to disagree, or whatever.

naw, i aint tryna say youre WRONG. Only that, my view is as right as yours is. Yours is right for you, mine is right for me. Yah know? But yah, agree to disagree.

lol@ Owen being more mature then any other religious person ive disagreed wit on here yet. Props Owen...

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2003, 10:20:52 PM »
^^ Just to throw salt in.

Existence isn't defined by whether or not you believe it exists, so If I KNOW God exists, It doesn't matter to me what you know.  You can't know he DOESN'T exist, because it's impossible to prove a negative (that something isn't).  You Can however prove that he does exist.  

So, finally, it's possible to prove, by the scientific method, that God exists, by the definition of the Scientific Method!  Maybe it hasn't been proven to your satisfaction yet, but it is at least possible to do, because all things are possible until proven impossible, and it's impossible to prove that something DOESN'T exist!

What does this mean? It means, that the argument for a god is always a better argument than the argument against god, since that's an argument that CAN NEVER be won.  

Peace~

mauzip

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2003, 10:37:27 PM »
this is actually a useless discussion. atheists will always see god doesn't exist and religious people will say god does exist. no matter what the discussion.

Trauma-san

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2003, 10:47:58 PM »
Yeah, but Athiests can't possibly prove they're right, while believers CAN :)

SCIENTIFIC THEORY! GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2003, 01:12:01 AM »
LoL I couldnt resist throwing this joke in:

TEACHER: Tommy do you see the tree outside?
TOMMY: Yes.
TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass outside?
TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.
TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.
TEACHER: Did you see God?
TOMMY: No.
TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. He doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the little girl questioned the boy.

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?
LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?
TOMMY: Yessssss (getting tired of the questions this time).
LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky?
TOMMY: Yessssss.
LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?
TOMMY: Yes
LITTLE GIRL: Do you see the teacher's brain?
TOMMY: No.
LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!

lmao, i found that hilarious...Oh Yeah back on topic.  'God could not reveal His entirety to us without causing major problems in our universe. The sudden appearance of dimensions and matter(?) from outside the universe would destroy anything in the vicinity and maybe even destroy the entire universe. This is why the Bible says that nobody can see God and live.1 However, God could reveal His nature by communicating with humans and sending an incarnated version of Himself. This is exactly what Christianity claims - that God gave messages to humans (through the prophets) and sent an incarnation of Himself (His Son), who took on the form of a human in order to interact with humans directly.  Also The Bible says the universe cannot contain God ,indicating He must exist and operate in dimensions of space and time other than those to which we are confined'

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: March 15, 2003, 01:22:25 AM by .:[b L a D e]:. »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2003, 03:10:45 AM »
^^ Just to throw salt in.

Existence isn't defined by whether or not you believe it exists, so If I KNOW God exists, It doesn't matter to me what you know.  You can't know he DOESN'T exist, because it's impossible to prove a negative (that something isn't).  You Can however prove that he does exist.  

So, finally, it's possible to prove, by the scientific method, that God exists, by the definition of the Scientific Method!  Maybe it hasn't been proven to your satisfaction yet, but it is at least possible to do, because all things are possible until proven impossible, and it's impossible to prove that something DOESN'T exist!

What does this mean? It means, that the argument for a god is always a better argument than the argument against god, since that's an argument that CAN NEVER be won.  

Peace~

The thing is, no one has to prove something DOESNT exist. It is yall who are trying to prove that it does. Like my "invisible dogs" idea. Do they exist Trauma? I think they do. Do u believe me now, just because i think they exist? Or do u need me to actually PROVE it to you that they are here. There is no physical evidence of God, only theory and belief. If u believe sumthing enough, u will FIND evidence that might not necessarily be real. If i BELIEVE strongly enough in those invisible dogs, i would find all kinds of reasons as to why they are real.

PS-I dont really believe in invisible dogz lol